Banned for 2 days for a 12yr old toon's name

my last violation was years ago and it was appealed successfully the same day but that was back when this game had actual customer service agents that actively managed the game at one point we even had gm’s observing boss mechanics on live when a ticket was filed for a bug last time i saw that was in wrath now look at it takes roughly a week to get an automated response to a ticket and this is not just coming from me this is a large community that as of today i’ve been asking opinions from and relaying them via my own posts also per the email for this violation i own my account when did that change?

1 Like

Anyone thats saying its taking more then a week for a response is mistaken unless it requires divine intervention tickets are averaging 24hr or they hit the ticket bug and it never got filed in the first place.

4 Likes

Those are templates used to ensure consistency among replies. Very different from an “automated” reply, which does not happen with appeals. All appeals are reviewed by a different GM.

Which means absolutely nothing. Someone’s opinion doesn’t matter when it comes to Blizzard’s rules. You agreed to follow them. Since you didn’t, you now have to face the penalties for it.

7 Likes

if there opinion doesn’t matter why i am i having this issue because someone had an opinion right?

1 Like

The opinion that mattered is the GM’s. And that “opinion” is enforcing the rules.

6 Likes

Someone reported your name because they thought it violated the rules. Blizzard agreed the name was inappropriate, which means it is not appropriate for a T for Teen rated game. Blue post from a similar thread for reference:

9 Likes

The only opinion that matters is blizzard and there logs they will never take a players opinion over hearsay either it violates the rules or the logs prove others wise blizzard will never take forums into account. and on that note im outa here since u done want to see reason.

4 Likes

they already have haha hince the 2 day suspension

1 Like

Check the EULA, you have never owned the account.

11 Likes

I believe the phrasing is more along the lines of “You are responsible for what happens on your own account.” It’s possible the OP is confusing the usage of the word “own” in this context.

6 Likes

but official emails say different pretty interesting i am no lawyer but doesn’t that cause a conflict with the eula "Due to these player reports, we have renamed your World of Warcraft Character.

As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of a compromised account or similar extenuating circumstances.

Regards,

Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment
https://battle.net/support"

1 Like

Game: World of Warcraft®

Action(s) Taken:
Account Suspended
Urwifemykids was permanently renamed, or is going to be renamed.

Violation: Inappropriate Name

Your fellow players reported your in-game name as inappropriate multiple times.

Suspension expires on: 2022 May 13 21:34 UTC

After a thorough investigation of the evidence, we have Suspended your World of Warcraft account.

As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of a compromised account or similar extenuating circumstances.

If you understand this and still want to appeal our decision, please visit this article and submit a ticket.

Due to these player reports, we have renamed your World of Warcraft Character.

Regards,

Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment
https://battle.net/support

From the EULA:

Blizzard’s Ownership

1. With the sole exception of the Licensors’ Games, Blizzard is the owner or licensee of all right, title, and interest in and to the Platform, including the Games that are produced and developed by Blizzard (“Blizzard Games”), Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, Accounts, and all of the features and components thereof.
1 Like

I get that you want to debate whether or not the account action is appropriate, but that’s not how it works.

If you wish appeal, you do so via a ticket. Discussing an account action is actually a violation of the forum rules itself, though there tends to be a little leniency here in CS to help direct people to the proper avenue to appeal.

You can put in a ticket here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/1609/solution

That’s all you can do.

And while the account is yours, the characters and everything in-game belongs to Blizz. We basically rent the data from Blizz. Whether it’s yours or not is a moot point here though as it has no bearing on this issue.

7 Likes

This does not mean the current violation is a result of “spam reports”. It simply means you didn’t heed the warning given before and thus resulted in the suspension.

This means a GM renamed the character for you. Just a warning though: If you create a new character with this name, there will be harsher penalties.

Edit: And with that, I believe the topic is done. Especially since Discussing Disciplinary Actions is against the Forum Code of Conduct.

5 Likes

never recieved a name warning ever for this character and all other variations of the name have not even been logged onto or had an active sub since i believe the beginning of legion when i was being spam reported for multiboxing tho i kept to myself didn’t harrass people mostly attempted to do 5v5 arena and ran dungeons by myself lol

Any character. That’s why there is the emphasis on self-reporting for this or any character on your accounts that may toe the line. If you were ever hit with a rename warning in the past, that was your warning. You don’t get a reset and warning for each name that gets flagged.

6 Likes

which brings me back to the name is not against code of conduct its not offensive or inappropriate so why am i getting flag … o wait the email says it people reporting my name

1 Like

If your name is not in violation it does not matter how many report you! Nothing would happen. You do not get actioned simply because you got reported.

2 Likes

Not to you, maybe. Other people were offended, as I explained why above with what connotations may be drawn without knowing the history of why you named it that.

You don’t get to decide what offends other people.

3 Likes