Anyone @ Blizz can give this terminally ill player [not me but someone else here] a beta key? [Read Descipt]

All I could do is play beta and stream it to them as they direct where to go. If I had a key to give I’d def let him have one.

That he needs a heart and kidneys it’s rough there…gotta find a suitable donor and they need to move fast after death to get the organ heart especially into a new body otherwise rush tissue death. If it were just kidneys one could work fine.

I’m hoping for them. I think it would also need to be a universal donor to get from since it’s easier to not have rejection?

I’m O- and thus a universal donor of blood but idk if the same applies to organs. I do need to donate blood more often though…only done it once I’m kinda squeamish about needles in the arm xP

2 Likes

Awwww, just now learning about that thread (previously assumed it was just another generic “i’m quitting” post and scrolled past it)

Too bad we can’t “donate” our beta access, I would donate mine to that guy in a heartbeat :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s not like I’ve been doing much with it anyways, this is me the past 2 weeks or so:

1. login to retail to collect mission table gold/goodies/send followers on missions
  2. logout
  3. log over to Wrath classic for some casual leveling for a few hours
  4. just before bed, log back into retail to collect mission table gold/goodies/send followers on missions
  5. rinse/repeat from #1 the next day
5 Likes

the person OP made the thread for never

Out of the 50/50 chance that this was a ruse to get a beta key, who cares? It’s a BETA, a unsignificant amount of time to test an upcoming expansion in a VIDEO GAME.

If I had the power, I would take my chances in this case to maybe give someone that little bit of strength that might change their path. I would jest the risk is worth it for 9 out of 10 people, you lose nothing, you gain a potential life spending the little time they have left doing something they love.

2 Likes

You cannot. The portal is there. You can’t enter it. That stuff will not be added to the PTR until launch.

I know you want to be nice, but this guy has 3 threads now asking for a key.

Blizzard also does not take individual requests for access. They have, in the past, partnered with Make A Wish to allow a player some special access, a quest, etc. I don’t think they have any current partnerships with hospice programs/hospitals/charities that would gain patients access to Betas. It is not a bad idea actually. Game companies could certainly get some positive PR by partnering with hospitals and the patients would have something engaging to focus on instead of hospice care. Win for everyone I would think.

Customer Support thread

Was told how to get the keys from streamers and such. Said it was too much work.

And another thread.

Really, Blizz does not give out keys like this. It would be part of a program.

4 Likes

I’d give them my beta invite if I could. It was nice to get in but I just haven’t done much with it.

2 Likes

So what if he asked… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Aww, aren’t you a sweet mint! Change your char name to Sweetmint. lol

2 Likes

Until people figure out that terminally ill players get beta keys, then suddenly everybody comes down with a bad case of chemo sickness.

2 Likes

A. Undergoing chemo isn’t a death sentence. Terminal infers the person has basically zero chance of survival.

B. It’s pretty easy to present proof.

Someone above suggested suggested people would intentionally contract a terminal illness for a beta key. Lol

1 Like

Mad respect for what you’re trying to do. Unfortunately i doubt this will happen. I’d be willing to bet they’d look at it and say they’d really love to help and all but that’d definitely open a door they’d rather weren’t open. If word gets out they did that, all of a sudden they’d be bombarded with appeals of why the next person should get something like that, and the next one. And you know other callous people would just scream not fair… this is why we can’t have nice things

2 Likes

cant believe u posted that

never thought id see a dying person called out by cc for asking to play a video game

5 Likes

He got his key. All good :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

While this is true, this doesn’t always mean it IS 100% always lethal. There are some cases where a person goes on to live close to what might have been their maximum life span with good enough treatment and periodic care.

1 Like

no because then every terminally ill player will wont keys and special treatment, and then where do we draw the line?

1 Like

Correct, but the person above was stating that everyone on chemo would be given beta access, and I was explaining that when people are terminal it generally infers there’s an expectancy for them to not survive. Millions of people a year are put on chemo and go into remission.

2 Likes

That’s pretty rare though.

1 Like

Blows my mind that there’s still people out there that believe everything they read on the internet.

Seems he got his key, either way I appreciate your post. I do agree with what you were saying and that ‘‘could’’ always be done in secret through private messaging said person but either way it never hurt on my end to try and reach out in other ways…

Yup thanks, I just checked on the persons post and they got it.
Cool beans :smiley:
I’m glad

If it was referring to me, I take everything with a grain of salt.
They aren’t getting millions of dollars or special treatment that really matters.
It’s a friggin beta key. If they are sick as they say; they’ll enjoy something they wanted to for whatever time they have left. If they aren’t sick; they’ll enjoy something they wanted to for whatever time beta runs.

Nothing lost on my end :person_shrugging:

1 Like