Ban wave appeal times

The fact that players are even having to appeal bans over this worries me. What bothers me the most about all this is the fact players are abusing the reporting system and I feel like not enough is being done to deter players from doing that. That is the biggest problem here.

1 Like

To reiterate again here - reports alone are not enough to trigger sanctions. It does however, trigger the system for a GM to investigate someone. If that person isn’t breaking the rules, if they’re participating as they should be? Then nothing will happen no matter how many reports are received. For it to merit a sanction, they look beyond a single match to see if there is a pattern of behavior. It’s right there in Blue font the third post into this thread.

I’m sorry but if you’re trying to make the argument that everyone who got hit by the ban wave recently deserved it then I don’t think you’re understanding how a lot of players feel about this, and we’re going to have to agree to disagree.

Sweet fuzzy bunnies. Did I say anywhere that “HAHA! THEY GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED, GO FORTH AND SUFFER!” or remotely anything like it? No. Did I say that I didn’t care about how people were affected? No, I actually said a few times through here that I was sorry folks were caught up in it and wished folks luck with their appeals. I am well aware that players are upset, frustrated, irritated and angry beyond words, just from what has come across this forum alone today has been more than enough proof of that. Nowhere have I ever said anywhere that anyone was deserving of what sanctions went out.

What I have said though, was that people are making a lot of very wrong assumptions in how things work or the processes. I have said that Blizzard isn’t perfect, that their own staff says it. I have provided facts that have been stated time and time again by our SFAs to try and combat rampant disinformation and clarify why people are getting hit by non-participation by camping out in towers and such. I have told people to appeal and keep appealing if they believe their sanction to be a false positive.

6 Likes

Alright folks, I think this has gone on much longer than it should have.

Discussion about account penalties are not appropriate for these forums and the only place to appeal or seek additional information would be through the appeals process.

If there is any more information to be had outside of that, it will likely come from our Community Management team, though that is unlikely.

6 Likes