Bags missing

Upon logging into my character (Dendrax) I got the message “Your inventory is full. Make room in your bags to receive any missing items.” and my 4 backpack slots are showing “Equip Container” instead of the bags they used to contain. As per advice in https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/165246 I tried making 4 new 32 slot bags and equipping them, and could see my gear after logging out and back in. However I’ve since logged out and in again, and my bags are missing once more (with all the items in them). Shouldn’t be an addon issue as I’ve disabled all my addons (and it’s not happening on any other of my characters). I don’t want to keep spending money on making new bags if they’re going to keep disappearing. Can anyone help? I submitted an ingame ticket as well in case that works better. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I don’t work for Blizz, but I can suggest not just turning off Addons, but doing a full UI reset. That is the first troubleshooting step they will ask you to do so that UI issues can be ruled out for certain, even Blizzard UI issues which share the same folders.

Go ahead and move or rename the folders so that you don’t have to redo them if it does not help. You can just put the old ones back.

4 Likes

It should also be noted, that a single character can have a corrupted file or setting that causes and issue that other characters on the same account do not experience. It happens a lot. Resetting your UI can at least confirm that the issue is not addon related.

If the issue persists with a default UI you’ll want to submit a bug report so our QA team can take a look.

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. Renamed cache/interface/wtf folders to reset interface and issue was still happening unfortunately. So I’ll submit something in bug report forum.

My bags are back now, not sure if anyone did anything or if they’ll disappear again. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing this bug since Wednesday.

First noticed it on my main this dk “Tzunomi - sargeras” but it is effecting almost all of my alts on sargeras.

If I copy my character to the beta the bags are missing.
If I copy on the ptr the bags are missing.

Logged in on a friends computer, the bags are missing.

I opened a ticked and when I got a response it was automated and had nothing to do with the issue I am having.

I wanted to try out the new talents this week in M+ and raid but I can’t because I can’t access any of my legendary or consumables. Also, can’t loot anything in game because no space.

Rolled the dice and tried the “delete character and restore”.
Bags are still missing.

Can’t play dragonflight with only a backpack…

Ugh*