Sands of time quest done and lvl 50 but Vulpera still not available for new Character

btw this is the character that’s having the issue.

Quest? Or do you mean quest chain, because there are quite a few quests to do starting from the embassy to bring the Vulpera into the Horde.

1 Like

From what I recall, visiting the embassy is like at the beginning of the questline to unlock (after you finish sands of time achievement). Here’s a decent reference: https : // warcraft . blizzplanet . com/blog/comments/vulpera-allied-race-questline. I don’t believe you need the reputation to be exalted anymore.

You don’t need the rep any more, but you do have to completely do the unlock quest chain.

I’ve completed the whole quest line then went to the embassy with the panda then went and introduced them in the horde in the hall by the AH where they now should be unlocked but they’re not.

I’ve have both achievements complete being Sands of Time questline and LVL 50 but after doing it all it still won’t work.

That is only the first quest in a very long quest chain with a fair bit of traveling. Did you actually complete that entire quest chain, or just the introductory quest? Because that by itself isn’t enough.

This is the first quest in the chain, and from the description this may be the one you did. But you have to finish the entire quest chain (indicated in the “Quick Facts” box in that WowHead page) or the Vulpera are not unlocked.

I have Finished the Entire Quest chain Please stop asking… The final quest being New Allies Among us. And still nothing.

That’s literally the first time you’ve said that. We can’t troubleshoot if you don’t provide correct and complete information.

Now that you’ve finally answered, of course we will.

The next step is to log out. Completely out, of both game and launcher. Sometimes the character selection/creation page doesn’t update after unlocking an allied race until you’ve restarted the program.

There is one other thing. Is your account very new? Like, is your first character still a “Newcomer”? (For instance, do you still have access to the Newcomer Chat channel?) If so, apparently there’s a bug (or undocumented misfeature) that a player with Newcomer status can’t create an Allied Race character until they get done with Newcomer status.

Sorry if I made that sound unclear I do apologize , and no I’m not new to the game just took about a 10 year break lol and just got back into WoW so my character I did unlock it on was recently made about a week ago and was in newcomer chat yes but once I hit lvl 50 it said I can’t use it anymore. As for restarting the game and PC I have done that and it didn’t work. Thanks for your help.

Well, that’s all the hooks and crooks I know about.

There was a longstanding bug report about not being able to create AR characters even after a complete and correct unlock.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/allied-races-not-showing-up-on-character-creation-screen/724691

There wasn’t an obvious resolution, so maybe you have been caught in an instance of the bug that isn’t related to (for instance) Newcomer status.

Oh, one other thing: Do you have any other characters in that account that are still in Newcomer status, or were created as Newcomers and you haven’t played since dinging 50 on your main? That thread has at least one report that an alt was making the Newcomer status stick to the account even after the main cleared it, simply because the player hadn’t logged into the alt after getting out of Newcomer. Seems very weird to me, but I figured I’d mention it.

Yes sir I have about 4 and some lost there names over the years so I’m going to try renaming them and how do I leave newcomer status if you don’t mind?

As far as I know, the alts should get out of Newcomer status as soon as your main does. (I have the impression that Newcomer is an account thing, not a character thing.) So maybe just log into each alt in turn to make sure they get released from Newcomer status.

The other angle about Newcomer status is apparently 30 total hours of play time. I’m not sure if that is required in addition to getting to Level 50 or if dinging 50 is enough. I don’t have any experience with that Newcomer stuff and it’s not really documented, sorry. Maybe someone else with more specific knowledge will chip in.

Ok thanks for all of your help I do appreciate it , so what I ended up doing what checking all of my characters and deleting all under lvl10 alts then checked each alt I had left and only 1 lvl14 was still in newcomer so I just deleted him aswell , I then logged into each account where they are not in newcomer then restarted and still not working , thanks so far for all the tips I do believe it’s related to being a newcomer status aswell.

When you completed the quest chain, did you get an achievement and a mount? There is no achievement or mount showing up on your current characters profile.

If this doesn’t clear up by itself, you may need a ticket for a GM to fiddle with whatever isn’t working.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow

I don’t know what ticket response times are currently, but I believe the queue time is measured in days, not hours. I hope this isn’t necessary.

Also, they’ll probably respond the first time with a “form letter” with self-help options and advice. I would recommend reading it over and seeing if there’s anything there worth trying, but if it doesn’t re-open the ticket (there should be a link at the bottom) and try again. They do that template response thing to eliminate tickets that should be fixed by self-help, in order to reduce their backlog. Otherwise, they’d have to handle a lot of tickets for stuff that’s intended to be self-help.

No for some reason I did not receive a mount and which achievement is it? But I did get the achievement complete on the banner for Vulpera

Thanks will do.

The achievement is Allied Races: Vulpera. It awards a Vulpera Tabard and the Caravan Hyena mount, as well as being the actual unlock for Vulpera creation. If you don’t have those, there was a problem with either quest completion in the unlock quest chain or registering the achievement. You’ll want to double check the quest turnins, and if they look right that will be important info for a GM ticket.

Thank you all for your help got it all cleared up they show up now as a playable character thanks agian.

1 Like