Account Restrictions on AH, trading, and mail in SoD

Nothing can be done there either

But here the dev wont see it look at cs as a black hole for reporting bugs feedback or suggestions.

1 Like

That’s where you’re wrong. The more characters that they’re made aware of having the issue, the bigger the data pool is for them to work from. More data means they’re more likely to find that common denominator and ideally come up with a better fix than what they relayed to Orlyia to try.

Just because there isn’t a Blue presence doesn’t mean that they’re not collecting all of the data they’re getting from players reporting the issue. Bug Reports is usually one-way reporting. You’re not usually going to get any sort of response.

5 Likes

already 12 hours and not working

THen report it as a bug best thing to do is report it.

3 Likes

Hey all, and sorry for the confusion.

We currently have a restriction on new accounts playing Season of Discovery, similar to the purchase of WoW tokens.

Can’t Trade, Mail, or Use the Auction House

This means that if this is your first time adding game time on your WoW account (and if the game time was added recently), you will not be able to trade with other players, use the auction house or in-game mails.

Once this period of 30 days has ended, the restrictions will be lifted automatically. If you’re still seeing restrictions after that however, you will need to log out of your account for at least 12 hours.

Please do note that we’ve also received reports of the restrictions not being lifted automatically after waiting 12h+, and this has been forwarded to our developers.

Hope this clear things up. :pray:

7 Likes

Players: We demand that Blizz do more to protect the integrity of the game!!!
Blizz: Okay, we’re limiting trades and AH participation for 30 days for new accounts.
Players: We’re suing you for protecting the integrity of the game.

Seriously, good luck with that lawsuit. You might also want to re-read the EULA. We’ve always agreed to go to arbitration and can’t sue.

11 Likes

You need to post in classic general wjere the dev will see it.

Blizzard has a legal team and im sure they made sure everything was koshet before making this change.

5 Likes

we couldnt come up with any sort of verification to get around this? I mean come on, as a first time wow player, this makes me not want to resubscribe. Especially after I didnt have this issue my first 2 weeks playing the game, now im totally locked out from doing any of the high level content because I cannot buy consumables or get enchants, I guess I get to be one of the unlucky few who started at the wrong time. Thanks blizz, wont be back!

2 Likes

I understand that the decision is not their fault, but what do you recommend we do now? For example, some players were thinking of going to raid yesterday but we couldn’t because we didn’t have consumables, and others invited their friends to play wow sod and now they can’t play comfortably and are forced to lose 30 days

Follow the directions given. There really is no alternative, if there was it would have been given. I get being upset, I do. But complaining about it is not going to change the situation, Blizz is not any happier about the situation than you are.

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for the information and confirmation! Regarding my account, I purchased my subscription on February 27th and began playing SOD the same day. I renewed my subscription on March 27th, so my game time should be more than 30-days.

I’ve been trade-locked since Friday on my SOD account and have cleared my cache and also have been logged out for 12 hours+ multiple times since then, but am still locked.

Is there anything I can do?

Post 8n the classic forums if you want the developers to hear you.

2 Likes

This seems kind of odd coming from a new player affected by these changes. I’m now stuck earning a fraction of the gold from questing I usually can, and I have no options for getting gear to fill in the gaps while I’m leveling now unless I min max what quests I do. I have 40 hours in the game already and I’ve been loving it, but it feels kinda crummy to feel like I’m being punished for no reason on my second week of playing

You can thank the people who have nefarious intentions.

They’re the reason why we can’t have nice things.

5 Likes

It’s hard not to be salty when players later in the game than me are complaining about the surplus gold from this nightmare incursion thing, and now as a new player my progress will be slowed seemingly as a result of the incursion madness. I’ve never even played one and now I can only sell things for vendor prices well people who can play the incursions can still make bank

This is ridiculous, so myself as a new player to wow that was able to use the AH before phase 3 freely just as everyone else. Now I get restricted from using that and need to play a more difficult game without AH because I’m a new player. You make the game harder for those coming into play the game for the first time, for what? Players play self found mode in hardcore for a more hardcore experience OPTIONALLY. And now a new player in SOD has to do the same? Make it make sense.

2 Likes

Logged out for 13 hours, not a new account has been active since 2018. Bought game time over a month ago to resub, resubbed via token, and also bought 2 months of gametime via store to see if that was issue. None of this has worked. Day 4 not being able to do anything, took time off work IRL for this patch, and I’m a GM with no means of trading our guild consumes for progressing. Seriously getting fed up with SoD

1 Like

Buying a six-month non-refundable sub doesn’t satisfy this? Unreal.

“These errors appear if you try to trade or mail gold, or use the auction house on a character that was created as self-found, or is on a Seasonal realm on an account that has not spent real money to purchase and consume at least 30 days of game time since 2017.”

Guy’s look, I get y’all are not exactly happy campers; I seriously do. But ranting at poor Yryadome is going to do you no good at all; they can’t do anything about the issue, and they can’t pass the word along to the developers.

So you would be best off posting that you’re still having issues in the bug report forum where the developers can see it, as no one here can do anything about it.

5 Likes