Horde RP - Thoughts and Discussion

I personally wouldnt mind continuing the topic in a mature manner, but I have learned through multiple, exasperating, social networking conflagrating, nasal bridge pinching experiences that it is very difficult to get standard carriers to lower the banner so they can enrich themselves in the positive and negative experiences of dealing with the neutral.

The heart of human interaction is awkwardness, and learning more about each other and ourselves is necessary to broaden perspective as well as reconcile differences. Feelings getting bruised is usually a benefit in the greater experiences of social interaction, and cloaking/bolstering through fear and ignorance of the ‘others’ perspective will, unfortunately, lead to further radicalization and stratification.

I have had the blessed and cursed existence of swinging hard left and hard right throughout my entire life and it gave me, I wouldnt necessarily call it an ability, but a way to perceive the links between people and use them to form stronger familiarities between each other, and as a godsend for videogame communities, the ability to make communities focus on immersion and overcome their differences.

People are stubborn. The ones you fear giving a cold shoulder most likely got burned by a fringe. The perceptions you have based on your ingroup could, take this lightly, be so objectively far removed from reality that most of your formative perception stems from an age that fundamentally doesnt exist in modernity.

To dismantle the cliques that wall you out, you must be able to understand why the clique exists. To empathize and know why, to respect the opinions of others you disagree with, and to not rationalize every action as an aggression. Im strictly not speaking of reality here because real world perception of the events around us are so catastrophically controlled for the sake of profit that even the most asinine event is used to foster radicalization so an article writer can make a buck or vindicate their opinions.

Im not saying to remove the banners you carry-I mean technically I am, and you absolutely should but most just dont understand this-but you need to realize that if you incorporate ideology into roleplay, you will inevitably be creating and be a part of ‘tHe vErY ThInG yOu WaNt To DeStRoy’.

1 Like