Banned for 2 days for a 12yr old toon's name

From the EULA:

Blizzard’s Ownership

1. With the sole exception of the Licensors’ Games, Blizzard is the owner or licensee of all right, title, and interest in and to the Platform, including the Games that are produced and developed by Blizzard (“Blizzard Games”), Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, Accounts, and all of the features and components thereof.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/fba4d00f-c7e4-4883-b8b9-1b4500a402ea/blizzard-end-user-license-agreement

1 Like

I get that you want to debate whether or not the account action is appropriate, but that’s not how it works.

If you wish appeal, you do so via a ticket. Discussing an account action is actually a violation of the forum rules itself, though there tends to be a little leniency here in CS to help direct people to the proper avenue to appeal.

You can put in a ticket here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/1609/solution

That’s all you can do.

And while the account is yours, the characters and everything in-game belongs to Blizz. We basically rent the data from Blizz. Whether it’s yours or not is a moot point here though as it has no bearing on this issue.

7 Likes

This does not mean the current violation is a result of “spam reports”. It simply means you didn’t heed the warning given before and thus resulted in the suspension.

This means a GM renamed the character for you. Just a warning though: If you create a new character with this name, there will be harsher penalties.

Edit: And with that, I believe the topic is done. Especially since Discussing Disciplinary Actions is against the Forum Code of Conduct.

5 Likes

never recieved a name warning ever for this character and all other variations of the name have not even been logged onto or had an active sub since i believe the beginning of legion when i was being spam reported for multiboxing tho i kept to myself didn’t harrass people mostly attempted to do 5v5 arena and ran dungeons by myself lol

Any character. That’s why there is the emphasis on self-reporting for this or any character on your accounts that may toe the line. If you were ever hit with a rename warning in the past, that was your warning. You don’t get a reset and warning for each name that gets flagged.

6 Likes

which brings me back to the name is not against code of conduct its not offensive or inappropriate so why am i getting flag … o wait the email says it people reporting my name

1 Like

If your name is not in violation it does not matter how many report you! Nothing would happen. You do not get actioned simply because you got reported.

2 Likes

Not to you, maybe. Other people were offended, as I explained why above with what connotations may be drawn without knowing the history of why you named it that.

You don’t get to decide what offends other people.

3 Likes

did you read the email i posted it specifically says because it was reported by other players lol how is this name offensive to start and per code of conduct

"Names are subject to the same rules established above. Any name the player has the ability to customize—such as player names, BattleTags, and guild names—must be appropriate and inoffensive. Any name that violates our standards or disrupts the community will be changed, and additional limitations may be placed on the offending account per our discretion.

Take note that acceptable names are determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and role-playing servers may have distinct standards for using game-appropriate names."

1 Like

This still isn’t an avenue to appeal the account action.

Wait on your ticket and keep in mind that a name doesn’t have to be “inappropriate” in order to be an actionable name. Even a blue (Blizz employee) here suggested that you report your name as it’s not appropriate.

You’re welcome to argue until you’re blue in the face here, but nothing will be done nor change via posting here.

Again, your only option is to appeal via ticket. Nothing else.

10 Likes

you are right i don’t as we are in the era of being offended thats why there should be rules policies that state it pretty black and white instead of stating a rule/policy but at the end say meh what ever mood someone is in at the time lmao

1 Like

It would appear that the player base has matured faster than some of the players.

7 Likes

They keep it purposefully grey because times change and people and the game are ever evolving. Your name is somewhat familiar to me as someone who started out on Hydraxis back many, many moons ago and spent the larger part of my time with the game there. Would I have reported it back in the day? Probably not. These days? I likely would - and yes, I say that as someone from Moon Guard who has seen some pretty gnarly names and far worse things.

• Players found it to be something they didn’t believe to be appropriate for the game.

• They reported it, as is their right.

• A GM (or multiples, really), looked over the report(s) and agreed the name is not one that should be used, and due to whatever history is attached to your account, a suspension was issued rather than a warning.

• You get the email and invitation to appeal the decision of the sanction.

• You have appealed the decision - as is your right.

This is the process. Posting here honestly serves no purpose save for to try and educate you and any other poor soul who trips over this thread in the future.

7 Likes

Again that someone reported you does not matter. If they report you and it is not found in violation NOTHING will happen. You do not get actioned because someone just reports you. The name has to be in violation.

Fyi your name your posting on is also in violation as it is several words put together to make a name.

Also posting here gets you nothing either. No one here can get the action lifted

2 Likes

It is the one the account action was for. It is also a sexual reference, which does not belong in the game.

6 Likes

I really, really don’t care for the feigned ignorance when it comes to these things. Just tell the truth. Seriously. All of the, “it doesn’t mean this or that,” is just… lame. It’s very much like when you catch the youth with chocolate all over their mouths and fingers - insisting they didn’t get into the Hershey’s syrup. Come on.

So, to enlighten you, since you are so woefully ignorant of the connotation your name brings, it references adultery. “Your wife, my kids,” meaning you had an adulterous relationship with my wife, and I am now raising your kids. That’s rude, it’s inappropriate, and it doesn’t belong in World of Warcraft.

Do you get it now? As if you ever really didn’t…

:roll_eyes:

16 Likes

lol what sexual reference?

1 Like

vorsal is also two names in some cultures whats your point two names does not violate anything specialy on a pve normal server go to goldshire on moon guard if you want real violations

Please stop your only hurting ur case at this point take a deep breath and stop responding while u still have posting ability.

That’s usually only an issue on RP realms.

Although one could argue the name is a violation for…other reasons that are obvious.

1 Like