Emails from Blizzard

Better luck next time!

I got an email just a couple days ago with blurbs advertising all 3 classic WoWs. There’s only 2 of those now!
So uh… lack of communication to the marketing team, leak of a perpetual BC classic server, well-disguised fraudulent email…?

1 Like

Yeah you’re definitely getting your hopes up if you think anybody is at Blizz working on sending out Beta invites:

1. On a holiday weekend
  2. Less than a week after the first wave

Well

1. Didn’t realize it was a weekend let alone a holiday, you kind of lose track of days when your terminal and stuck at home and don’t get to go out.

2. Refer to point number one and repeate it, the concept of days and time sort of become ambiguous and a day can seem like an eternity when you have nothing really to do.

But big of you to be so understanding.

But that all being said I doubt I’ll get an invite my luck isn’t that good (short of someone who can do something sees this before my health declines too much to be able to even be able to play due to loss of cognitive and physical ability.)

2 Likes

I think they should just open it up for a mass beta. The feedback they get will be much better as well as the data compared to a tiny group of people.

Would you rather have 10,000 hours of play testing or 1,000,000 hours of play testing and people breaking much more? Expecially when you could change certain things earlier before official release if they are an issue.

1 Like

The test servers don’t have that kind of capacity. They handle all Beta participants across the world, not just a normal server size like we have. Further, they have a lot of data collection software running in real time. The number of participants is limited to what QA and the Devs need for testing.

They do invite streamers, guide writers, websites though so others can see some of what is going on - and of course for promotional purposes. If people don’t get lucky to get in, at least they can read about or watch some of it.

Open Beta is where they let in everyone but that is not for finding bugs. That is to stress test the servers and such so hopefully it does not go belly up on launch.

I don’t know if Blizzard will do an Open Beta or not.

Blizzard also does not take individual requests for access. They have, in the past, partnered with Make A Wish to allow a player some special access, a quest, etc. I don’t think they have any current partnerships with hospice programs/hospitals/charities that would gain patients access to Betas. It is not a bad idea actually. Game companies could certainly get some positive PR by partnering with hospitals and the patients would have something engaging to focus on instead of hospice care. Win for everyone I would think.

1 Like

They had that kind of capacity for Mists of Pandaria don’t give me that excuse. And they had way more people playing back then as well!

MoP they let in 1.2 million who did the Annual Pass and they said NEVER again. It was unplayable due to the severe overcrowding. That was not even OPEN beta, it was invites still. Hence people complaining they did not get in on the first wave even though they had the AP.

Did you try playing it then?

There is a good reason they don’t let the entire player base, or even a big chunk of it, into Beta. They meant, it. Never again. Open Beta server stress test is the only time everyone is going to get access.

“Everyone playing” is called Game Release.

They have better tech now as well to handle overcrowding. They learned a lot from WoD onwards up to Classics popular launch.

I think they could invite people that peordered in as well as keep random invites available.

Make a wish is great, if your a kid… not so much for an adult though…

1 Like

Oh I know the feeling all to well.

Here are some tidbits though:

• Sometimes the emails are late - I got my SL Beta email MONTHS after launch. While not typical it does happen. Usually a day or two later.
  • Checking the launcher is the best way to see if you have access.
  • Invites go out in “waves” - Typically these happen on a Tues / Wed this time around and coincide with builds. You can usually tell when a wave hits by the forums or fan sites.

As for the marketing emails… ugh. Yes, it is nice to know about a sale or something interesting coming up. I don’t want to be spammed about esports or streamers that I don’t watch or care about. I wish I could set my preferences to remove those, but that’s not an option. It is the one thing that I hope Microsoft guts.

1 Like

I understand that. I was saying that it would be nice if there was a similar program that worked with hospitals and hospice programs for adults.

If such a program existed, they would ideally work with the Community outreach (CMs) at various gaming companies to get access to Betas, copies of games that are out a player might want to play, access to equipment to help them play - especially accessibility equipment someone might need.

I just don’t know that a group like that exists for adults. It would be cool if it did though, and I would hope game companies would be receptive to it. It would be win win for everyone.

I give up… sorry huge depression wave has hit do t know why I even came to the forums it’s not going to help me any… it’s not like Blizzard is going to care about one cog in the wheel and why should anyone care about some random online getting to do something he might enjoy before he passes…

2 Likes

You can set your account preferences to opt out of marketing emails. Go to:

Account Settings > Privacy and Communication > scroll down to the bottom > Uncheck the last two about promotions an special offers as well as recommendations based on games you own.

The Account settings are at the top of the website under your battletag name in the drop down menu.

1 Like

Hope you feel better Lucefeous I hate depression. Take care of yourself!

1 Like

They only active account for waves to beta once per week, every week or two. No need to sit there and check every day.

Yeah just as I though plea fell on to deaf ears (No invite, and likely never get one.) , I give up I’m not going to get to see the Expansion and if I do I won’t probably be in a physical capability to play it… Ciao everyone and thank you for the fish as they say.

2 Likes

I have played off and on since vanilla. I dont think i have ever gotten a beta invite for any expansion, and i do make sure to opt in. Thems the breaks!

I hope I never get Beta. Tired of Quality checking a game that the developers should pay people to do.

1000 page thread of Guardian Druid feedback during BFA Alpha and it took til the end of the expansion and next expansion to work on the class.

:screwdriver: beta testing and Blizxard for using free labor to cut corners.

Well that’s great for you, you go Spartacus. Beta may be my only chance to experience the game. I’ve been in home hospice care now for a few weeks could be a month I’ve lost track of time, and I’ve already lost some motor and cognitive function and it gets worse as the days go on the likelihood of me being coherent enough or physically capable to play or even be alive when release hits are very low. So you may look at it as exploitative I look at it as something completely different.

1 Like