Actions to Reduce Disruption

We’ve seen reports that on some realms, players appear to be disrupting those who are working on the Green Scepter Shard portion of the Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline. Specifically, by bringing uninvolved and low-level characters to engage with a required enemy and buff its stats/abilities.

As we did in original WoW, Blizzard Customer Support is going to take action on players who participate in such griefing, which could include the suspension of the player’s account.

It’s important to note that the key factor here is the presence or absence of a PvP solution. Players who are doing the quest cannot stop same-faction players (or a Normal realm, any players) from running into a boss that has a mechanic that amplifies the boss from that behavior.

Thanks to those who brought this to our attention.



So Blizzard cares more about the top 1% of their player base than the other 99%? Obviously as they’ve allowed those players to grief their own faction by colluding with the opposing faction on PVP realms. But the instant the 99% decide to fight back in one of the few ways they can, Blizzard takes action against them?

Man… this is sad.


Funny that the “PvP solution” thing is mentioned. Last I checked there isn’t a true PVP solution to guilds colluding across faction lines who can kill groups of either faction on a whim.


you want to reduce disruption how about making the chain be doable even after the gates open? let players continue to unlock the right to their own AQ mount even after the event ends? that will effectively destroy the collusion when they know they can no longer disrupt the limited chance for the mount due to the fact its only obtainable during the event

make it be the same as any other attunement and as a once per character quest line that will put an end to all of the problems associated with this matter


uhhh so any word on a policy on folks abusing the report function?


you can still do the quest after the gates open… you get all the same rewards except the mount.


How is that a lie?

all it said is that falsely reporting players is an actionable offense.

yea, thats a really vague statement. i wish they’d just offer a straightforward, clear policy rather than “report people who are abusing the report function, it will work fine!”.


lets not be naïve here we all know the only reason these cross factions groups are doing this is to limit the number of mounts and once the event is officially ended theyll all disappear and stop disrupting the zones

its all about keeping the mount for their own selfish bragging rights to lord it over others by showing them off as a constant reminder of how this is “their” game

funny i thought these events were meant for everyone not just the ones that decided who is allowed to be there


There is this…

1 Like

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

you forgot

Seems like they are working to get the scepter as fast as possible so that people can stop being bored with current content and move onto new content, which requires a scepter to be made.

Or how do you explain all the people working to get the scepter as deputies with no chance at the mount themselves?

The scepter was NEVER meant to be for everyone it was meant to be for the top raiding guild(s) on the server to do and start the war event for everyone else on the server…

There is a reason it is the only legendary mount in the game, it was supposed to be for 1 maybe 2 player(s) per realm.


oh, im just pointing out the… “they werent banned because of of false reports even though we discovered they were making them anyways” statement, which is both confusing and entertaining.


Sounds like a lot of accusations with no proof from you.

Seems you are the one lying.


This isn’t true, I think it would probably be wise that you stop with the misinformation here. The Blues that had to come in to work on their Saturday to dispel a bunch of nonsense are probably not in the mood to deal with more.


I can provide screenshots of the conversation with customer support if you wish. I’ll also leave a link to my entire playlist for season 9, in which I was reported and suspended for hero choice.

1 Like

How funny. My posts being mass flagged on a post about unjustified player reports.

Stay hilarious Blizzard forums.


well if Blizzard staff had been doing their job in the first place and making sure the AQ event wasnt being disrupted to keep the players out of the zone unless they were part of the right groups and guilds then they wouldntve had their weekend ruined

put the blame where it belongs on the players purposely destroying the game play of others for their own gain as well as the Blizzard staff for not taking the matter as serious as they shouldve in the first place

the AQ event is supposed to be for everyone not just the select few that take it upon themselves to choose who is and isnt allowed to take part in the mount obtaining