Arachnophobia filter...seriously

I mean, that’s just a cat being a cat. Wouldn’t feel too bad about it. Just like when I didn’t feel too bad when my kitten decided she wanted to leave the half eviscerated corpses of cave crickets all across the basement. Limbs and bodies were just everywhere, for giggles.

1 Like

oh i dont blame them for it at all, i know its what they do. still feel bad for the little guy

though one of my cats is geriatric and the other is one of the clumsiest creatures ive ever seen, so if they manage to take one out maybe it just wasnt meant to be

1 Like

Natural Selection be a cruel and necessary mistress.

1 Like

we think the younger was raised alongside dogs so it might explain his um, “vocalizations” and the fact that he charges at toys with all power, no precision

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a good example to talk about dwarves, because they are no worse than a nerubian in the WoWlore sense.

but the problem is in the ridiculousness of the content of the expansion and that it offers people who are normal in the sense of not having these phobias and the previous Blizzard content before this new filter.

1. LOOK THAT’S this thread.

WT… WT… CRAP is this moment Blizzard? it’s cute but, just in this moment of your filter? IDK wants to be against one thing, and in favor of another, Blizzard be careful with the mixed community, as happened with BfA and Dragonflight.

1. arthropods for other arthropods, I don’t know what they are going to do, cause phobias for phobias, remember that both crabs and spiders are from the same family, and there are even crabs with poisonous defenses or something worse than being bitten by the pincers, so not only the spiders cause fear.

and worse in an expansion where we will finally see the best content in the world and site of the nerubians where Blizzard failed us in WotLK and some BfA in 8.2.

1. Blizzard, I think you forget the past, I think you forget your roots, I think you don’t remember that you always took something sensible to not take too scary since the spiders appeared in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans with Warlocks unit summon.

not even in Warcraft 3 with spiders and the appearance of the Crypt fiends that look more like human spiders, they are more ants :ant: than spiders :spider:

and only 2 times did it cause that phobia only on a raid boss in an elite quest

and the rest is nothing more than common NPCs in the WoW they didn’t even make it scary in Maldraxxus ins shadowlands.

That is why you should see what happens with this decision, I am not against it, but because of these things if it happens with this, imagine what will happen with other decisions of the company for the future of this saga and the new expansion.

Contrary to making on a expansion with 0 spiders? Yes, it makes a lot more sense to do it on one that features spiders on pretty much every sort of content.

1 Like

Evolution: “Hmmm, these spiders keep biting and killing you Humans in your caves. I am going to give traits that make you scared of them so you will know to avoid them.”

300,000 years later

Gamers: "WHAT?! How dare you…
((I’m sorry, I can’t even finish the joke, what the actual hell are you all even freaking out about? FFS can a single person tell me how this filter is a bad thing? Why is this community so bothered by other people being comfortable that in no way affects them? What does this take away from you? I swear its always ALWAYS the ones claiming others have “thin skin” that just whine the loudest about absolutely nothing. This is the most first-world of all first-world problems. Every got damn THING we get is just a mountain of backlash with some of the most stupid reasoning ever.))

6 Likes

Not without sounding…unintelligent to put it mildly.

7 Likes

Well, I guess that’s thoughtful. But what about the players are terrified of crabs and spiders? Or anything with more than two legs?

1 Like

Wouldn’t have taken very long to implement. It’s just a simple toggle that turns spiders into crabs on your screen. It’s not like they had to dedicate a whole arachnophobia team for months working on this specific thing.

1 Like

Arachnophobia affects something around 3 to 6% of the population. That’s not insignificant. I don’t think this pulled from other things as Blizzard is a business. If they didn’t spend on this, it wouldn’t have gone towards making the game better or more content…it would have gone into the shareholders pockets.

1 Like

I thought it was extremely stupid when I heard about it, but ultimately idc. This opens up a lot though. Can we start having filters for other phobias? Pyrophobia? Acrophobia?

6% of 8.1 Billion (the current population) is 486 Million people.
Thats more then the population of people living in the USA

2 Likes

I haven’t found the poo quest in Dragonflight.

I quite in fact enjoy the idea that there’s a running gag quest in every expansion

1 Like

I may turn on the filter simply to experience crab-topia.

2 Likes

I once worked for a bank and when they learned of my arachnophobia they would send me MS Teams messages of spiders gifs randomly throughout the day and it just goes to show you that terrible people will do anything for “fun”.

3 Likes

Something I never understood about arachnophobia in specific is that people seem to fear even imagery. That’s weird to me. I have fear of dogs from trauma but I don’t get scared by images/videos/depictions of dogs.

I guess phobias can be different (sort of like how past events can be relived for people with ptsd, but within images) but its crazy seeing that for spiders when most people dont have bad experiences with spiders.

It’s 2024 and it’s Blizzard, based in California… wasting time and resources on nonsense and providing useless garbage is the current meta.

5 Likes

This information only really becomes useful if we have an idea of how they are represented in WoW, which we don’t. To be fair it could be 10% of WoW players. It could also be 1% or less.

There is no doubt in my mind you will be in the majority as far as motivation for using it goes.

1 Like

Did you say this response to the people bringing it up?
No.

2 Likes