[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

so my issue with this it says GPU… and we’d typically think this would be a graphics card issue… the problem in the thread appears to be cpu related yes?

1 Like

That post is STILL about GPUs, Not the CPU issue we have all been talking about throughout this entire thread. Those posts do not address our issues. But I am not giving up hope yet since we did have a blue say they are working on it. Just hoping there will be something before the second part of the prelaunch is released.

Yes sir. CPU

1 Like

Did you guys updated your windows to version 2004? some wow features are now requiring it… i am updating it atm, so i will reply here asap once i can test if something change

I can play DooM on my phenom without any problems and blizz is saying that a 16yo game requires more CPU/GPU than DooM 2016… its laughable

Yes, I’m aware. I was posting the link to nyancat so they would know what the other issue was. I’ve been here since the start, know full well this is a cpu issue and not gpu.

1 Like

Nah, Blizz didn’t say that. Actually no one said that. Just an instruction set that is missing, that Blizz goofed on and forgot to include alternate code for. It’s being fixed.
Updating windows is unlikely to help, we just gotta wait for the fix.

I have a AMD athlon II x4, also having the black character problem, never had a problem before this and other far better looking games run perfectly fine.

Just now the PTR got the fix and it works, can expect it on live tommorow possibly. THANKS BLIZZ

21 Likes

Thats great news!!

Thank you gnome lady, looks like it’ll be fixed sooner than expected. My shadow priest will miss the darkness though.

Super hyped, now I can waste time in cosmetics like everyone else ;_;7 thanks programmer ily

1 Like

happened to see a tiny update to the ptr on the launcher and there it was xD

2 Likes

i’d never wanted to kiss a gnome before until now 2020 is wild

2 Likes

Awesome! I was taking out some frustration on monsters in Monster Hunter when I saw the Blizz icon on the taskbar flash green. I wasn’t sure what updated so I booted Live to see–currently no changes, but if it’s fixed on the PTR then I definitely agree that we’ll likely see it go live tomorrow.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Really hope it goes live tomorrow!

Same issue. PHENOM II X4 955. Radeon RX 570 8g. No way I can afford a new cpu/mobo now. As GM of a large guild I can’t just rage quit, but neither can I pay to upgrade further at this time. Looking forward to the fix.

AMD Pre- FX based on architecture K10 don´t support SSE4.1 only support SSE4a , and SSE4a it is not compatible with SSE4.1, maybe they can not fix it.

literally 9 posts above yours says its fixed on the PTR

4 Likes

Phenomenal news! Excited to level some new toons!

2 Likes

Also having the same issue here! Was really looking forward to doing the customization and seeing all my friends send screencaps of their cool new characters while I stare at a black void is very discouraging.

AMD Phenon X4 965
AMD Radeon R9 200 series card