AFKing out to spin w/l rates

well, that’s prolly half the ‘deserter’ problem right there.
gotta assume it happens often, human nature being as it is and all

/sigh

4 Likes

You didn’t know?

You can test it out yourself on an alt:

1. check your toon’s PvP stats page before entering a bg
  2. queue up for a bg
  3. leave
  4. log out
  5. go back to your toon’s PvP stats page, the game you just left will not show up at all… like it never even happened
4 Likes

oh I don’t doubt it at all. personally I abhor ‘spin’ of any kind and almost never have to afk out. when the match goes south it’s time to break from objectives and just kill stuff. lol still, getting backfilled into losing matches sucks so yeah, the frequent deserter BS sucks. /shrug

ball is in blizz’s court

• I can dream can’t I? … :slight_smile:
1 Like

Well that is true along with honor gains per hour. Even a losing AV is decent honor. But a losing IoC is really, really bad honor.

I wish they would fix honor/conquest ratios in a lot of these BGs as that would fix a lot of the leaving early/afk IMO

As for win/loss that doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things if you have done hundreds of BGs as the ratio will even out to 50/50 or higher if you play enough.

Hmm… who is doing this? “Everyone”?

I AFK out of games where I don’t feel like staying with the team because they aren’t trying. OR, because I have no interest in wasting 30+ more minutes in complete boredom. Doubt it impacts my win:loss ratio much because I AFK on both ally and horde toons if the above conditions are met.

[edit]
Also, if I backfill into a losing AV with more than 300 reinforcements left on the board, 95% chance I will AFK out. Backfillers can do whatever they want in BGs IMO.

1 Like

So today I backfilled into a losing WG where this guy was saying he had a 95% win rate, 200 games played. Then he AFKd. :laughing:

2 Likes

I know there are SOME people who AFK out for win rates – you see people leave 15 seconds before a losing BG closes, when they’re going to get honor, azerite, maybe a box. I imagine that most of us who do it are trying to be efficient about time in / reward out or keeping our blood pressure down.

I don’t leave just because we’re behind; some of my most fun has been turning a bad BG around (I got my AB “Resilient Victory” and “We Had it All Along” in the same BG, as a back-fill with 4 others who all came in at once when we were down 400-1050, back in the day when it was a 2000 point game and you had to win 2000-1990. That one ended with me on my Prot warrior, spinning the LM against most of the Horde team with 3 healers who kept getting killed and rezzing in turn).

What I will leave for is bad gameplay that drives me crazy: I’ll leave a WSG if I’m the only one who goes for the flag. I’ll leave an EOTS if more than half the team goes mid. I’ll leave an IoC if there are 8 people screaming their pet strat in all caps and the team splits into 3 at start and loses all 3 nodes. I’ll leave an AB if we get 2 nodes and then 5 people “guard” each of them. Etc.

I know, I’m making life difficult for the next guy. But I’m that “next guy” often enough, and I’ll stay when plopped into a loser for a quick loss and some reward; it evens out in the end.

4 Likes

Sadly I’ve been leaving games win/lose…

Damn pc crashing, so a few lucky and unlucky people filling my spot.

2 Likes

Yep! I mean, sorry to say, epic BGs on alliance side are just… sad. Many games are essentially “thrown” by alliance who come in without knowing what to do then failing to help with objectives. If I’m playing with friends, I’ll stay. But if not, I’m outta there if the team is too dumb. Gets me irked too much to stay. :disappointed:

1 Like

That sucks, Nik. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hey Nik,

I assume you’ve updated video drivers and checked for heat issues / cleaned out dust? I’ve had several instances this xpac where nVidia issued a driver update, and I would suddenly experience major instability / freezes in BGs until I updated to the latest version.

1 Like

Yeah, removed old and clean install.
If it messes up again I will try using an old one.

So far it’s been good with removing avg.

How ever I’ve had it work before and return after a few days.

Update windows, virus scans, malware scans.

Temps gpu 40-45c
Cpu 55-65c

Selective start up mode

Tried removing 1 item at a time from USB to find if it was hardware/ or USB playing up.

Disabled sound drivers to turn off sound.

Prob a ton of other things, hard to remember them all.

Nope time to try old drivers

I had a USB headset go bad on me and lock up the system regularly when it was plugged in. Also had an issue after overclocking a CPU in which the USB 3.0 bus wasn’t getting enough power, and the system would get unstable when anything was plugged into the 3.0 ports; swapping to 2.0 fixed that.

Could be the AVG; I also had one anti-virus (Zemana) cause serious system instability, in addition to flagging every single STEAM game as malware the 2nd time I launched a game.

Hope you figure it out.

1 Like

I had the exact same thing except I just stopped overclocking and it fixed it.

If you have windows 10 then just use their built in defender instead of an extra software like avg or norton.

damn i didnt know that… i could have skewed my win/loss ratio a ton if i knew that earlier.

ive been losing Bgs for years lol.

thanks for the tip homie. no more losses on this guys record!

Had the same issue a few times. Time to replace the potato for me.

I’m playing on a $450 laptop using just the integrated AMD graphics and my experience has been buttery smooth - no crashes, no DCs, no freezes at all :thinking:

Maybe it’s some kind of Nvidia issue? Or computer is too old? I dunno

This thread was started purely on speculation. But like…why?

1 Like

I generally only afk out of Seething Shore when on the boat (my little vote in the engagement metric), or occasionally an epic if I’m burned out and want to just stop playing. I don’t do it very often though (except Seething which i opt out of 9/10 of the time).

Sometimes I’ll quit one if people are super toxic, but that’s rare.

Pretty much all we have at any point for PVP is speculation. This one seems likely enough since it’s true - ragequit BG’s don’t get logged.

I bet if they made ragequit BG’s count as an L and made deserter account wide, that’d pretty much solve the deserter epidemic. Might increase people just not doing anything and waiting for the end, but I figure hey let’s try it - if it sucks revert it.

3 Likes

People usually just leave obviously one sided BGs, such as when you immediately get GY farmed because half your team is wasting time diving the flag room while the other half gets picked off in mid. People don’t like wasting time, so if its not a winnable game they’re out.

I don’t think people care about their winrates THAT much.

3 Likes