Alterac Valley in Classic

I believe it was part of one of the youtube interviews that got released on the 14th of may … I find it quite annoying that Blizzard themselves don’t have a post with all the interview links. A simple blue post saying:

“We had an intverview with Forbes, please check this link” - “We had an interview with Esfand / Tipsout, please check youtube…”. It’s really annoying that we have to dig them up.

1 Like

Please reconsider Bliz. 1.5 was much much better than 1.12

I don’t even care if it’s CRZ, but like Classic’s classes, it’s the mechanics that matter.

4 Likes

I want the original AV not one where we see who can zerg the commander the fastest. I want an Hours long war.

3 Likes

Then play some D and prevent the zerg.

Only works when others do the same, the old AV forced teamwork. 40 rando’s aren’t gonna all go in with the same plan. Old AV you had to work together.

5 Likes

You don’t need 40 people to break a zerg, a handful of people can do it.

Delay maybe but not stop, not with the current NPC’s. best you could hope for is holding them at the bridge or tower depending on the side. And that’s if you have a group dedicated to base defense with the right composition. Mostly you’ll watch the bulk of the horde and alliance wave at each other as they pass like ships in the night on the way to their respective ports.

1 Like

A combo group of 10 frost mages and warlocks could hold the major chokepoints nearly indefinitely thanks to blizzard’s 75% slow. I mean, 50% move speed on a mount or 25% when not means it’s like running through a shredder

Yes I said that, but again your relying on 10 people of a specific class mix to all get together with the same goal.

4 Likes

To make the argument that one has to rally people to defend just for there to be PvP in a PvP battleground is a ridiculous one. Do we need to go into WSG or AB and tell people there not to rush the objectives in order to PvP?

5 Likes

Someone summed it up nicely as capture the flag with no flag.

Enter your av length contest entry here
I think I once lasted 4 hours
I know, I’m a scrub

cant wait to do the av grind and get the unsyoppable force on my 2hd enhancement shaman in classic wow.

You mean the “grind” that will take a fraction of the OG time and can likely be done in one BG weekend in the watered down version of AV?

yep exalted with av can take one weekend or you can space it out.

Just chuckling that you referred to it as a grind.

i guess you donr remember how av was back then its ok.playing it for a few days straight was the grind.

See at about 12:00 where they say CRBG are in.

Signed in just to give my displeasure in learning this recently. Still looking forward to Classic, but these changes that make AV a 5 minute rush don’t make me want to play it.

8 Likes

I’ll disagree with the removal of mobs… its party what kept people from racing.

1 Like