Allied races not showing up on character creation screen

I’ve just completed the requirements for the Vulpera allied race according to Wowhead and have both the “Secrets in the Sands” Achievement and the “Allied Races: Vulpera” Achievement, but I have no option to create an allied race on the character creation screen. I don’t even see greyed out portraits. I only see the main races. I’ve spoken to the JI Firepaw in the Orgrimmar Embassy and have done his quest. Can’t do anything else in there.

Is there something else I’m missing or is this a bug? I’ve tried scouring Wowhead and Google and haven’t found anything super helpful. I haven’t played in a while, but last I remember I could see the allied races on the character creation screen even if I hadn’t unlocked them. That was the old look before it was redone.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

29 Likes

Try shutting the game down in it’s entirety and then bring it back up. That might do the trick, kind of giving it a reset so that it refreshes everything.

Thanks for the post!

I actually gave that a try initially, but unfortunately after a relaunch of both the game and the launcher it didn’t seem to work.

I’m batting 0 for 2 this morning. :sweat_smile: The only other thing I can immediately think of is it being some sort of a UI issue? Maybe a full reset will trigger it? That is unfortunately all I’ve got to offer. If that doesn’t work, perhaps someone else has another idea to try.

Thanks for trying to help out! Resetting the UI hasn’t fixed the issue, but I am going to try just re-installing the entire game to see what happens. It’s very odd because I just installed it today :laughing: I would post an image link of the char creation screen as evidence if I could so people don’t think I’m crazy.

2 Likes

Did you do the quest to actually unlock the Vulpera? I don’t want to give spoilers, but to refresh your memory, it’s about the Vulpera wanting to join the Horde, getting turned down, and then proving their usefulness? It involves a decent amount of travel.

2 Likes

You’re not crazy. I was digging through the Bug Forum posts and saw a few other people having the same issue for other races. No one posted back saying this or that specifically fixed it in those threads but hopefully someone will give an idea here.

2 Likes

Yes, I have completed that questline.

1 Like

Weird. I’d definitely be interested to see a screenshot of your character creation screen.

1 Like

I’d be more then willing to send you a screenshot, but I don’t have enough trust on the forums to post links. Is there another way I could send it to you?

1 Like

This exact same thing is happening to me too! Earlier yesterday I had access to allied races, last night they suddenly disappeared.

2 Likes

Interesting! Were you able to get it fixed?

1 Like

Nope. I woke up this morning expecting it to have fixed itself but I guess it didn’t. I guess it’s an issue with the game rather than us specifically.

2 Likes

Well at least we’re not alone. Maybe a bug with the pre-release? That’s probably why I couldn’t find too much online about this.

1 Like

If you post it on any image sharing site, you can put the link inside a preformatted text block:

just Like this but with a dot com
2 Likes

Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of the issue:

https://i.imgur.com/93XOoQx.jpg
2 Likes

I’m stumped. I unlocked allied races before the new character creation screen was implemented, so I’m not sure if it’s intended to look like that for new players. If so, I wonder if there’s something (other than unlocking a race) that triggers the display of allied races.

Are you close to unlocking any of the other races, by chance? I wonder what would happen if you unlocked a new one.

3 Likes

I’m not close, but it wouldn’t be too hard now considering reputation doesn’t play a factor. I am currently re-installing. I’ve had this account for a while, played on and off every expansion with my buddy. I was excited to play with the new leveling. I could be remembering wrong, but back before they updated the UI I remember being able to see the allied races. I just hadn’t unlocked them.

1 Like

I opened up a ticket for it. I’m like halfway through the questline to unlock Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves, so I may just power through that and see if it helps.

2 Likes

I couldn’t figure out how to actually open a ticket, but I hope they can help you. Keep us posted if you figure it out. I want to start leveling!

3 Likes