Itsy Bitsy Spider

This is so unbelievably precious.

I love jumping spiders so much. They are so cute and full of personality. A jumping spider pet is the best news from TWW yet!

Here’s a cute spider video to commemorate and also to convert people into the jumping spider fan club:

34 Likes

29 Likes

I usually hate spiders but that pet is adorable.

3 Likes

Squeeeeee! Lucas!

:heart:

12 Likes

Let us now perform The Dance of Joy

12 Likes

I will name mine Lucas.

7 Likes

I love the peacock spiders. They are so pretty and adorably cute. And so very very very tiny…

6 Likes

I’m not a spider person, but I can pretty much sit chillin’ watching a jumping spider all day. That is of course, until it jumps on me, then I have to contain my desire to do wild flail break dancing - even though I know they’re harmless.

9 Likes

Even Angel Dust from Hazbin Hotel is a Jumping Spider.

Cute lil floofs

5 Likes

And they want hugs, all of the hugs.

11 Likes

I like spiders.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Adorable!

Jumping Spiders are what helped me overcome my fear of most spiders.

This little guy in my kitchen last year, I let it stay as long as it wanted. Got right in there with macro setting on my phone, I try to photograph most I see now, after I have determined it isn’t going to eat me :sweat_smile:

Imgur

4 Likes

I hold the argument that any crab is less cute than a jumping spider.

Come at me.

2 Likes

Only if it boops every dog pet it comes across.

Spider eyes creeps me out for some reason, but other than that it’s cute.

:cat: :cat2: :cat:

for kids who prefer crabs because of their arachnophobia problem, they don’t know about the cute ones what they are missing

Over my 1st year in the Arkansas mountains I’ve seen 2 of those, that were nearly as big, in my sunroom. I’m not usually afraid of spiders, but tarantulas bring the ick factor.

4 Likes

The interesting thing about arachnaphobia is most of it is actually a response to how the spiders move, moreso than their appearance. If crabs had the capability to move the same way spiders do and not look all clumsy and out of place, we’d likely have a bigger fear response. Here’s one of the articles I still have on hand about how we track movements of potential threats with our eyes. I’m trying to figure out where the other one that’s relevant happens to be.

In this study, you’ll notice that people were apt to mistake crabs for spiders - which is hilarious because Blizz used crabs as a visual redirect (which seems it could be just plain ineffective when we’re blasting past stuff quickly in the content). :laughing:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-48229-8

Found it

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/20438087231151502

1 Like

they really are adorable little things, both irl and the model here. big blizz W