[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

No one is asking you to.

You ignored the rest of that comment. Calling it good is relative. It’s dated, and showing its age. Doesn’t mean it isn’t usable, but its not a good cpu anymore.

I never said it was, I just said it was fine for me. And apparently it’s fine for a lot of other people. I’ve already priced out a new CPU, MOBO, RAM, and GPU, it’ll run about $900 to build what I want, and I don’t feel like spending that to play this old game.

1 Like

You guys need to relax. The only thing that really matters is Blizzard is working on a fix. That’s good enough for me. No point in arguing. Neither of you are going to agree with the other.

5 Likes

Thats a lot different than just building something to play the game. There are plenty of options below that price tag that will play the game. Oh. And you don’t have to spend a penny, its being fixed.

I priced that option out too, cheapest CPU, MOBO, and RAM I could find was $170 and that’s still too much.

OMG u guys… this has been hashed to death.

CPUs are old past 5 years.

Let’s just stop, okay?

8 Likes

Okay dude we get it. You have a comp that can play it and one that doesn’t. We can’t play it with all the features advertised in the game simple as is. We know it’s getting worked on. Can you stop posting now and stop stirring the pot with people so that we can get updates easier and others can voice their own issues instead of a long winded argument about the age of players, age of rigs, and how some people work 9/5 jobs but are still unable to afford to upgrade because of family/living situations?

I scrolled threw almost 150 posts of pretty much you arguing with other people.

5 Likes

We’re just having a friendly conversation.

1 Like

Apparently we’re not.

Hey is the game fix now ;p im going to bed now after waiting for so long so my lil bro can play but idk any new on a fix ?

:man_shrugging: People see a back and forth and I guess because it’s the internet they think the conversation is hostile.

1 Like

There is blue buttons to the side for your viewing pleasure. They will take you to the blue posts that say it’s a bug, its being worked on.

Glad its being worked on. Wanted to give retail another try after not playing for 3 expansions and only resubbing for Classic.

2 Likes

Glad they are working on a fix for this. I know my Hardware is getting old, but I was still enjoying the game at settings and framerates acceptable to me. I’m planning on building or buying a new PC, but can’t afford to until maybe I get a decent Tax return this spring. Thinking of like a Ryzen 3800x with at least a GeForce 2060 super. SSD’s are the real deal too guys, and the price isn’t bad on them now. How do you think WoW will run on that build just mentioned? My current specs are AMD Phenom II x6 1055T with a GTX MSI 970 Gaming.

That sounds awesome. The new 5000 series ryzen will give you better gaming performance than the 3000 series, but off the top of my head I don’t know if they have a comparably priced cpu in that series. The 3800x will still be a beastly cpu for a long time to come.

I would suggest for sure though waiting a bit for the lower end 30 series nvidia cards. The 20 series is the worst performance per dollar nvidia has had in a long time. A good example of what I mean is most 2060 supers I’m seeing are $700 or so. A 3080 is a substantial step up from that and has an MSRP of $699, albeit hard to get atm because people have bought them all up. Even the 3070 would be better than the 2060 super, and only has an MSRP of $499.

That’s actually a completely different issue…That’s about gpu shaders, not cpu’s.

1 Like

This post.

1 Like

ouch! my bad :sleepy:

1 Like

No biggy! Still great news though, at least I think so. More people playing is a good thing.