Alliance RP - Thoughts and Discussion

You’re not wrong, but at this point, let’s just let it play out. At least we don’t have the doxxing thread like MG does, so it could be worse.

1 Like

Ras, you need to stop.

Deep breath, go for a walk, have a hot meal, a shower, come back to this.

From what has been shown via that imgur link of screenshots, and your own conduct here, it is not a good scene for anyone. You’re angry because you don’t see you’ve done anything wrong and have apologised. They’re seeing you not changing at all and acting defensive and dismissive of their, quite frankly, fairly valid arguments.

Take the fact that so many people refuse to interact after hearing both sides of the account, and ask if its really being a server-wide beat up … or it is you. It is one of the harder things you’ll ever do, trust me on this I’ve spent enough time on it myself in therapy for the laundry-list of stuff I inherited from my parents and the people I grew up around, but to sit back and reconsider arguments and fights and ask “Am I the issue here?”

All you’re doing is rageposting at this point. Stop, walk away, go clear your head and come back to this and ask yourself if you’re doing this because you’re right, or because you don’t want to be wrong. Those are two very separate things.

3 Likes

I find the best solution for me has been two things:

Listener - This addon has saved my miserable life down in the Deeprun Tram. Now I can see exactly what one person said at my own pace and not fry my neural pathways.

Learning the Conquest system - Look, I just was not a fan of the Projects and all their creations on MG. But Conquest has a well thought way of organizing RP for large events and not front-loading ALL of the work on the DM or Players. It takes a pretty even approach and now I recommend it for large scale (10+ players) RP.

RP is what you make of it. If you want more RP you have to build your community. For some that’s the walk up scene. For others that’s events. And then other’s that like their rp with their guild or group of friends.

As someone thats been on WrA since 2015, I’ve seen the trends come and go, House, Crime, Shops, Family, Military, Guard, Newspapers … its all been here.

Be bold, encourage the RP you want to see. Props to Kirsy for trying to do that.

5 Likes

Yeah and just like the weirdo that went off on me because sometimes I am not correct about my characters’ labels, I do think how you act on your personal damage DOES say a lot about you.

I think your removal from WCP was kinda justified. You were an admin. You should be held to a higher standard. Taking your trauma out on a member trying to say they’re writing a positive depiction of a mental illness is whack, bro.

3 Likes

While it’s certainly taxing, I’m not actually all that angry. I’ve told myself this won’t affect anything I do today- I’m still getting ready to go to the gym(Leg day whoo) and was about to head out the door.

I know I have a habit of sounding angry even when I’m not, but believe me, I’ve had a year of contemplation on this. People can believe what they want to believe, or they can actually learn everything that’s available to them. I’m just here to let it be known I can’t be pushed anywhere.

1 Like

That’s fair of you to think, I’ve no investment in convincing you. I’ve apologized for what I believe to be wrong and that’s that.

1 Like

The what system?

I ask this because we’re currently discussing different RP systems on the WRA-RP Discord. I’m looking for something that would work for simple events, but it might be nice to look at something for large-scale.

i don’t know how i managed before I installed Listener.

I dabble on MG RP because it’s actually has a active Stromic scene and what I can gather is Warcraft Conquest is the over arching server wide D20 system they use for events.

It is not unlike the unified system Duskfall uses in terms of a unity of rolling systems (the Duskfall system is nowhere near as complex however).

It works for Moon Guard because it’s a standard system all the various projects have kind of adopted by it is not something I recommend unless you get in dept in that server’s scene as it is a lot to take in.

Speaking of, this thread was made partially to help abate that future.

1 Like

I dunno who made it, but every project uses it to standardize RP on MG. Full diclosure, I love a standardized RP system. I just don’t like server lore. That said, here is a link:
Https://

sonceri.art

/conquest

I think I can post links. I dunno, Blizz will never let me get T3 on here. Too many bones with my teethmarks on them in the Tram. Just put those 3 lines all into the same web address in order.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/gAfqguL88tA?si=mRRB9j8VUS9ZMnDs

You can use the Preformatted text option to show links: https://sonceri.art/conquest. It’s the </> icon in the toolbar. Conversely, surrounding a link with quote marks from the ~ key does it, too.

Man, as much as I don’t want to add any more fuel to this fire, that’s the reason why I never bothered with any of the Community Project stuff. One look at the admin list and I decided to just try my luck on MG.

Gnoragrets beat me to posting the link, but it’s essentially just a lightweight(ish?) d20 system for WoW RP events.

I haven’t done anything involving it just yet, but everything I’ve heard about it has been positive, which makes it stand out.

2 Likes

I’ll say this:

It is more lightwieght than trying to teach a pack of rabid baboons you call guildmates how to install Dicemaster then setup characters.

1 Like

Oh, yeah!

Oh no!

3 Likes

It’s definitely more lightweight than any other system I’ve seen described as being “lightweight”, I’ll give it that much.

Nothing quite like being told a system is “simple and easy to learn” only for it to turn out to be, like, a full-on TTRPG system with multiple sourcebooks. And not a good one.

3 Likes

I want you to know this destroyed me and I’m now having a coughing fit as a result. I just recovered from my 9th Covid and bronchitis and you’re making me hack up a lung, dammit!

3 Likes

9th?!

I’ve only had it once, over a month ago, and I still feel like I’m running at 75% efficiency.