Arachnophobia filter...seriously

So in an expansion where the initial antagonists are spider people, there’s a toggle that turns them into…crabs? You guys actually spent time on this? Can we extend this to exclude skin-tag dwarves please? That’s way more horrifying and repulsive.

83 Likes
42 Likes

What about my dendrophobia, a fear of trees? Can I get a mode to turn them all into say, candycanes?

66 Likes

I’d loved to have listened to their morning scrum.
“So what did you do last week Steve?”
“I turned Spiders into Crabs”

28 Likes

God forbid we try to make the game more comfortable for people with more common phobias.

98 Likes

Let people turn on crab mode if they want it. Not like it effects you. Why get all whiny about it?

74 Likes

Oh grow up. Why are you complaining about something that has no effect on you, and was probably done by an unpaid intern?

30 Likes

Where’s my emetophobia filter? Emetophobia has ruined my life, where’s my in-game filter, Blizz?

4 Likes

This is weird to me. I have thalassophobia (not thanatophobia, autocorrect crap), proven, figured it out when I went diving. But in games where I know I’m good and safe behind the screen I go nuts for this underwater stuff. I have so many games that include diving into seemingly bottomless bodies of water. Hell, I think I’m the only guy in WoW who actually enjoyed Vasj’ir. That being said, wouldn’t people who are afraid of spiders get more satisfaction out of blasting them while behind a screen?

23 Likes

I am deathly afraid of dying. Please allow me to enable god-mode <3

44 Likes

Everyone is different.

Also, if you want a taste of arachnophobia play grounded. The spiders in the game, despite bring cartoon sound and act real enough. I swear my friend and I jumped out of our skin when a spider ambushed is under a log. I still haven’t recovered.

5 Likes

Seriously underrated zone, also one of my favorites.

7 Likes

What I don’t get is, a giant spider is terrifying but a giant crab with the same body shape, the same animations, and basically the same texture isn’t? They’re all arthropoda in the end. (Side note: I looked up arthropods to make sure this was correct and I deeply regret it.)

Wait until they hear about spider crabs…

20 Likes

awesome I will use the crab option

3 Likes

Horseshoe crabs :heart:

4 Likes

Nah, bugs don’t scare me. They can’t inflict enough damage. Now snakes and rats, those can do some damage for their size.

3 Likes

Why so crabby?

7 Likes

Bro I thought the same.

1 Like

Horseshoe crabs aren’t even crabs! They’re even more like spiders! :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

6 Likes

Yeah, tell that to a brown recluse.

12 Likes