Anyone else think its inappropriate?

Doing something just so you can be validated by strangers on the Internet sounds like a very bad idea.

Or the basis for a Tik Tok challenge.

1 Like

A pet that literally everyone gets, regardless of whether or not they donated. lol

I wouldn’t let the compensation of Blizzard’s CEO keep me from donating to a worthwhile organization. If anything, I would just donate directly to DWB and bypass the pet. “Give expecting nothing in return.”

Well you can say that all you want, but i can look back on that thread and see exactly that when somebody disagrees or say a neutral opinion. And i also see some of those same people socially pressuring them, double down by saying “this isn’t neutral, it’s harmful opinion!” or something like that.

Maybe you don’t understand subtlety, so i refer to you to my second part of the response to lightray below.

I just dropped two links explaining that in the previous comments.

You’re thinking that it’s just a small group of people when it’s really not. Not on the internet, no. And again, this isn’t just applied to the actual harmful comments i’ve noticed in that thread, but the comments that isn’t even considered harmful or just neutral, or even questioning where the money goes is categorized as harmful just to say that person is being harmful to the charity.

So you agree that being socially pressured in a charity is a bad thing then?

You are wrong. But Ok, have fun I said all I had to say.

1 Like

How am i wrong? You can take a look at that thread and see what i’m talking about, i even talked about it in there.

1 Like

Yes. We know. It’s a crusade for you. :roll_eyes:

All that thread shows is people disagreeing and giving blatant facts, while others cheer on encouragement for the cause. Nothing about that was harmful to anyone. Which has been pointed out time and time again. I don’t even know how you managed to twist things like that.

Let’s move on from this now.

I just love how angry a charity drive is making people on the forums.

Yes Blizzard can donate to DWB on their own. And who knows, maybe they did, maybe they didn’t. But an event like this, asking us to donate is also a marketing strategy for both Blizzard (PR) and for DWB (public awareness.) It’s a way to get more people involved, and more people aware of what DWB does.

But man, GD gets salty over literally everything does. Blizzard could rescue a cat from a burning house and GD would find a way to complain.

2 Likes

Take a break an look at the southpark video I suggested. It’s very funny. Look up " South Park Randy dosen’t donate to charity"

Now, that is pressure.

And some people would faceplant into the ground hating on this company.

This is just business.

In the United States, donating to charitable organizations by a business is a legal tax deduction of up to 10% of taxable income. We’re giving money to them, so they can turn around give it to someone else and claim the tax break. GG taxes.

2 Likes

You keep calling it a crusade for no real justifiable reason because you dislike the things they said on there.

I dislike some of the opinions on there, but you don’t see me calling it a crusade to make the person look bad. And don’t tell me that’s not what you’re implying here. If not, then why say it? You clearly have a problem with what i’ve said here and you’re just labeling as that. I’ve explained and cleared up my position and even apologized for some of the mistakes i’ve done.

On top of socially pressuring them because of the opinions and questions they have. You even claimed one of the people are upset.

You say i’m twisting things and yet you say i’m onto a crusade. There’s a reason why i point out the double standard being employed against people you disagree with.

Okay let me tell you this, like i had to tell Preheat, Tupic and others… If you want to be done with it, don’t announce it to the world, just be done with it.

Or if you are going to announce it to the world, keep that promise. Just pointing that out.

You’re using a comedy show as an example of pressure when we know it’s much more then that.

2 Likes

Blizz ran the charity on its site? Did you not pick up your free Bananas yet?

:man_facepalming: did you even read the announcement ? Do you understand that $0 is being given to Blizzard for tax breaks and you are donating straight to the charity, do you know why they opened up the pet to everyone even if they did not donate ? because they have no way to track who did and did not donate as it never went through their systems, the tax receipt came right to me and not to Blizzard.

2 Likes

I was going to mention altruism, but I see you posted about it!
But yes, this has always been an ethical debate, since most that volunteer or donate, do it for the satisfaction of themselves.
Although, if Blizz didn’t personally donate to these charities, write offs are off the table, maybe they truly are altruistic.

1 Like

Billionaires are world problems.

2 Likes

humans are in general

I haven’t forget that people also donated because of altruism. :slight_smile:

I’ve donated because i really really really want that virus to go away. :grimacing:

You’re the one who keeps bringing it up, not me. And thanks for categorizing me with Tupak and Preheat. :expressionless:

You have a point. :wink:

yeah, I wouldn’t mind giving my money but big old “Blobby” is still dipping his greasy fingers into other’s lives and taking their money essentially. More reason why I ain’t contributing if he hasn’t. Plus, this includes him tax evasions too. So I’m less inclined to donate.