AFKing out to spin w/l rates

Nothing proved, other than mistaking who got lost. I have addressed everything you have said.

Until you prove me wrong, I will continue to think you’re just an entitled player who’s afraid of getting a slap on the wrist for a lame and cowardly way of doing BG’s.

So in “equal measure” a player gets deserter as a punishment for leaving. What do they get for staying? I’m not sure how you’re not understanding.

2 Likes

Excellent question right ^ here

1 Like

Ok you missed something then.

Good now? Or anything else I need to requote? Not that I’m keeping score, but you’re 0/2.

Now I remember why I don’t try to have rational debates with you. :roll_eyes:

Keep gloating on being 0/2 but you’ve still not answered the equal measure side for staying. What you think should be and what actually happens are not the same.

Anyway. I’m out. You can even gloat 0/3 if it makes you feel better.

Because you claw and scrape at the debate because you don’t like looking wrong, but not liking something that is true doesn’t make it untrue.

My favorite 3 BG’s were ones where we turned it around.

One was a WSG where we were down 2 caps, so I capped the flag twice and ticked off a Rangaros premade. They were really mad, you could smell their chat burning as the BG ended.

The other two were IoC turnarounds, and I don’t really like IoC. One I even made a specific thread about a week or two ago.

This game was a “loss”, but not only did we win it it’s by far my favotite ever IoC and likely will be for some time - Anyone in that Epic IoC just now? (4/14/19 midnight EST) - #8 by Jarawana-zuljin

That’s the incentive, a chance at the best fun that exists. But if a piece of lame gear is all you’re after, that’s probably why I’m having fun and you’re angry all the time.

I never desert BGs by choice… if you see me leaving it’s because my internet or electricity cut out or something. Even in hopelessly lopsided games I stick around until it’s over.

Why? Two reasons:

1. I don’t want to be part of the problem
  2. I wouldn’t have any right to complain about fairweather queuers if I AFK’d out myself
1 Like

The system doesn’t need to reward staying. How about rewarding yourself? It’s a mindset. Tough it out. Have some stamina. Fortitude matters, right?

It really is a player thing, not a system thing.

2 Likes

Yes, this. And if it’s actually true that one doesn’t have time for a loss, should they really be queuing up? It’s a strange mentality to expect a win when going into an activity that at best has a 50% chance of failure.

3 Likes

Come to illidan horde and que for epic bgs…

You have to que for hours to get a single win as horde.

It’s not about me. Not sure why I’m getting advice on how I should behave. It’s about the afk epidemic. We can preach they need to have “more stamina” all day but they are still afking a lot.

You’re the type of man the Alliance needs most. Fix that ISP though. :wink:

1 Like

I’m speaking generally, Jadei, not at you. We have an epidemic of quitters. We have an epidemic of quitters for personally motivated reasons.

1. My time is more valuable than other players on the teams time (selfish).
  2. I don’t wanna work I want it handed to me (lazy).
  3. I want to be carried by others not bust my butt for a win (doesn’t get team dynamics).
  4. It’s not fun to have close games or lose (BGing for the wrong reasons).
  5. But, but, but, MY CONQUEST (self-centered and lazy).

It’s a matter of personality and backbone imo. Some people will fight till the end, some will throw their hands up in the air and skulk away.

2 Likes

The single reason most every active deserter gives is : time constraints

And yet, these same people have the time to level/gear up a multitude of alts where in they just switch toons to constantly avoid afk debuffs…

say what ???

People create alts for a variety of reasons, such as trying out different classes or simply because they got bored of their main. People leveling alts “strictly” to run random bgs are probably in the minority.

Most of the time when I have to ragequit from a baddie group/losing bg/one-sided slaughter I don’t even queue up for another bg on my alts. Usually I’ll just hop on an alt to do some World Quests until my deserter expires, it’s a great time to get caught up on emissaries.

15 minutes is more than enough time to knock out a quick emissary chest on an alt. By the time I get done my main’s deserter debuff has already expired and I just re-queue.

2 Likes

Except the system did reward staying for years. You or I may pvp because we love to pvp but obviously that’s not keeping a lot of players in games they’ve deemed a loss. Like I said earlier, it’s an all or nothing system and I believe that plays a part in how many afkers we see now.

Whether we agree they should or not, some players want something for their time and they just aren’t getting that with honor no longer being a spendable currency. You win, you get conquest. You lose, you get nothing (prestige if that matters) so they leave.

If we want to reduce the amount of players who afk, telling them why they should stay or have more stamina is probably not going to work.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it has to do with the rewards system. Many (understandably) think there is no worthwhile reward to remain in what they believe will be a losing BG.

4 Likes

Great point. Some people say, “They just switch to an alt and face no consequence!” And I’m like, “Wut. No, I usually wait out my 15 minute consequence while the bads I left ‘enjoy’ their 30+ minutes of no-fun for nada. lol”

2 Likes

Call it selfish, but my time is more valuable than, say, yours if I think you are playing badly.

Tell me why I should stay in a game with strangers who are not playing objectives.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been trying to point out, unsuccessfully, apparently. But if you go back to expansions that offered a tangible reward (honor as currency) even for a loss, I don’t recall seeing so many afkers. If you’re losing, your group starts afking. If you’re winning , the other side does.

I don’t understand how lecturing or imposing a harsher deserter penalty will motivate these players to finish what they started.

2 Likes