"Account closed" but I was issued a 6 month suspension

Hello, I was originally issued an account closure and then the decision was overturned to a 6 month suspension.

However upon logging into my account it says my account is still closed it does not say suspended.

I have the email stating that the original decision has been overturned and is now a 6 month suspension and the last “action” email I have says that my account was issued a 6 month suspension…

I have opened a ticket about this but the gm assumed that I was appealing and simply said that the action stands and to stop appealing.

It was clear in my ticket I just want clarification as to why my account still says closed when it should simply be suspended.

Any insight into this would be great. Thanks for any and all help

You can re-open that ticket if you haven’t yet marked it as resolved and just be short and succinct. Something like “permanent closure was appealed and reduced to six months, why does logging in still say closed” or similar.

I imagine it’s probably something to do with the coding of that particular UI and don’t think an answer will readily be available. So long as you have the updated email about six months and don’t delete it, you’re probably going to be free to log back in once those six months are up.

2 Likes

I was very clear in my ticket. Almost verbatim what you said. Yes I have the email saved. Hoping it is a UI thing.

Just wanted to clear it up so I’m not wasting my times looking towards October to be surprised that… just kidding it was still a full ban.

Thank you for your response and insight. Much appreciated.

Edit: Also, every single ticket I’ve opened, after 1 response they mark the ticket as resolved. Despite each time the issue not being resolved. It really sucks that they wont allow any dialogue.

With appeals, that’s how the system works. I wasn’t sure if it was something they had the power to do or if it was something that just didn’t happen, but it does make sense. Regular tickets can’t be marked resolved by a game master, to my knowledge. Or perhaps it needs to be marked resolved on both sides-- game master and player. I haven’t had to ticket in for a long time, so the details are a little hazy.

Unlike a court of law, since you can’t really present your case with outside evidence that can easily be fabricated, all an appeal does is request the existing evidence be looked over by a second set of eyes to make a similar determination, or in the case of you getting a reduced sentence, have it overturned to some degree.

Also, keep in mind that it’s six months, down to the minute and second. So the action happened at, say, 11:20 p.m., then the suspension would be up six months later (not 180 days) at 11:20 p.m.

1 Like

I’m not sure why it says closed, Citizenfour, it may be a limitation in the external messaging. It looks like the account is currently suspended, which will lift in October.

3 Likes

Can you please assist me here? It is past the suspension lift date and my account still says it is closed :frowning:

You’ll need to submit a support ticket and mention suspension timer bug.

Also, there is a main thread about this bug on this forum (you didn’t need to necro an old thread) :wink:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/main-thread-account-penalty-lasting-beyond-expiration-date/682800/171

4 Likes

Thank you so much, Yeah I tried searching but am horrible at navigating this forum and figured I’d dig up my old post on my main account, Now I cant even access the forum under the same account because it says I am banned.

Thank again!

Try adding or removing a subscription. We’ve seen several posts now where that seems to have resolved the issue right away!

Just note, the 6-month sub will bill immediately due to the promotion going on, so if you try this method, use the 1-month instead :wink:

1 Like

will give it a try now, thanks much for the input! <3

Did not work unfortunately :frowning: hopefully they fix it soon, as now I have an active subscription lol

I hope so too. I know it’s an issue they’re working on. Be sure to put in a ticket indicating that your not able to log in due to the ongoing bug with suspensions.

Will do, thank you again very much for your input, glad there are helpful people around, feels good.

1 Like

I was reached out to by a GM in my support ticket and they responded saying they applied a fix, but I am still unable to access. Does anyone know if theres a way to get ahold of someone who can help me help me here or am i out of luck for another 24 hours?

Thanks

You’ll just have to hang tight like everyone else, and let the ticket queues dwindle until they reach you (assuming you reopened your ticket).

I did reopen the ticket, I guess that makes sense, was just being hopeful :frowning:
Thanks for the help bud.

Are you getting a message when you log in that you are still suspended, Notctznfour? Or a different message?

it says “this world of warcraft account has been closed and is no longer available for use” then links to a ban faq link.

Strange, I don’t see anything on the account that would restrict access. It looks like your ticket is in though, so hopefully they’ll be able to help troubleshoot this and get you back into the game.

Please let us know. :slight_smile: