All Quest Tracking Clearing on Re-Log: Happens on Different Clients, Multiple Accounts

Started today; my entire quest log untracks itself on every character on a fresh login, so I don’t even see that interface.

• Disabling all addons and renaming CACHE and WTF folders has no effect.
  • Resetting the interface to its default though edit mode has no effect.
  • Happens on 2nd account on same PC.
  • Happens on 1st account on different PC.
  • Quest log is normal on 1st login for any character; it only untracks all quests on a re-log.
  • Running these commands (after suggestion from post below me) has no effect:

/console autoQuestWatch 1
/console autoQuestProgress 1

ADDITIONAL PROBABLY UNRELATED WEIRDNESS: Honor and Conquest in random battlegrounds are awarding 143% of expected.

38 Likes

Try running these commands:

No luck. Tracking survives a /reload, but not a relog (and yes, I used the exact casing you specified).

I am having the same issue. My husband is also having this issue. He even clicked on every quest to ‘track’ again. Log into another character and returned to his character he had done the ‘track’ on for every quest and they were gone again.

2 Likes

I noticed that too, though it didn’t happen this morning (unless I just overlooked it - I normally don’t pay attention to my quest log). This might be a side-effect of the small patch that happened today.

@Blizzard - can we please have someone look into this. Please and thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did anyone try the console commands I listed?

I did. I would not tell whether there was a space between the “1” at the end or not so I did them both ways.

There is a space, just need to copy and paste them one at a time.

Also, it was mentioned in another thread that this happened after they received a mount. Interesting, when my husband signed in, he had claimed his ew Wonderous Wavewhisker for the six months subscription and I had not. His log was gone and mine was there. I had ‘claimed’ my gift but it didn’t show up so I logged out later and then signed back in to see if it showed up. It did. I opened it. Then, I noticed my quest log was gone. So, I’m curious if those having trouble also received a mount of some kind?

1 Like

Just tested on an entirely different PC, and the quest tracker is clearing there as well.

I think the mount is probably coincidental; I hadn’t done anything unusual today when the problem started appearing.

1 Like

You’ll want to move this to bug reports, then. You can edit the original post and choose that forum. It’s the only place the bug team will see it to log it and get it taken care of.

1 Like

More info: Not only is it happening on the same account on a 2nd PC, but it’s happening on a 2nd account on the 1st PC.

Moved the topic to bugs reports.

5 Likes

This has happened to me as well, and quest/order tracking was working normally just a couple hours ago.

Chiming in to say that I have this bug as well, just a slight variation of it.

• Two of my characters are affected (so far)
  • On one character the Quest Log has lost the Campaign/Regular Quest split, so all quests are now just regular quests. Even when tracked, Campaign Quests are displayed as regular quests.
  • On the other character, the split is there.
  • All quests are untracked when I log in.

I’ve noticed that if I delete the Interface, WTF, and Cache folders, the first login will show a properly formatted quest log (with Campaign and Regular quest splits), but after I log out and back into the character, the bug is back.

1 Like

Same here. Every time I exit the game and restart it, the quest tracker is gone.

Oh look. scheduled maintenance tomorrow, 1 hour, so a server reboot. Imagine that!

Add me to the list of having this issue. Also seems to cause the same problem with achievement tracking resetting when relogging. Reloading UI doesn’t cause it.

Same problem for me…

My 9 70s seem to all be affected by this bug. It’s really annoying because my main was also tracking achievements I was wanting to do and I probably only remember half of them. THANKS BLIZ!

2 Likes