Banned for 2 days for a 12yr old toon's name

yet it takes you guys a week to respond you no longer have a customer service phone number that you can reach any company rep on wtf is going on with this horrible customer service blizzard?

4 Likes

You will want to appeal via the support line.

It should not take a week to get a response though.

It should be noted the age of the character has no impact on your penalty. It is most likely this is an escalated penalty due to the account having past naming violations.

This forum is more player discussion, not appeal, sadly due to privacy not much information can be obtained from it.

9 Likes

This character (if not - I’d suggest you self report it)

It doesn’t take a week. Any tickets you have opened should show under My Tickets.

Support link above, then My tickets.

10 Likes

Nope, it’s been gone for several years now. Tickets are the only way to appeal it. All it takes is one report for it to be brought to a GM’s attention for review, no matter how old a toon or it’s inappropriate name is. And before it even comes up, Blizzard is reactive. No matter how many others you want to use as examples, their inappropriateness does not excuse your own - and those others should be reported too for review.

I would definitely take Orlyia’s advice to heart though, about self-reporting that name and any others that are remotely off-color - regardless of how old a character it is or how long it’s been since you’ve logged into them. If you keep getting reported for naming violations, it’s likely your suspensions will only keep increasing in duration.

12 Likes

They have not had a phone number for years and even when they did it was never for this! Ever.

Since you got two days off from the game this is not your first trip around the block. If this was your first offense you would have gotten a warning and a name change.

3 Likes

you are right i had a guild of people in mop harrassing me spam reporting my toons and i had to appeal them but never a suspension/ban for it the fact that i have over 10 toons with this name that i used to multibox just because someone decides they want to report ur name doesn’t make it offensive or vulgar there is nothing wrong with my toons name tho it is funny how the email i got said i own my account and characters now after all the stink about you don’t own your account

1 Like

Blockquote so what your saying if anyone cry’s long enough about anyone person they get there way is what your saying makes no sense a realistic action would be banning people spam reporting for no reason i just find it odd that i just boosted this toon yesterday and then i get a 2 day ban seems odd and i’ve been playing this toon on an off the last month doing bg’s and dungeons with zero altercations

1 Like

It only takes one report, if a GM finds a name violation, a penalty will be handed down. Usually they request you change your name, but repeated violations can increase the penalty.

Not all names are necessarily vulgar or offensive, they simply do not fit into the game rules, and were found to be inappropriate for the game.

Your name technically is a sentence of multiple words.

I’m not sure which name you were found to be in violation under, but that would be something for the appeal.

5 Likes

nothing offensive or vulgar about this characters name so not sure why i would need to report it this character was made in 2010 when i started playing with my ex wife and her new hubby on wow and in most cases i get complements on the name specialy when they hear the back story but since your hear and see the issue can you take care of my ticket that i filed? or is this just a haha middle finger to my face

1 Like

this toon i am talking on in the forum Urwifemykids

1 Like

Orlyia is a moderator, they do not handle in game tickets, or bypass that system.

6 Likes

right under there name it says customer service not mod or mvp

1 Like

The point is that Orlyia isn’t involved in that process.

3 Likes

To you, but apparently it was to someone and they reported you for it. If the sanction is upheld, again, I would take Orlyia’s advice about the self-reporting. Better that - on that toon and all your others with the accented characters similar to it (and tbh, your mage’s name is asking for it too) - than from someone else. I don’t say that as someone trying to drag you down, but it looks a lot better for you to do it than another report from someone else. It’s only a matter of time before a GM would look at your account(s) and it will catch up with you once you’re on the radar.

8 Likes

Mite want to check ur eye sight it says customer support these forums are a player to player support forum with blue moderation that have no connection the developers nor do they deal with tickets they can check the status but arent allowed to overstep a GM.

1 Like

just wanna point out the obvious so i can go around spam reporting peoples names and after enough they will be forced to change there name and possible face a suspension just because i want to be a jerk that is what is being said and what the code of conduct says lmao

1 Like

You can report whomever you’d like if you think they’re violating the rules. They’re only hit with a warning or sanction if the GM agrees that it’s in violation. So report away if you see folks who are breaking the rules, it’s the only way they can tamp down on things like this.

6 Likes

Welcome to Customer Support, the most heavily moderated forum there is here. Unless you’ve something constructive to offer to help the OP as is the directive of said forum, it is unwise to troll a thread here unless you’re looking to add to your resume that may eventually lead to a vacation from posting.

9 Likes

No, it says Customer Support. Nowhere does it say Service. There is a difference.

5 Likes

You were never able to call for an appeal. Appeals have always been handled by tickets only.

1 Like