Anyone else think its inappropriate?

We’re being led by carrot and stick to donate to Doctors without borders, which don’t get me wrong, they are a good organization that does good in the world. But us commoners are being asked to collectively scrape together $500,000-$1,000,000 or what ever the goal is, meanwhile this company shoves $200,000,000 to Bobby because of a contract loophole?

Tell you what, you can cover 100 years worth of these yearly donation drives if you insist that Bobby lead the way and give half of his absurd windfall to the charity. Perhaps it would inspire us commoners to donate as well.

145 Likes

I had a really funny feeling about this.

1 Like

How so. If you want to donate, by all means, don’t let me stop you. I was just observing that you need your dollars more than Bobby does, seeing as he probably has 100,000-1,000,000 times as much as you do.

Reminds me of how one of the kardashians asked fans to go to a gofundme for a friend. Medical procedure or bills I think. When she could sneeze and make the amount of money needed herself.

57 Likes

thats how it works, billionaires are not obliged to solve world problems, even though the can do some

8 Likes

The “carrot” is cute but there have already been other colours of it leaked so I wouldn’t feel pressured.

We may not get that particular Daisy but it’s not like we won’t be able to snatch up recolours judging by datamining.

EDIT x2: Nah, I won’t stir anything afterall~

How does this relate to World of Warcraft or Blizzard?

I just had a funny feeling, because Blizzard doesn’t have the overall reputation of doing the socially responsible thing.

6 Likes

Well considering this charity/sale involving world of warcraft products in the form of pets, I say its highly relevant.

14 Likes

some people faceplant into the ground trying to defend this company I swear.

26 Likes

If you don’t like it don’t support the company.

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining, I didn’t know that. I haven’t used the WoW shop in ages.

Ah yes, the old capitalist quote of “if you don’t like it, go elsewhere” And what happens when elsewhere is the same morbid situation.

The choices the free market gives you are all illusions, behind those illusions there is nothing but a machine design to extract your money/labor hours, to hand it to those who already have too much on a golden platter, in a most unequal exchange.

I prefer we make changes, as compared to “go elsewhere” when all the other choices are illusions, with the same stuff behind them.

14 Likes

I was trying to find this the other day, but failed miserably.

It’s 100% about marketing there’s nothing they want less then helping people in need.

13 Likes

Blizz don’t actually care they just want to say they do charity (even with someone else’s money).

5 Likes

No worries, I just looked it up myself before I replied to make sure It wasn’t some sort of false memory~

There’s a few, more are here; https://www.wowhead.com/news/wandering-ancient-mount-and-daisy-the-sloth-battle-pet-models-321318

1 Like

Thanks. Didn’t think to look inside the Daisy article. I thought it would be separate.

1 Like

Then keep supporting it! It is your only choice…

“We” can’t make changes here.

2 Likes

Nothing is impossible.

1 Like