[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

I understand exactly how you feel. I am already 47. Started playing in vanilla, but here in Brazil, pay for the game was a little costly at the time, so, I’ve decided to leave and started playing another game. When WoW came to Brazil I just started playing again. It is my stress relief. My 26 year old daughter play with me. My other “children” just stopped playing as theirs rigs become to low profile for it. It was very fun to play with them all and my wife in the past, but until things become less complicated (pandemic included) that is how things will be.

1 Like

I have AMD and don’t have the issue on this pc. It’s been explained, its being worked on. It’ll be okay. Blizzard isn’t favoring any specific hardware.

1 Like

Do you have the link where this blue was posted?

running a Phenom II X4 965, and GTX 980ti and have all noted texture issues.

Black or no hair, no eyes, and black toon textures.

Was able to run BFA and the first day of SL pre patch over 90FPS on high settings. Now with the texture issues, and the pre patch launch issues not being able to find any of my toons on any realms I’m starting to regret spending the money. I hope there is a solution soon.

It’s in this very thread, I quoted it like 6 posts up. The buttons to the right will let you navigate through the three blue posts in the thread by taking you directly to them.

1 Like

It remains to wait, thank you very much for the reply.
edit:
I am from latam unfortunately I have to come to the US forum to publish the problems because they give you a simple answer like “You do not meet the requirements” when it occurs to them to answer of course, that very little happens. Very good community of you

1 Like

Switched my forum character back to my retail main (I’m Noxiousviper from earlier in the thread). Was just sad seeing my character look completely different and wanted to bring her up here.

Having a lot of car issues so I can’t afford upgrading my PC, but my motherboard appears to be dying off. Was hoping to save up for a gaming PC after next tax season, but not sure how long my computer will work for. Has issues booting and occasional crashes, and already replaced my power supply.

So this issue has demonstrated why I should get a new PC eventually anyway, not only because Blizzard is making my 10 year old AMD obsolete, but because it’s dying off anyway. But I’m sure many of those with similar old processors to mine won’t be able to upgrade easily. I have to pay off car repairs and getting a new PC isn’t an option. WoW was always a game I could go back to and my PC has handled it well over these past 10 years, though I had to get the GTX 950 for Legion. Heck, I bought this PC because my previous one couldn’t handle Diablo 3’s beta, so this is my Blizzard computer.

Hoping the fix is coming soon and I can mess around with the new pre-patch features, then work on getting a new PC before the next expansion (or when mine finally bites the dust).

1 Like

Upgrade your PC and stop using outdated scrub stuff if your going be so rude… Maybe if people could read more bugs would be handled properly…

WoW has always had an older player base than what most people have wanted to believe. It’s easier to blame the " kids " than to realize it’s someone who is 32.

I believe it was sometime in TBC or Wrath ( they were releasing lots of interesting stats at the time ) where they once stated the average player age was between 28-30 years old, and I can’t imagine it’s gotten any younger.

1 Like

thank you very much! hope it can be solved soon! you are certainly worthy of being a grand magister!

Look man, a bug like this should have never made it thru PTR, it was reported over and over. I know, because I was one of the people who reported it. I’m not being rude, I’m stating a fact, blizzard’s QA is clearly substandard.

This PC was top of the line when I built it in 2011, It doesn’t need to be replaced, and it still runs most games well. I sustain framerates in upper 40’s to low 50’s in raids, which is fine.

3 Likes

Following this post as well:

My System:

AMD Phenom XII 1100T Black-edition (fully unlocked) 6 cores overclocked on water to 4.1Ghz (per core).
MSI R9 390 8GB DX12 Stock overclocked from factory.
Latest AMD GPU Drivers Installed.
Maxed RAM my system can handle - 24GB.
Windows 10 Pro
7200 RPM 500 GB Hard-drive (Too cheap in this Pandemic to upgrade and loads everything in WoW just fine!)
1000 Watt Corsair 80+ Modular Power Supply.
Fiber-optic internet - 100Mbs down/20Mbs up.

I don’t have the funds to do a total rebuild which would be in the far future when I do. System was hand built in early 2012; handles WoW at Graphics settings 7-8 no problems maintaining average of 60 FPS.

I can. Wrath launched 12 years ago, things change. Also I never said that very few older folk play. I simply said I don’t think there is any evidence that they are the majority.

And even if they were the majority it still doesn’t mean the majority of them have older pc’s. Too many assumptions. And you know what happens when you assume :wink:

That has nothing at all to do with the issue. Graphic fidelity has nothing to do with a cpu issue (which has been acknowledged by a blue as a bug and is being fixed)

Actually it’s their fallback due to scrub systems that has an issue being fixed.

Again, graphic fidelity has nothing to do with a cpu issue. Graphical fidelity is handled by the graphics card. Multiple of us have explained this multiple times and Blizz has even said they will fix it for us.
Also running most games well is subjective, and very opinion oriented. What is well for you, I guarantee is not well for me. I wouldn’t game on an old phenom from 2011 anymore, it’d be brutal.

Any recent news on a fix?

2 Likes

A few hours ago a blue said it is being worked on, but past that no. I’m hoping its being addressed in the maintenance tomorrow.

The blue tracker on the right will take you to the blue posts in the thread. As of right now, all we really know is that there is indeed a bug that the devs are currently working to address.

Oh awesome!

Still weird to me how it persisted through both ptr and beta but atleast they are replying and stuff I guess