Ideas for Future Fun and Class Flavor in World of Warcraft

Hello, fellow adventurers,

I have a few ideas that could enhance the game and bring some exciting class flavor and general improvements. I would love to hear your thoughts and encourage you to leave your own suggestions or comments if you like the ideas listed here.

1. Bringing Back Thal’kiel for Demonology Warlocks
    As a Demonology Warlock, I would love a quest to bring back Thal’kiel as a permanent demon, perhaps as a talent option. Having him around with his random dialogue and story was really cool. Blizzard could create a quest where we gather the last of his remains and maybe venture into the Twisting Nether or the Shadowlands to piece together his soul fragments. We could use another skull, maybe the skull of a family member or someone related to Thal’kiel, as a medium or conduit to bring him back. This could return him as a demon and not as a weapon, such as the Skull of the Man’ari.

2. Option to Toggle Mounting Animation
    Some players prefer not to have the delay that dynamic flying adds to mounting. While I personally don’t mind it, offering an option to turn the mounting animation on or off would be a great way to cater to different player preferences. Here’s a discussion on this topic: Sky Riding Feedback.

3. Dynamic Ground Riding
    I would ride my ground mount more if it had a system like dynamic flying, with mounts having more weight and realistic movement. It would make ground travel more enjoyable and engaging.

4. Customizable Eye Color for Death Knights
    It would be great to have the option to change the eye color of Death Knights to match their spec. This could be a class hall quest that players can undertake. I’ve always wanted red eyes for Blood Death Knights, and it would be nice to finally have that option.

5. Warband System Enhancements
    With the new Warband system, I would like a mode similar to scenarios from Mists of Pandaria, where we can take our alts/warbands into small-scale content. This could gear up to the max normal dungeon level, allowing us to start doing heroics with other players or LFR.

6. Improved Character Organization on the Character Screen
    It would be fantastic to have more customization options for organizing characters. For example, we could have subcategories by realm, top favorites (with the ability to add more than four), a category for bank alts/sellers, and another for farming characters. Additionally, I would love an option for up to 50 characters on one large animated background screen. Currently, we have four that sit around a campfire, but imagine a screen where characters walk around in the background—some coming and sitting by the campfire, a couple leaning on a tree, a few sneaking around, maybe some going into a tent or house. Characters could randomly shift between up to 50 favorites or maybe 30. Some could walk off-screen in one direction while new ones come in from another area. Something like this would be epic. Here’s a discussion on this topic: Character Selection Screen Feedback.

These are my ideas, and I hope you find them interesting. Please share your thoughts and comments below, and don’t forget to leave a like if these are changes you would like to see added to the game!

Thank you for reading!

1 Like

100% support this. Especially since ground mounts will continue to be a staple in instances.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your support, Fairlight! I really appreciate it. I’m glad you liked the dynamic ground-riding idea. If we get enough likes and views, maybe a dev or team member will see or reply to the post. Fingers crossed!