Anyone else think the new "character selection" screen is disorganized/ugly?

I don’t see it as being ugly, disorganized absolutely. It would be nice if we could atleast sort the characters in some way (being able to sort them by realm would be a good start if nothing else). Moving the addon button was a weird change.

Additionally we still need to change realms to use any of the account services (Server transfer, ect) which is annoying.

1 Like

Here I thought you were talking about whats inside the tent and the mess on the table or the pan on the campfire.

I just want to be able to straighten things up.

I could do without the orange logo that doesn’t fit the setting and I’ve never been a fan of the yellow menu color which again doesn’t fit the setting. I wish I could change that. Otherwise it looks ok to me.

its a mess, ive deleted mutiple low lvl toons from other realms as i dont play/need them on the list, my favourite bars are just an empty block taking up space for no reason and i have no idea what the search is for (if its for toons its pointless , when a game running this long the only names available are like ‘ksdjhgfli hgajtha’ - am i supposed to remember the name to search?

3 Likes

When you click on “Realms” at the top, it shows you your realms and how many characters, but when you click on one, it just brings you right back to the new character screen, so it’s useless.

5 Likes

I can absolutely confirm it triggered my OCD to the point where I do not log on anymore. Right after the update, I had tried to go online and deleted some toons I thought were abandoned but they were on my other servers. Everything is mixed up.

3 Likes

If so, please enlighten us.

1 Like

Nope, not at all. I like it personally.

What’s worse is even after you organize it to the way you like, the system can mess up and random shuffle your characters again the next time you log in.

3 Likes

So…why don’t you share it with the rest of us?

I love how they tell you that you can search for your character. Except…the biggest thing I needed was to search by realm, and you can’t do that.

Yet again, I’m left with the extremely distinct feeling that no one at Blizzard bothers to actually PLAY their own game.

2 Likes

I hate it - the mess is not helped by the fact that all the information is hidden unless you mouse over a specific character. Gee, how unhelpful for those of us that have literally been playing and creating alts for nearly 20 years at this point.

2 Likes

I just want an outhouse in the campfire scene at login…

For me it’s just waaaay too huge. I don’t have a ton of toons so it could be worse.

I have a post about this and would love some support for the idea, as well as any others you find interesting. XD

Ideas for Future Fun and Class Flavor in World of Warcraft

Looks fine to me. Easy to use. Got my four most played toons on the screen. Happy with the changes.

Biggest problem I have with the four fav characters are that on several of them I use the 2H staff transmog from Legion, even though they’re using 1h and off hand.

Before on the character select screen it would minor bug out and still show the off hand even though it would still show the Legion staff.

Now on the 4 favs screen it uses animations half the time as if I’m using a 1h and off hand, showing the staff in awkward animations or sheathed at the hip instead of the back.

Then, when I log in I have the Legion staff on my back, but also a second one on my hip.

I have to change spec/transmog to a 1h and off hand, then back again to fix the problem. It’s annoying, and while minor, I really hope they fix it.

I’d rather the “Search Bar” search by realm rather than sifting through the characters.

Or, those characters automatically filter to the top, when you select a realm.

you can disable the campfire screen

I did, doesn’t change the clutter of sifting through 50 different characters.

Hopefully, they’ll insert “realm” as a filter option, for their search bar, one of these days.

2 Likes

100%

I was very excited to have the new favorites section because it offered a way for me to organize my characters a little more.

However, with all my characters now showing on one character select screen it now feels more overwhelming and less organized before.

What we need are dividers. Horizontal lines that you can move up/down just like characters that will divide them for you. I got my tanks in this section. I got my healers in this section. I got my priests here. I got my Goblins here. Etc. Whatever it is.

2 Likes