AMD drivers crashing in 10.1

Amd drivers keep crashing after the 10.1 update. Drivers were not updated = crashing. Drivers are updated = still crashing. Reinstall of Drivers = Still crashing
Only time its fine is if im standing still in game. Any help/fix?

22 Likes

Having similar issues, I’ve never had performance issues but I’m lagging/crashing at the exact same points in Mythic Razageth tonight, first sparks and first breath during intermission. All addons disabled, graphics turned down to minimum, same problem.

3 Likes

Echoing what was said in here. For me it felt like it happened more frequently during aoe/frontals. Academy was a nightmare. Performed a full scan/repair and no luck. No addons running.

2 Likes

Same here. 3 crashes in 10 minutes. Before the update? none.

=/

3 Likes

I’m also having this issue. Please fix this Blizzard.

1 Like

anyone find a fix to it? :open_mouth:

1 Like

this is also happening to me, i tried everything i could think of last night to fix, but nothing worked

1 Like

my game runs for about 30 mins and crashes with error 123 but im on nvidia gpu

1 Like

I’ll throw my hat in this ring too. Any movement and it starts locking up, doing Raz last night I kept dying at the same point due to my graphics locking up. Just to rule everything out I did a fresh install of wow, used DDU to uninstall drivers multiple times as i was testing between a few different AMD drivers. Same issue was present regardless. Also, tested with all addons completely uninstalled and couldn’t get a resolution. I’m running a Red Devil 6900xt.

3 Likes

same issue here since 10.1 after never having any stutter or performance issues I am now encountering significant 2-5 second stutters and lags where the screen just freezes. Happened last night on mythic Eranog and persisted at random points through the raid. Can run around valdrakken with no stutter, but zaralek cavern is a nightmare, can barely go 5 minutes without a freeze.

Tried updating GPU drivers, CPU drivers and made sure BIOS is current. running AMD 6700S Ryzen 9 6900HS

2 Likes

Yep failed my 20 RLP because I kept crashing on the second boss and sitting in the fire ele’s explosion…would really like this fixed asap

1 Like

I was having freezes on ptr and during live when running M+, this morning I was able to narrow down my freezes, whenever a monks xuen dispawned while in a dungeon my game would freeze for a good 3-5 seconds.

Edit: Changing from DirectX 12 to 11 does seem to lessen/remove the effect for me. So maybe try that as a temp fix.

5 Likes

I’m probably experiencing the same thing. 5900x/6800xt. I first noticed it in Academy as someone mentioned above. The game doesn’t crash to desktop, but the graphics lock up for 4-6 seconds while sound is still active. It eventually comes back with no entry in Event Viewer. I was on an older driver version but DDUed and upgraded to 23.4.3. System was 100% solid before 10.1.

2 Likes

I’ve been having issues as well since the patch. Am currently on older AMD Drivers but so far have only had two issues. When Grand Magus Telestra in The Nexus and Anomalous in Halls of Lightning cast Mirror Images and Disperse, the game locks up for a few moments. In fact, when it happens in Halls of Lightning, I see the entire outside of the dungeon for a brief moment. It seems to be only specific spells/effects causing these issues. Have only had it in happen in those two instances. Haven’t gone into the new zone as of yet, though.

1 Like

Also having this problem. I’m in the middle of arenas and I just freeze for 2-5 seconds and come back. 2-5 seconds is a big deal in arena. At first I thought it was an evoker bug, but now I think it must be the combo of AMD and WoW.

I had to update my AMD driver to Jedi Survivor to not crash on launch, and now I can’t play wow. :frowning: What luck.

2 Likes

Have now had it happen once during Ashran. Unsure what triggered it though as I was a bit away from the battle. As far as I can tell it wasn’t any of the events that can be triggered.

Very similar issue as of the new patch. Using an AMD graphics card, 6800xt and my game will randomly freeze and stutter for 3-6 seconds. Never had any problems before yesterdays patch. I play in fullscreen windowed mode and it will lock up, then restore my window size to a smaller window and then after a few seconds, everything is back to normal. Only problem is i cant see what happens for 3-6 seconds…

Will update my drivers and see if that helps.

Same issue here random freezes 3-10 seconds with occasional windows prompt program not responding then resumes normal, however, there has been a couple of crashes, and seems to happen more in dungeons/rare mobs with dense combat. Using latest AMD driver 23.4.3 on a 6750xt/5600x after patch 10.1 it is happening. The game ran perfectly before the patch. I have uninstalled all addons, addon managers, and it still happens on default settings with no addons what so ever.

2 Likes

I just did an AA key with one dps mentioning crashes. I asked if he had an AMD card and said yes, so something is definitely going on.

side note, 23.4.3 seems to be better than whatever version I had previously. Only a handful of crashes since updating last night.

Same issue, Radeon 6800, 3-10 second lockups on mythic councli and terros last night and a rare today. On terros the lockups were happening at the same point within a second or so over three pulls. It’s just wow locking up, alt-tabing out to windows shows everything else it ok, but GPU usage spikes to 100%. The game is unplayable in raid like this.

1 Like