AFKing out to spin w/l rates

I agree the CP gains need to be tilted away from the “daily wins” and more towards constant participation, but I do blame the ease of just flipping toons to be the largest factor.

There’s literally no downside to quitting. None. Slap em with an L and lock all their guys out of all queues for 20 minutes. Promise things would be better.

1 Like

This has always been the case though, and deserting hasn’t been as much of an issue until now.

All that would change is people pretending to sit a base and afk

2 Likes

8.2’s reveal also had a very lackluster reception, which isn’t usually the case with content reveals.

The community is different.

1 Like

Can agree there which is why I don’t think the majority desert just for their W/L rate.

1 Like

You keep fixating on that one thing, my suggestion was for more than one angle.

The world isn’t black and white, it’s shades of grey. 50 in fact.

Also, about Afking, I also think the report AFK thing needs a visit by Blizzard. Rename it to something else and make it more obvious to get rid of AFK’s, trolls, pricks, etc.

^ I’m fixating on that one thing because you wrote an entire paragraph on it. I disagree this is a big reason why people leave.

3 Likes

What, you just quoted where i said the account wide thing.

Actually the afk problem seems to have reached this level in Legion. Why stick around? Gear rewards were rng and gear didn’t matter. I saw just as much afk in Legion as now.

I doubt an account wide deserter or giving them a L will give them enough reason to stay. Personally I think the gear system for casuals is a deterrent. “I’m just grinding 385 so I can get to 400” and I don’t get squat if I lose. I can’t even buy honor gear to upgrade while I’m grinding out conquest. As long as it’s an all or nothing system, I think players will bail.

4 Likes

Okay bolded the part I think wouldn’t matter. Yes if they made deserter account wide, that might curb some but I really don’t think many care about their stats page (my opinion ofc)

Maybe it’s because I did more group queues, I just didn’t see it as much.

Some people will always quit, that is known. But anything to chip away at the issue would help.

I’m kinda feeling like you guys are like “this won’t solve everything ever, don’t try it”. But if only 1 person quits and not 5, wouldn’t that be an improvement?

It could also be argued that ilevel 400’s’ hanging on their screen on the PVP tab is luring people into PVP that don’t want to. So in that regard, the PVP system might be too rewarding and not under-rewarding.

Juga is right tho

People rarely desert “just to pad their win/loss ratio”

Trust me, if I find myself in a baddie group that’s getting utterly destroyed/graveyard farmed/etc the LAST thing on my mind is “man i gotta protect my win/loss ratio” :rofl:

When I end up in such one-sided, obviously lost games I afk out more to save time and cut my losses than to “pad my win/loss ratio”. It makes no sense to stay in (what’s likely going to be) a one-sided slaughter that lasts like 40 minutes, it’s smarter/more efficient to just leave :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess I believe more in rewarding good behavior than punishing bad. It seems to get better results.

3 Likes

Any parent would tell you that you need both in equal measure. That’s the danger of tunnel visioning on one angle.

1 Like

So what’s the reward for staying? I stayed, I got my butt kicked and I got… progress on my prestige bar?

4 Likes

Not a 15 minute deserter…

A simple solution to the issue of getting backfilled into losing bgs is to simply use the Blizzard AI bots as backfillers instead of players - problem solved overnight :thinking:

Using the Blizzard AI bots as backfillers in place of humans would “guarantee” that every single time that a human player/customer queues up for a bg they get a “fresh” match.

I’m in favor of “Blizzard AI bots used as backfillers” since it also addresses the issue of the declining WoW/sub population. Not enough players? Just fill the empty spots here and there with Blizzard AI bots - sparing us human players of the “inconvenience” of getting backfilled into losing bgs :thinking:

2 Likes

You could have won. I just think ya’all quitters and don’t wanna get grounded. Change my mind.

But I can jump on another character or do that wq for the 385/400.

For the record, this is just an example of how casuals may see the current system.

3 Likes