Addons greatly devalue the Classic Experience

And Blizzard has regularly broken such addons they deem as such.

1 Like

It is as if absolutely no thought was put into this post what so ever. Add-ons have been here since DAY ONE. C’mon man. The entire argument is based on it not being an authentic vanilla experience and that is just not true.

This post, like the 4000 other ones throughout the last 14 years is a giant waste of yours and now my time.

Don’t use them, that’s seriously all you have to do. nothing. Ive never been able to understand why people like you want to change something that is only an issue if YOU go out of your way to add to the game.

1 Like

Hey Ravicus. I have a question for you

What is your favourite food.

It’s a legit question. I really do want an answer.

Ive read those quests so many times. I have no desire to reread them again. Addons ftw

1 Like

i mean imma just be that guy for a second but ADD ONS WERE A THING IN ORIGINAL VANILLA
like we didnt have access to as many as modern does today but plenty of veterans played original with addons

1 Like

Yes it is, but you anti addon people never explain why.

It didn’t devalue the game back then, but all of sudden it does now? If you’re playing with your friend, you’re gaining the same advantage?

Don’t use addons, they are a CHOICE.

ps you anti questie! guys, you realize there are way more powerful options and tools than this addon right?

1 Like

I mean I understand his point about “Don’t use addons”. Basically you are stuck either using them or falling far behind other players. If you don’t enjoy using them you are in a damned if you do damned if you don’t situation.

I feel the majority of addons hurt/ruin the experience of Vanilla, but that’s my purely subjective opinion. And I think players are going to flock to addons for the QoL changes without ever realizing what they are missing. For example, stumbling around and actually exploring the world. Asking for help with directions to quest and engaging in the MMO part of the MMORPG.

Once again I recognize that it is entirely my opinion and that other people have differing ones, besides I’m not sure how you could realistically “ban” a lot of these addons anyways.

But I shall say it here again! Try to play the game without addons like Questie, just for a bit, and maybe you’ll stumble into something great.

1 Like

you didn’t explain why not using addons is not a viable strategy. just don’t use them
 simple.

but addons were available in vanilla
 the first addon i got was an anti duel addon, coz i got fed up with every yob trying to duel me
 i have no interest in dueling
 so an addon that auto cancelled any request without me even noticing was perfect. I could even add a whisper to tell them to bugger off.

You know, we really do NOT need yet another thread on this. I WILL use whatever addons I want to. PERIOD. End of discussion.

You play YOUR game and I will play MINE. If you don’t want to use addons, DON’T! But do NOT tell ME how to play the game that I PAY FOR.

What are they then? I remember that I used Quest Helper and Carbonite when I first started playing WoW. But I don’t see those in the list of addons that are currently set up for Classic. So please, tell us what these other, BETTER, addons are?

devalue for who?
I’ve never used add-ons, never will, but it doesn’t bother me one bit if others use them.
just play your game your way and enjoy it.

Who, exactly, is stopping you from playing totally free from addons and having this experience you crave?

ok so your happy with us having utility add ons, as long as it’s only for raids, but other add ons are bad?

sorry if I am repeating its just that you seem to have a very VERY specific view on how others should play and its really hard to keep up as you seem to now be contradicting yourself

Related question, will the original decursive be coming back?
That addon basically played for you

I read all the quest text, multiple times, 15 years ago.

I’m here for the Blues and Purps.

No. Best you can do is mouse-over individual character tabs and spam Remove Curse.

The old 1-click blind auto-decursive doesn’t work. In fact, I think that was removed by 1.12 patch in vanilla too, unless I’m mistaken.

Looks like it was 2.0 when it got the axe.

But they arent using the old 2004 api, so imagine that some of the old addons wont be making a come back in the same way

This post covers it all

1 Like

Addons have been in WoW since the beginning. We used addons in vanilla. Even boss mods existed by 1.12. Quest/leveling guides also existed, you just had to alt-tab to read the next step and off you went.

It’s not easy breaking addons. A lot of the addons many of us might like to see broken would also in the process break addons we don’t mind. Breaking LFG addons might brake roleplaying addons that rely on similar communication methods to sync and share, say, character profiles. Get what I’m saying?

This would require–yes, REQUIRE–a major UI update. The stock vanilla UI is utter garbage. Even back in vanilla we all knew this and used addons to provide baseline functionality the stock UI lacked until like MoP. I don’t oppose the idea of Blizzard curating a selection of approved addons, but I don’t see them putting in the extra work and I don’t think most people actually feel strongly about this.

Addons existed and were used in vanilla. And if we wanted a true, authentic experience we wouldn’t be excited for a 1.12 private server model rollout that leaves most of the game in a nerfed state. Let’s be honest.

1 Like

Will we still need quartz? I remember that being almost mandatory as a canadian