Any possibility for cross region transfers?

Blizzard, can you please tell me if there has ever been any consideration for cross region faction transfers or merging a wow account from NA region to EU region? I am asking about transferring from an NA server to a EU region server.

Its not possible they would love to but its more of a legal technical thing.

1 Like

To be honest, most likely no. There are several regulations to consider that may not be apparent to us in the customer base. I can’t say as a fellow player that the answer if definitely no. Suffice it to say if this changes it most likely will be posted about on the blog.

5 Likes

Plus the game may seem the same but some countries have different censorship laws and certain game aspects have to be changed as i recall china has some magor changes for the npc so mite be more difficult then just copying and pasting a NA accounto onto a EU account.

Thanks i’ll just keep checking the blogs, but realize it will probably never change. :frowning: I just want to play with my old friends.

You can purchase an EU license and game time to accomplish that. That’s really the only way at current.

Right I should have clarified I meant with my current chars.

I figured that from your OP to transfer and all of that. Was just saying that you’re not completely without recourse if you truly want to play with your friends. It just requires the second license and leveling up some characters fresh there.

2 Likes

The different Licenses were not built to allow this originally. That was before Battlenet. The NA and EU Licenses share realm names. I have Rufflebottom-Bloodhoof on both. It might make transfers complicated having the same realm names.

Someone asked about it a couple years ago at Blizzcon. Ion Hazzikostas said it isn’t as easy a thing as players think it is. He never actually said they weren’t trying to do it.

4 Likes

Consideration? Almost certainly, Minguas. However, based on how the game was set up the two regions are separate and it isn’t technically possible at this time.

4 Likes

That makes me sad to see. :frowning: Thank you for the response hopefully one day a solution can be found to the technical barriers.

2 Likes

I have a question, Is this still valid in 2022 entering into 2023. I’ve noted that it’s possible to have World of warcraft EU/Asia/US Accounts on the same battle tag.

Noted this was 2 summers ago.

It would be best to make your own thread, not necro an unrelated one from July 2021.

3 Likes

There has been no change to this restriction. WoW accounts are still bound to the region that they were originally setup for. As for having different WoW regional accounts (EU and NA) on the same battle.net, that’s always been possible to do.

4 Likes

While you can have WoW licenses for different regions on the same battle.net account, account bound items such as mounts, heirlooms, etc. are not available cross-region.

3 Likes

Neat to note! :slight_smile:

Curious to see if I can Transfer one of my US Warlocks to my EU/Asia so I might have the ability to play with other individuals that play on those! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you cannot xfer toons from one region to another. Once an NA toon always an NA toon for example.

4 Likes

Darn >.< I was hoping it would work Hopefully a Blizzard employee adds it as a suggestion to the board for the future.

It is determined by the legal agreements Blizzard made with the different locations around the world when setting up their contracts to be able to run in the different regions. If you would like to see it change, then contact the proper government entities in the different regions to see if they are amenable to the change as well as submitting your suggestion either in the General Discussion Forum, or in-game using the suggestion/feedback option of the help menu. The Support Forum Agents are not liaison to anyone who could make such changes.

1 Like

This has been asked for years and the answer has always been a strong possiblity it wont happen could things change like classic servers its unlikely it will change but one never knows.

1 Like