Addons greatly devalue the Classic Experience

How is “just don’t use the addons” not a valid argument? Since by various accounts, there were addons in true Vanilla WoW, what’s wrong with having them in Classic?

The bad players have been fighting the existence of damage meters since vanilla. Honestly it truly is the classic experience to see someone asking for no addons.

I wasn’t 60 by the time Classic ended but I’m pretty sure a ton of guilds required certain add-ons else you weren’t raiding.

i will only be using dps meter and maybe a UI addon. No questie or DBM for me. I don’t care if anyone else uses them but makes the game less fun for me. That said i am not playing competitively so i don’t care if i fall behind

i am sure that is true but the weird thing is people in these forums always talk about things you have to do to raid but the VAST majority of people wont be raiding, so use what addons make the game fun for you and play and class the way you want to play it. Raiding is only for about 10% of the population

Helloooooo 2019!!

YOU are responsible for YOUR OWN actions. Don’t want to use add-ons? Don’t. Don’t want to gank lower level players? Don’t!

Don’t want to try to impose your personal code on others? DON’T!

1 Like

The no-addons people are a passionate but also miniscule group. Questie will easily keep thousands or tens of thousands of people from stopping after level 5.

Not everyone believes that reading ambiguous quest text because of 2003 dev time constraints is an engaging aspect of the game.

1 Like

Here is a tip: If you think add-ons will ruin the experience, don’t use the add-ons. Me using add-ons do not affect your game play.

1 Like