Any blood elf's here that don't like how evil the horde became

I think a lot of people are lazy and think this. I roleplay Orc and am aware that she has done things in the past that are bad and that she subscribes to the horde evil machine, but that’s part of her character. She knows she’s not exempt from the bad things her people have done, but she’s also not better than me. She’s an orc in the world of Warcraft. She’s supposed to be … incorrect and wrong and full of good and bad and a rainbow of other things. She’s not me and my beliefs. She’s a fictional character that I write. Full of nuance and internal debates and writhing anger and sadness and joy and hope. She isn’t me.

7 Likes

you heard it here first folks greyah burned down Teldrassil just to win a ticket to Lion King

3 Likes

still didnt see lion king. just to have it.

1 Like

i played horde once in 2011 for about five minutes

i still flagellate myself daily in penance

hey so anyway when does this thread get a big ole deletey

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly. Sarestha’s a former Scarlet Crusader whose sole goal in life was the restoration of her Kingdom. When she died, she simply switched her devotion to Sylvanas, the “defender of the free-willed undead, the true victims of Lordaeron.”

Like, IRL I’m a pacifist historian dude who quite dislikes extremism. My character is a well-intentioned but ultimately misguided extremist, who’s done terrible things. We’re not similar. It’s just a fun character, and story, to write.

Characters are boring without internal conflict. And personally, I don’t find it fun to RP “me but an undead”. I wanna do something different, with different morals and values, and see where it goes. That’s always been my way. Flawed, but somewhat relatable, characters.

4 Likes

I won a tshirt too

Will neither confirm nor deny

I only post in threads that get deleted.

I disagree with this point of not being exempt for what other orcs have done. We can’t throw the shade over everyone for a few bad apples.

Using Myst as an example, Myst is not a good person, she’s got about 6000 years of criminal history (that she still technically got away with cause she’s a sneaky one heh). One half of a Bonnie and Clyde like duo that terrorized Silvermoon and Eversong (“Wanted by the law and the fans even more, cause we the kinda villains e’er one roots for” etc etc).

She manipulated a noble to fall in love with her and almost married him, only to slit his throat and have his entire fortune moved to her own private island, she killed the preistess Aelsa’Mori Mystfire IN COLD BLOOD not even a grey area, she broke into her home and killed her, and stole her identity to escape the authorities and fled Silvermoon.

For THAT? For the murder of Aelsa’Mori Mystfire and the noble she manipulated, she is 1000000000% guilty and not a nice person. But, she isn’t responsible for what Kael’thas did, what the Sunfury did. She is not responsible for what the Blood Knights did, she had no hand in it, and as she was mostly living on the street, the Blood Knights were none too fond of her anyway.

What I am trying to get at: You can’t be guilty for something you had no hand in, or even knowledge of it going on. Only the direct actions you knowingly take, the crimes you knowingly commit are the ones you are guilty for.

I mean Greyah knows the horde burned that tree. She has to be somewhat complicit. She didn’t actively denounce the act or anything. I agree with you at large though.

2 Likes

why do people always foist blame on “a few bad apples” when the phrase comes from “one bad apple spoils the bunch”?

I never understood that, the reference argues exactly the opposite of their point

“This thread will be your prison.”

“This forum… is a prison.”

2 Likes

oh man that’s my favourite System of a Down song

You can say one without agreeing with the other.

You can say anything.

The question was, why say that?

So…did we answer ops question?
Is op even here?

No it was probably a false flag or some crap as usual.

ACtually considering the other thread he started… rofl.

1 Like

Yeah – sorry all but I can’t believe anyone took the OP seriously in the first place.

1 Like

Especially because Blood Elves are absolutely the ones who would create arcane Instagram, which means we’re automatically evil.

3 Likes

This will be post 442 and it’s worth reflecting on a few things.

We are now currently witnessing someone a Horde fan insisting that evidence being presented is not valid, despite numerous points.

We are now embroiled in Horde players telling us why pointing out things that happened in a video game are harmful to Horde players, again.

We are still having a discussion about why some Horde players believe their feelings are more valid than other players’.

Numerous abuse victim testimonies have been disregarded because they went against this.

It has been a few hundred posts and no one has pushed back on the behavior of mocking victims, something we would have pushed back against had it been anyone else doing it.

There’s no need for an argument. No need for a discussion. Everyone can cry about how Horde players are blamed for bad writing, but this is stuff we’re witnessing right now. Stuff that players are doing right in front of us that they insist isn’t happening.