Alliance on Sulfuras griefed from Scarab Lord

This has to be considered griefing. The horde kept the quest mob in combat for hours preventing anyone from engaging with it and while it was a pvp server, the server was so laggy that there was absolutely no feasible way that any amount of pvp would overcome to clear the horde. There is no strategy that can overcome the delay the server had

The players in grizzly were punished by blizzard and the guy who was mass reported was unbanned. It should have ended there.

Horde took it too far.

6 Likes

Sounds like PvP happened on PvP server

Grizzly got rekt and it was deserved

41 Likes

Gasp Horde taking it to far? That NEVER happens

Grizzly got what they deserved… big ol dose of karma.

28 Likes

Honestly, i hope there is no punishment. This was the community coming together righting a wrong Blizzard itself could not do. Aside from the fact that it pointed out what made “vanilla (or i guess now classic)” so special it was beautiful to behold.

Im sorry for the individuals who lost their chance at the mount, but this is what makes this game so great. The unexpected. No single player game can give you this experience and no modern MMO can either. You have to see the beauty in this, even if it probably is hurtful for a few.

26 Likes

This sounds like it could be an actionable offense… you might run into some issues though as there was a PVP solution to the griefing.

With that in mind, and assuming your story is 100% true, it seems that the PVP solution would be to just wipe the horde raid, so that combat on the boss resets.

It is not likely that Blizzard is going to compensate in the form of mounts. If anything, they’ll take appropriate actions against the accounts of the griefers. For that to happen, you’ll need to report them.

2 Likes

imo everything that was done today had a PvP solution and acted within the mechanics provided by the game

sucks for the alliance who got shafted, but they also had like a 5 hour window before Grizzly was around to complete their questline.

11 Likes

I still don’t understand why people get so upset over pixels. Yes SL is an accomplishment but it’s not like it has any real value, unless you intend to sell the account.

5 Likes

This isn’t griefing and in fact, Blizzard just released a hotfix so that anyone engaging Anachronos would be flagged for PvP for this literal exact reason.

Before the hotfix people on a PvE server could grief their own faction or the opposite faction in this exact manner with no counterplay. After the hotfix, Blizzard has clearly shown that its intended counterplay is to PVP the other raid/faction off of Anachronos.

July 29, 2020
WoW Classic

• Attacking Anachronos now flags you for PvP.

This is one of the only times doing something PvE will ever flag you for PvP.

This is just one unique situation that goes to show you how hated Grizzly truly is on Sulfuras and how they’ve warped the entire server to be about themselves. If this was just one guild or a couple of raids they could’ve easily gotten through but naturally when you’ve made a lot of enemies don’t expect that PvP to be easy.

15 Likes

Weren’t they punished enough? They didn’t get recognition for the world 1st CTHUN kill. That’s embarrassing and invalidates all their efforts.

Bruh this is a pserver version of vanilla and “world first” is a lol meme. The original kill with all the warts and effort and achievements happened 15 years ago.

All these kills are speed runs on a client that is not even accurate. Who cares?

28 Likes

Death to the Stormcloaks!

2 Likes

The difference is pvp was the solution the alliance had here and they got punished for mass false flagging players comparing the 2 is silly

Sucks for the Alliance players who got hurt by this (Grizzly is still at fault here for trying to exploit the Horde trying to let the legit players through), but it’s a hilarious dose of Karma otherwise.

2 Likes

Sulfuras Horde fighting back to deliver much-deserved comeuppance to Grizzly/Alliance?

OH NOES BLIZZARD PLZ HALP!!!

2 Likes

It’s terrible.

Literally nobody outside their own guild likes grizzly but I’m beyond distraught.

I can’t even have the fun of trolling them knowing that I’ll also be trolling the other two alliance guilds that we’re denied access because of this.

Also a LOT of servers gates haven’t been opened yet, what’s to stop this from happening on more servers as their gongs are rung?

This truly is griefing.

1 Like

I agree that this was a messed up poopy thing to do, however it had a PvP solution on your server. Had this been a PvE server, MAYBE Blizzard could/should step in and do something. But on a PvP server, nah, it sucks, but you had a PvP solution to it.
I hope the Alliance side is really bringing the hate down on Grizzly for causing the trouble in the first place. If not, well then your community is fine with all that is happening and you get to live with it or move on by forgetting about it, rerolling/transferring, or quitting.

This truly is g̶r̶i̶e̶f̶i̶n̶g̶ the drama that bystanders play this game for.

7 Likes

This is great. PVP solution was available, and Grizzly deserved it for the nonsense they pulled. Sounds like Karma to me.

Its just a mount, an ugly as sin one. It doesn’t even matter beyond the tears it makes obsessed people deliver.

9 Likes

Yes grizzly deserved it.

What about the other two alliance guilds though??

There was also no way there was a pvp solution, the amount of lag… it was impossible.