AQ Events = It is not okay to grief your own faction

The only reason you’d have two accounts and roll opposite factions on the same server would be for “bad intentions.” Most likely to communicate with people of the opposing faction after they did something to upset you. It happens all the time.

Can you give me one legitimate reason why someone would roll horde and alliance on the same server? Every reason I can think of would be considered “bad intentions” in most peoples opinion.

1 Like

What? Me having two accounts does not immediately mean I am using them for bad intentions. You can’t have two characters of the opposing factions on WoW Classic and maybe I enjoy the game so much that I want a Horde character and Alliance character on the same realm. Could have friends or family on both sides on the same realm. I may raid seriously on one, while I play casual as the other for the pure enjoyment of the game.

What is wrong with that?

Your simplifying what’s going on to an extreme degree.

What’s going on isn’t just with a couple of friends. What a lot of people are seeing is extensive collaboration of 40+ people intentionally preventing other players from obtaining items for the Scarab Lord quest line.

It’s also not just a simple pvp issue. I’ve seen these same people go as far as pulling Cenarion Hold guards into hives to wipe entire raids.

3 Likes

Sorry, but I’m calling bull crap…

Literally no one does this.

1 Like

I don’t buy that reasoning. :roll_eyes:

It’s not exact, but I wouldn’t be surprised that it would also fall over the callout they made on another forum post where they are investigating those situations where players may use low levels to intentionally pull mobs and such.

Fair enough, believe what you want.

1 Like

Then it sounds to me like you need to get off a PVP realm. That is just my opinion on that though.

Then it sounds to me like you need to get off a PVP realm. That is just my opinion on that though

Lmao. Sounds like you’re one of those guys who gets butthurt and messages the person on your “alt account.”

I’m guessing you will message them when you beat them as well… saying something like, “you’re trash.” :rofl:

This is just my opinion though…

Nope. lol. This is my main account. Promise you that. Don’t have any reason to hide myself behind an alt account. Only reason why I post under my DH is because this is my main on BFA and I play them more than my WoW Classic character.

Also nope. I don’t feel trash talking someone after defeating them is needed. If I beat them in PVP, then that just means I got the best of them. If they beat me, then they got the best of me and better luck next time. If a group of people of the other faction shows up and kills me, then I either try to get others to show up and help fight them off or I take a break and do something else and come back later. I don’t come to the forums and complain about stuff. No need to.

So what you’re saying is you’re over here playing devil’s advocate for no reason at all? :roll_eyes:

And the best legitimate reason you can come up with for wanting characters of opposing factions on the same realm is because family/ friends? Most people I know wouldn’t roll opposite of their family or friends in the first place.

I am just saying because no one has mentioned them yet in this scenario. Maybe those people are afraid to speak up and say something in fear of being verbally attacked that their reasons for playing the game that way means nothing to others and their way of playing the game is consider “Bad Intention”.

Could there be a chance that this is not the reason. Yes, but I won’t rule it out simple because there could be a chance that someone could fall in line with that and that person should never be banned for simply playing the game differently than others as long as they are not violating any rules.

Or they don’t care about the forums…
Or they don’t do it to grief their own faction so they don’t care…
Or they simply don’t exist…

I’m not even sure what the point you’re trying to make is. However, its pretty obvious that there are many players colluding with the opposing faction to grief their own faction. That’s the issue. Not some random person who plays both factions for reasons with no intention of griefing one or the other…

Then my suggestion would be this. Work with your factions community. Let them know who is doing this. Don’t do it on the forums since that would be against Code of Conduct and etc. Do it in game, but don’t spam the chat to tell people. Just get the word out that these people are doing this. Their reputation on that realm is on the line then which could result in them not being invited to groups or maybe if they ask others to help them with something, they could be denied due to their actions. It’s a choice people have to make if Blizzard isn’t going to do anything.

1 Like

Thank you for using real people to overturn the automated system, but can you guys disable the automated ban hammer for the rest of classic? It’s done basically nothing in real applications, and only allowed unscrupulous individuals to abuse it.

I recall this being a very legitimate concern of a friend of mine during your classic beta. Perhaps he was right and I was wrong, and if we look at the application of the system it’s proven his concern was warranted.

2 Likes

yeah and you notice Blizzard didnt get in any hurry since it wasnt something that left them in an uncomfortable position like the GM on that live stream

basically unless it becomes a situation that brings shameful acts to light that the company cant sidestep or sweep under the rug they will simply stay silent under the entire fiasco dies down

2 Likes

When the event ends on each realm, it’s most likely going to stop being done. People are doing it now because of the big competitiveness between everyone. Everyone is out to be number one in this case and if you are in the way, you are going to get crushed.

Not surprised why Blizzard never did an event like this again after that. They knew after they did it once back then that it was rough and they knew doing it again in Classic was going to be rough.

Not big fan of that game, but both look to be joke lol

Stop propagating this false narrative. If there were autobans, multiboxers would be able to go around banning all the botters people complained about for months on end. No video of anything of this sort has ever come out, despite the millions of people playing the game and more people than ever streaming or recording their gameplay.

Coincidences happen, the guy was not automatically “banned” by player reports. Blizzard has been deleting misinformation here, don’t be surprised if your posts disappear.

1 Like

Please point me to anywhere I’ve ever named and shamed on the forums.

The forums are here to discuss the game, voice concerns, express frustration, etc… sounds like every in here is using the forums as they’re intended function.

Then along comes a troll…

:v:

Where did I say that you have? I am saying, tell people on your server in General Chat the people who are doing this. I suggested to do it on the forums to prevent you from breaking any rules on the forums for calling them out there since that would be against the forums rules.

That is fine and I agree, but people need to also understand and acknowledge there sometimes will be others who think differently.