Alliance and horde colluding on earthfury

oh i can guarentee it was for griefing. thats fine you can believe whatever you want.

So how exactly were they "griefing’ you? That’s the more important question. I can guarantee without a doubt that you didn’t put in a ticket saying “this guy is griefing me” and they banned them.

Whatever they were actually doing, since “griefing” is not at all discriptive, is what would have gotten them actioned. You using the term griefing just proves my point that it tends to actually just mean ‘someone doing something I don’t like’.

8 Likes

More to the point of Perl, I am free to kill you over and over and over and over for hours upon hours. Then some more if I want to.

PvP has a PvP solution, so I find it very hard to believe somebody got actioned for what you claim.

I had a rogue in my guild tree hat Co tinually sapped the same person for, meh 5 hours or so? Worst he got was a message from a GM asking him to please stop.

And I mean he was literally following the person and chain sappi g them and nothing else.

3 Likes

fine if you want to defend what you said than years ago i was farming herbs and than a guild of about 15 people decided to gank me for hours and were camping me and i had no way of rezzing and contiune on with my gameplay even after i took rez sickness and was stuck at the graveyard for for than 6 or more hours. i was guildless at the time and didnt have any support from my faction to help me. and no this isnt some made up story its facts and its the truth. if you want to continue defending yourself thats fine. and yes that is griefing.

Using here say isn’t proof, I can say I kill whatever xpack last boss is on a level 20 with a grey weapon, with only 200HP and acting like it’s was the Matrix. With being so cool while doing, the GMs gave me an one of a kind item, 200 billion gold and a spot as a GM.

1 Like

You’re welcome to call it griefing if you want to and I’m not actually trying to upset you here, but that’s more like harassment and not “griefing”. My point is that if they did get into any trouble, they would not have been told by Blizzard that their account was actioned for “griefing”.

Here’s a link to a similar experience and a Blue reply (text shows up green because mine is green, but it should be blue):

7 Likes

griefing and harassment go and hand and hand if blizzard doesnt accept that now than whatever. but it was griefing and griefing was a word used back than by the person that was handling my case.

This thread has gone off into the back 40 and seems no longer productive. I believe the definitive answer has been provided. Probably time to lock it.

3 Likes

Is collusion even in the EULA/TOS anymore? The only thing I could find with a quick google was that the last time it was in the TOS was in 2012.

Why? Why did you stay and let them do that for hours? You can have up to 50 characters on your account. Why would you let them camp you for hours?

“Griefing” has been used to describe things players don’t like.

• undergeared in dungeon/raid/battleground
  • PvP camping
  • farming ore and herb nodes
  • not looting mobs
  • posting crafting mats on the AH in single stacks (before the AH changes)
  • posting crafting mats in stack not useful to the player (before the AH changes)
  • undercutting on the AH
  • tagging a mob
  • not tagging a mob
  • using a certain mount
  • applying the BFF buff from the B. F. F. Necklace (from Pandaria)
  • applying buffs (yes they have complained about this)
  • not applying buffs
  • replying to whispers
  • not replying to whispers

Anything someone doesn’t like has been called griefing

6 Likes

Someone once reported me to Blizzard for dispelling their paladin bubble off.

You can add that one to your list Rufflebottom. “Use of PvP class-based skills in a PvP situation”.

3 Likes

And someone actually participating/not participating in wPvP in Warmode.

I don’t recall collusion being specifically called out in the Terms of Use, but it has been a while if you were looking at the 2012 version.

Overall, our policies tend not to call out specifics in many cases but provide general guidelines. I am not an expert on the EULA and we aren’t tasked to interpret it, but I’d say the following covers that subject, if needed.

xi. Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any conduct intended to disrupt or diminish the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

1. Disrupting or assisting in the disruption of any computer used to support the Platform or any Game environment. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

2. Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

There is also the Code of Conduct, specifically under Cheating:

Cheating

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

3 Likes

Yes, what you describe can be defined as griefing, but griefing in and of itself is not a definitive category. “Griefing” tends to fall under Harassment, Zone Area Disruption, Exploitation, Scamming, etc… Which is the point that Perl was trying to make.

Yes, our Game Masters tend to use the vernacular commonly used by the player they are talking to. So while the category wouldn’t have been “griefing”, it isn’t unheard of that they used that word when speaking to you. Just like we don’t tend to say someone was “hacked”, we say their account was compromised (which is far more accurate), but if the person we’re talking to is using “hacked”, we’ll likely adopt it as well, for ease of communication.

Did this happen on a different account, Makafgam? Do you have a ticket ID? I only find one incident less than a year ago, which had to do with some chat harassment, nothing about corpse camping (which tends to not something we traditionally would penalize for).

11 Likes

This is absolutely a thing that’s going on (I am/was in one of the guilds participating in this garbage), and probably one of the reasons why I quit the game. There’s a whole “collation” and even addons that mark players of the other faction as “friendly” or “hostile” so members of the opposing faction know who to kill and who not to kill. There was even an instance where a large group of the horde made sure they did everything they could so 1 particular guild on the alliance side would not be able to enter any of the raids, wasting their lockout for that week since it was done on a Monday.

And then there’s the whole “You get black listed and put on the kill list” if you were to go against the “collation” and try to create a group to kill one of the world bosses, just so 1 group of people can claim ownage on all the loot.

It’s garbage, and sadly, I saw this coming.

1 Like

Came here for the same reasons, we as a guild were hoping to participate in the AQ events but unfortunately we are not allowed in the zone

1 Like

It’s definitely win-trading, they have said multiple times they have all the scarab lords determined on both sides, and are guaranteed to get it without any competition, the coalition just silences any with them, since only a few guilds kill bugs. Pretty disgusting and sweaty man. Let people at least fight for it, Ally v Horde

3 Likes

The CS forum isn’t for reports, nor the blues will take any action from posts on the forums for in-game action. More to the point, you’d need to report anything of this nature to the email that was posted above.

4 Likes

This isn’t how you report it Kalima. If you feel someone is breaking the rules either report it in-game or use the email address provided in this thread ( hacks@blizzard.com ).

Public call-outs are against the rules. I’d recommend removing the names of the guilds.

4 Likes

source perl? cuz i read the EULA and not there