Bags missing other than backpack - UPDATE w/ Fix

Hello,

When I logged in today I noticed that I was a greeted with a “Your inventory is full. make room in your bags to receive any missing items” greeting and when I looked it shows I have no additional bags equipped.

Suddenly all of my bags have disappeared as well as the items I had on my hot bar like healing potions and pots etc.

Even stranger I’m in slightly different gear from what I logged out of in last night.
Just different legendarys.

So far I’ve tried deleting my wtf, interface and cache and that did not work.

I also did a scan and repair and loaded the game with no addons.

I currently have an active ticket that has been open for 2+ weeks now and as of right now it says the average wait time is 29days 8 hours. I’m hesitant to open a new one.

My alts are all showing as having bag slots with items in them.

UPDATE****
Just checked all my max level alts when doing mission tables.
3/4 of them all have the missing bag issue as well.

Update with Fix***

The issue (at least for me) was caused by having caches in my mail. Not a UI or addon issue. No need to delete your character and restore it either.

1. Buy bags and equip them ( I recommend non boe ones if you are having the same issue on alts)
  2. Empty out your mail of any caches including the anniversary one. Open all of those caches.
  3. Empty your temporary bags as much as possible. I just mailed all the meat and fish to an alt.
  4. Relog and boom you should see your old bags in your new bags and can just re equip them.
  5. Mail the non boe bags to the next character you need to fix

Hopefully this helps some people.

6 Likes

Someone else oddly had bags go missing yesterday. It seemed to fix itself somehow, but definitely keep your ticket open. Perhaps one of our SFAs can take a peek when they get back in the office in the morning.

3 Likes

Thanks,

Yes I’ve been googling the last hour or so and I just tried the bag thing before seeing your response.

Purchased a 4 slot bag and it auto equipped and some items from my inventory appeared in it.

1 Like

I am also getting this but only on this character. My other characters seem fine so far. I replaced all my bag slots this morning with new 32 slotters, relogged and had all my items again.

Logged into the character again tonight and my bags are gone again!

2 Likes

Ya I just checked this morning before work.
I had tried the replacing bag fix as well.

The cheap 4 slot bag that auto equipped when it was added to my inventory is gone now and I’m just left with the backpack again.

Was really hoping to play during the pre patch :pensive:.

1 Like

Started a new character last night. Had four 32 slot bags. When I logged in this morning, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bags disappeared.

And oddly I always keep the hearthstone in bag number 5. But the hearthstone got moved to bag number 1. Talk about gremlins!

My other existing characters’ bags are fine.

Edit followup: sent a netherweave bag to the toon. Equipped it in 2nd bag slot. Logged out and back in. My three missing 32 slot bags reappeared. It moved the new netherweave bag into the main backpack.

4 Likes

Just logged in again.

Bags are still missing.

The alts that showed bags last night have all had theirs go missing now…

1 Like

I’m suffering the same issue with one of my alts (ironically, the farming toon who does need the bags!). It’s not an addon bug (tried it with all addons disabled). The other characters including bank alts are unaffected.

1 Like

This has been happening to me too; I’ve posted about it a few times, seen others post about it, etc.

Still seems like maybe it’s not on Blizzard’s radar though because the known issues thread hasn’t been updated to include it.

2 Likes

Just got an automated response to my ticket.
They said for me to check the forums for a fix…
Then marked the ticket as resolved and asked me to fill out a survey…

I was really hoping to try out the new talents this week.
This has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Was looking forward to dragonflight…

2 Likes

Just logged in on a friends computer I’ve never been on before.

Bags are all missing still.
His are all fine.

This is not a UI issue.

1 Like

I logged in yesterday and all of my bags are gone other than the backpack along with the items in it!!! I opened a ticket so hopefully it will get straighten out soon

1 Like

This has been occurring to my main character as well for the past several days. At least the items aren’t truly gone but it is super annoying. I had also opened a ticket which they changed to resolved without doing anything. Annoying that they seem to be just ignoring this problem.

2 Likes

Same issue, one character is missing all bags except the backpack; if I clear my backpack and relog it refills my backpack with items starting from leftmost bag.

1 Like

Just copied my character “tzunomi - sargeras” to the beta and ptr.

In both cases their bags are missing…

This is an incredibly frustrating game-breaking bug.

1 Like

Having this problem today too, all my bags are gone. Items are still there somewhere as when I make room in my pack and relog the items shift over.

1 Like

Just spent a while going through my mail so I could try the “delete character then restore” fix suggested here.

It did not work.

All my bags are still missing.

1 Like

F

Deleting worked for me, was only on one character aswell, so I guess I got lucky.

1 Like

My bags have appeared back after 5 days on my main. My alts still have missing bags.

Not sure if anything I did actually fixed or if it’s time based?

I emptied my mail on the character.
Deleted it then restored it.
With the bags still missing I equipped some 16 slot bags to the missing slots (travelers knapsack) This time when I logged out and back in the bags stayed and did not disappear. I then proceeded to clean out my bags (new expansion purge). Freed up a ton of space. Logged out of the game for a few hours

When I logged back in my bags were back.

Still no response from a GM so I’m assuming they did nothing to fix it.

1 Like

same problem here, checked my toons and so far 2 of them have missing bags, not sure when this happened on my alts hunter, but on my main (this pally) it was after Thursday 2022, Oct 27 11pm MST since i raided that night with all bags.

Edit: buy 4 bags(30 slot) from the AH, first logout and log back in - all the items in the missing bags was added to the new slot bags, 2nd logout and log back in - all those 4 bags(30slot) was replaced with my missing bags - 1 34slot, 2 32slot and 1 30slot

1 Like