All Monks Need to Yell for Changes

/yell

I wish monks had more baseline chi based abilities. I would love to have a Spinning Fire Blossom (without root) type of skill for all three specs. A ranged skill other than CJL would be great, something that kind of works like crucible of flames essence.

Other changes I would like to see are:

Maybe a Brewmaster group utility skill for raids, and some sort of fix for PVP. I’m not asking BM monks to be super viable in rated content like arena, but at least make stagger work better in PVP so BM monks can guard nodes or run flags. Also can we increase the base damage of BM?

For MW monks I know there are many issues, lots of great feedback from the community and a detailed bug list. Few things I would like to see are, better DPS rotation that feels fluid, more damage, a snare, interrupt, and another raid utility spell. Oh and I would love to have chi back as a resource.

Edit:
Just wanted to add, make rushing jade wind and refreshing jade wind into a toggle please (I’m lazy). Also tweak zen flight so it can be a slow fall in non flying zones or in combat.

4 Likes

Brewmaster actually also had chi removed in the legion rework…their spec is being overly simplified and I see some BrM players complaining that it’s getting boring to play.

Brew and MW deserve to get chi back, honestly, it was a great mechanic.

2 Likes

Yep now with no chi and ISB gone in place of shuffle its going to be a very low skill entry spec without much ceiling room either.

2 Likes

Edit: Icyveins article was for last weeks changes but was written an hour ago Jumped the gun abit.

#KungfuStruggle

Respectfully you switched two weeks ago. There are a lot of underlying issues with windwalker that people don’t typically stick around long enough to find out about. A majority of our abilities prevent us from auto attacking. SEF ends up as a net DPS loss anytime a new borrowed power is added. Most borrowed abilities do not interact with our mastery and disrupt the flow. If a mob is killed during FoF channel we are combat locked for five seconds and unable to mount. On top of all of this, apparently 3 out of the 4 covenant abilities are bugged on the beta. On the surface the spec is very fun but unfortunately it is riddled with bugs.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-monk-class-changes/490702/251?u=senpu-thrall

7 Likes

So let’s see what happens next week I guess.

Edit: Thanks, Blizzard, for at least letting us know that you’re working on something.

8 Likes

Agreed. Just hearing something from them is a big deal and I am okay with waiting knowing that they are looking into it. Thank you, Blizzard :slight_smile:

1 Like

At this point all we have to do is continue to remind them of the things we hope get changed. We know they are looking this way atleast temporarily, so it’s everyone’s chance to get some long awaited changes.

Goblin/worgen monks
Bug fix of SEF
Bug fix of wdp
Testing availability of some of our unavailable abilities, to verify they are also not bugged
MW got completely glanced over

Just make sure they know what everyone is looking for

2 Likes

Well a monk blue post finally happened. It also added more bugs to monk than it actually fixed.

Well the bug list grew quite considerably :frowning:
yikes

I don’t know if Monk will ever be ready for SL due to these bugs. Not even going to mention the other stuff we’d like reworked. O wells. I’ll still play monk. Panda is EVERYTHING! :panda_face:
:panda_face:

WW getting 2hand could be big!

Really hope more things get worked out and we get some good changes.

Well, the blue post was more to announce next week changes.

Let’s see what is done.

LETS HOPE ITS BIG! BIG!

2 Likes

Fingers crossed! The bottom of that blue post said they were working on bugs, like actual bugs. Can’t wait to see what they were able to get done next week.

Definately agree. However this functionality doesn’t work on beta when I checked 3 days ago. Fists of Fury still requires 1h weapons for some reason. Might be fixed with this weeks update, but I haven’t had time to check.

As of this morning I tested and you can now fof with a 2h and brewmaster with duel wielding.

ToD is still bugged and won’t kill the mob if they are a single level higher than you. Even if it activates and goes on cooldown it doesn’t kill. This can become an issue in raids with trash usually being 1-2 levels higher than the player.

SEF is still super bugged, I’ve gotten use to just double clicking it so at least I can single target pressure.

Will test more tonight.

1 Like

There’s no unification around class concepts. BrM is only holding on through a broken mechanic called Stagger.

WW needs a tiger statue, and a brew back, then there would be. Stagger isn’t broken at all, it’s been dumbed down so much since it was introduced it’s near impossible to mess up now, which in turn makes even mediocre BrMs seem really good in raid settings.

1 Like

Are the other classes looking less buggy than monk?? I wonder because the release is set for 10/27 and monk is looking very very broken. Maybe Blizzard has something up their sleeves IDK. I really would of appreciated if SL was delayed a tiny bit for the sake of polish.

Lets hope something BIG happens next Wed!

2 Likes

In the grand scheme of things, this is not the biggest problem, but I do think the fact that the BM artifact skin appearance STILL bugs the animation of keg smash after all this time shows how little Blizz cares about monks.

1 Like