Constant Crashing - ERROR#132 (0x85100084)

I read that this error type needs to be handled on an individual basis. The game has been unplayable since this evening.

==============================================================================
World of Warcraft: Retail Build (build 49343)

Exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe” -launcherlogin -uid wow
Time: Apr 30, 2023 7:56:07.332 PM
User: aaron
Computer: DESKTOP-13VEL90

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 8664
ThreadID: 9912
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at “0x00007ff6a9201a73” referenced memory at “0x0000000000000224”.
The memory could not be “read”.

3 Likes

Sorry, this is my usual character. Dunno how some rando WOTLK alt was my default forum id.

1 Like

having the same issue. Lots of people having MS and disconnect problems.

1 Like

I came here for the exact same issue. In the last several days this has been a constant occurrence. No other games or software exhibit an issue.

I’ve updated absolutely everything I can think of on the PC. I’ve scanned my Windows installation for errors. I’ve used the driver verifier tool in windows looking for a culprit driver. I’ve scanned and repaired my WoW install. I’ve deleted cache and WTF folders. I’ve even completely ripped out the game, and redownloaded and reinstalled it.

And yet, this issue persists. This is something that has started, again, since a bit less than a week ago, in the last several days really. At the moment, I’m out of ideas, and so here I am.

2 Likes

I have been having the same critical error game crashes since yesterday as well. Was just in a mythic plus dungeon and the game crit error’d and by the time I logged back in the group had disbanded.

1 Like

I’m wondering if this issue, and the issue detailed here in this thread, AMD drivers crashing in 10.1 are in any way related? That thread is about AMD graphics drivers. I skimmed through it though and didn’t see anyone specify what the crash error that they get actually is.

I’m not running an AMD card…have a 3080, with the latest Nvidia drivers. But again, I wonder if there’s any relation here or not? Quite possibly not, but you never know.

I’ve run into the same issue, running a 3060ti, not amd gpu.
in addition running wow has been overheating by 20c than normal (per 10.1)

wow crashes and its been crashing my whole system as well

I just got disconnected 4 times within 1-2 minutes and had no control over my mount flying over Azure Span and finally gave up.

This is becoming a constant issue for me now. @blizzard do you have any comments you can make on this at all?

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a 4090 but I have been getting error 132s since 10.1 released. It’s getting incredibly frustrating now.

I am having this issue Non stop, happens 5 - 6 in a row.

I have completely removed WoW all addons and battlenet. Deleted all folders and reinstalled. After 2 hours did it again. I have also updated everything as much as possible. I have checked windows for errors, and even tried a different hard-drive.

I am running a 4080 and a i9 13900k. 3 M.2 1TB HD’s. I have 0 issues with anything else ever.

I also began having a temp spike in temp where it goes to shutdown warning due to the random spikes while playing WoW. No reason as my system does not stress with this game.

I would love Blizzard to provide an ACTUAL response other than the only ones i’ve found which blames a hardware issue. This is not a hardware issue unless they are referring to their own.

Everything is up to date, please @blizzard, some information would be great as this is very frustrating.

I ran fine until 10.1 now its monstly unplayable. If I can load into the world I can USUALLY play for a bit but once I crash I may not be able to get back in for quite a while.

It seem like logging into another character frees up the first one that crashed but its not reliable.
It might also have SOMETHING to do with discord. I have the overlays and acceleration etc turned off but I also started noticing discord crashing and then restarting.
If I’m in game I just hear the chime like someone joined the channel.

I just did a complete reformat and reinstall of windows, updated drivers and GPU
I also moved windows/wow to my other SSD as well., installed wow ran around in valdraken for bit and still got the error. No addons installed.
Moved windows install to my other SSD as well.

DXDIAG:

WoW Crash Dump

I noticed that the page faults seem very high at 5016893
Paging file is set to Auto Manage with a current allocation of 5120 MB

Passed a few runs of memtest86 without errors, Ran chkdsk, ran seagate ssd test as well. Havent tried other games but im out of town for a week.

Still getting this too, and I can’t even load into the game at all. As soon as the load bar completes it closes the game with this exact error. I do have an older PC and I thought my graphics card had finally had it, but I can play anything else except retail ever since the new patch.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.