Account closure for abusive chat

You know this how?

Just because they tell you nothing happened to them doesn’t make it true. For all you know, they can be blowing smoke up your backside to make you believe blizzard does nothing.

2 Likes

There is nothing in the rules that says leaving a match is against ToS. But, as a penalty for leaving early they do get a 30 min. deserter debuff.

5 Likes

AFAIK blizzard said they would action repeat leavers in solo shuffle specifically which I was referencing, I could be incorrect. I did delete my response as it was short sighted and I dont want to cause a pointless debate. Blizzard owns the game and I agree entirely they should manage it how they see fit regardless of my opinon.

2 Likes

No, it’s true. You can report others until the cows come home. But if blizzard doesn’t see anything that’s breaking the rules, they won’t action them.

4 Likes

There seems to be people who got suspended for language due to reports, we might not be able to change your mind, but this isn’t false.

5 Likes

The thing is, “ragebaiting” as long as you’re not saying anything that breaks the TOS isn’t in itself actionable, necessarily. If I say “Hey, really nice job there, super appreciated it,” you might read that as sarcastically poking at someone to get them to explode, but pulled out of the conversation how can they know what they meant it to mean?

There are absolutely trolls that have taken advantage of that fine line, the forums are occasionally a mess of posts where the person putting them up has figured out exactly where the bleeding edge of plausible deniability is and uses it to provoke people, but in the end poking the bear isn’t against the rules unless it’s a pattern of consistent harassment to which the person has already responded by putting them on ignore and not responded.

It’s always going to be the responsibility of people to not allow themselves to get baited into breaking the rules.

7 Likes

Opening tickets is NOT how you report other players. To report another player you need to right click the chat in-game. That captures the name, server, time, chat channels, and chat logs for review.

Blizzard will not tell you the outcome of your reporting. Note that if there is nothing in the report that violates the rules, the person will not be penalized. Just making you angry is not always an actual rule violation.

I could say for example that your name is really really boring and not creative - it would be RUDE and not welcome, but not actually against the rules. I could even quote a famous movie and tell you that your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries! A very silly and unrealistic humor quip from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

THIS!

No matter what someone says. It is words on the screen. Do not let yourself get baited into responding. You, and only you, control what your fingers type. Report someone that is breaking the chat rules. That temp ignores them for the rest of your login session so you won’t be so tempted to reply. You can also put them on Ignore permanently and avoid them, and their alts, forever after. Note you have to ignore them from each of your chars - the ignore list is saved on a char by char basis still as legacy code.

16 Likes

We still have to folow the rules if u have to curse and yell dont do it ingame plain and simple,.

5 Likes

You can’t disable whispers as far as I know, but you can hide them from showing up at all so you never see them.

Bipolar people have successfully navigated this game for as long as it’s been around. You can’t use that as an excuse to cuss or use inappropriate language.

If you absolutely must retaliate then just say it (quietly) out loud. Maybe type it out in chat but disable the send button so you can’t post it.

You have tools, use them to protect your sanity and your account.

16 Likes

You don’t know what penalty they did or didn’t get if you report them.

That’s unfortunate, but it doesn’t exempt you from the rules. You can yell into the air where you are. You can punch a pillow. Even with those kinds of disorders, no one is making you specifically type out things to people in the game that break the rules.

If you find that you’re not able to engage with people productively when you feel like they deserve some kind of harsh response, consider turning off your ability to see chat or whispers. They’re not going to implement a “but they deserved it” rule, they just aren’t. If you can’t or won’t temper the things you say to people in the game, eventually you’re going to get your account shut down.

Letting yourself get provoked into breaking the rules while they hover over the “report” button is just giving them exactly what they’re looking for.

9 Likes

I would recommend disabling chat entirely in the social settings in that case. Regardless of what other folks do, it is still your responsibility to follow the rules yourself. Don’t stoop to their level, ignore, report, and move on.

6 Likes

Let’s find out.

6 Likes

Uh huh - all that shows is ignorance to how game software development and bug fixing works. The rest of your posts are false and blatant trolling.

6 Likes
  1. You have to put the other player on Ignore. You need to prove to Blizzard that you definitely don’t want to talk to the other player(s).
  2. Don’t respond to them. It looks like a conversation. Anything you say to them could be reported. Don’t give them what they want.
  3. “Mass report” doesn’t happen at near the frequency that players think. There have been a number of players who claimed “mass report” in a forum thread only to find out it was as little as one report. It’s not impossible but highly unlikely.

I’ve seen countless forum posts on bug reports, tickets, etc and lots of changes.

4 Likes

They’ll find out soon enough and harshly.

3 Likes

Considering you wouldn’t know me in real life anyway, is that suppose to be some childish taunt I’d expect from a grade 1 school kid?

So why bother playing if you’re that jaded with Blizzard?

7 Likes

You realy dont want to keep digging the hole ur digging the forums have a punishment just like ingame do u realy want to match ur ingame suspenion.

3 Likes

Like yours?

It takes as few as three reports to hide a post. Once it’s hidden no one else can report it unless it is restored by a Mod. Hardly mass-reporting.

7 Likes