Ban wave appeal times

With this recent wave of bans and more and more information coming out about how many people have been falsely banned including myself. when will blizzard make a comment on this rising issue instead of sitting behind a CS rep who has zero idea of what just happened or even how the game is played? there seems to be a similar play style for the people banned.

1.) caped or defended a tower which is an objective of the game
2.) ran south to kill the boss if said boss is not dead.

the question is, is it the players responsibility to make the opposite faction come back cap the towers in which they are defending ? how would you like players react to this interaction? is it not the games design to deplete the resources of the opposite faction? is defending a tower which mind you people have been asking players to do since AV came out the wrong action ?

it also seems like you have very few details about what happened, and keep saying wait for the ticket but with this case it’s hard to ignore the common issue is that a glaring number of players are caught in a ban wave they don’t deserve. can we get a better response on what actually has happened?

31 day ban for a 1st infraction ( if you can even call it that). in fact i don’t want to even admit it’s infraction as playing the game as indented isn’t against ToS. which puts it past the launch of wrath is a good idea?

11 Likes

Um, if you want to discuss tactics for AV battle, you might want to post in the Classic or BG forums.

As for everything else, wait for your appeals. We are not allowed to discuss the who, what and why of being suspended.

5 Likes

Just thwacking this here. You will have to wait on your appeal. There is no way to circumvent the appeals ticketing system.

8 Likes

I am not personally affected by this ban, but I 100% agree. People get less of a ban for actively trolling people, buying gold, offensive names, etc. Typically those are even after warnings. Banning people for THIRTY days for perceived AFKing (or actual AFKing) in a BG is dumb. Ban then from BGs… give them a 3 day suspension. I don’t know … WARN them seems more appropriate.

8 Likes

i’m not asking for tactics as i understand how this game is played. those questions are indented to clarify what needs to happen for a ban not to happen. again TOS was not broken. so please tell me how these questions don’t apply ?

1 Like

Again, we are not allowed to discuss that on the forums. The Blues just say and tell us regulars to say, submit and wait for the appeal to work through the system.

Again what is mentioned does not answer the question what is and what is not the flag factor. i killed plenty of people, i capped plenty of towers and grave yards. kill guards and towers. and drek. i was active in every single AV i was in.

the amount of appeals is going to be appalling and to wait might just be 30 days in itself. none of this answers any question i had asked.

1 Like

Is it really being suggested as you defend a tower in AV you need to pull some rams up into it so you can get some damage in.

Damage and healing is a VERY poor way to judge what someone is doing in AV. Same with using reports. Guess what every game I am in I have some guy screaming to report this play for that, then report this other player for being there, or report this player for not defending this tower and so on and so on…

3 Likes

While they are not part of the ban wave process, they do know what happened. That is in the hands of the Hacks/Dev team. Yes, the CS reps know how the game is played. They also know the policies in place which state that if you sit around not doing any damage or healing in a game, get reported by team mates, and do so over multiple games, it is an infraction that can result in a penalty.

Nobody here can tell you if that will even happen. Not us players, and not the Forum Support Reps.

In the past, if there were false positives, they have posted an announcement and overturned things. IF that is the case, then they might post something - but nobody can say if or when that would happen.

4 Likes

I appreciate your response. But at this moment this is getting out of hand has the team not notice the amount of people caught in a situation where they just last week paid 80$ for a deluxe edition and are now banned for the launch of wrath? for what ? doing nothing wrong and playing the game as intended.

5 Likes

I don’t know why people still defending cs or the system behind those suspensions.
There is obv. something wrong…

2 Likes

You wasn’t exactly banned, you was suspended, you’ll get to play the game after your suspension is up or sooner if they overturn the suspension. Bans tend to be permanent.

Fine, here you go then.

No but it’s a team event. You play as a team with everyone else. If the bulk of folks are zerging, then you’re supposed to be with them. If not? Your other players can absolutely report you. But it’s not player reports alone that gets you a sanction, the GMs investigating look at the data as well.

Answered that with the “you’re playing a team event part”.

People have adapted and it’s no different than bum rushing a boss in an instance rather than going with mechanics. How things are designed doesn’t always mean that players play it that way.

What I linked up answered that part.

3 Likes

Apeals are 4+ probabaly atm with the ammount of apeals atm. If u want to avoid suspenion at this point go with the group and go for the finish dont solo towers.

I personally feel that 30 days, along with missing the start of Wrath, is harsh for a first offense. However, I have no insight into current policies on penalties. I do know that they have been extended due to the shorter times not having the desired impact. I don’t know if this is the same case, or if they will review the penalty duration and reduce it or not.

Blizzard likely has a different opinion on that. The report options were changed (at least for retail, I don’t know about Classic). The intended goal is to keep people from hanging out away from combat to farm honor and rewards.

Gameplay Sabotage

• AFK/Non-Participation
  • Intentionally Feeding
  • Blocking Team Progress

EDIT - it is in the EULA https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/fba4d00f-c7e4-4883-b8b9-1b4500a402ea/blizzard-end-user-license-agreement

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity :point_left: or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Codes of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

3 Likes

i find this interesting, as is pushing forward into the opposite fractions territory not participation. if you are actively running in to cap, defend, and kill anything in that tower is that not the opposite of what is stated? it makes no sense at all and it’s extremely obvious. i didn’t run from fights and i fought anyone that came close enough that wouldn’t cause me to lose my objective.

blizzard created an objective based map with the need of zero pvp. what is going to happen?

2 Likes

so we should play with a hive mind even thought he map suggest something different? is it not the objective to cap towers and deplete resources ? playing the game is different for everyone at every level who is to say that play style is wrong? or is it just ok to say it now?

interesting playing with the team? what if 6-7 people are guarding the towers but the bulk has run say further south? and has asked for those players to defend?

i’ll just say the same thing as above

Thirty days is way too long. It should at least be three days to a day.

Look. I linked you with what our SFAs here have told other players who have found themselves in your shoes. I don’t give a rat’s butt either way, I’m providing you with what information has been posted here several times over.

Your fellow team mates did not appreciate how you and all of these others were playing in a team event. They reported you, which flagged your account for a GM review. Your performance was found to be lacking enough in your defending playstyle that the sanction was applied. Do I think 30 days is harsh for a first offense? Actually, I do, but what I think doesn’t matter. What does matter is that it is really sending the message of what is acceptable in playstyle and what isn’t. If all of these suspensions are found to be correct and upheld, then it will be a harsh lesson learned. Warnings and lighter sentences weren’t working. This likely will get the message across.

1 Like

This is getting off topic and i want it to get back. What is the plan to get through the thousands of appeals you are getting? this is obviously an event that reached to widely on the ban wave