Account Closed, but is supposed to be 6 month suspension

If you outlined what you have here - they should look at it.

1 Like

Ticket Number: US77624909

They didn’t look at it, they auto responded.

“This penalty has already been reviewed. We won’t be making any additional changes to th is action.”

You’ll want to reopen it and explain, you’re not looking for it to be changed just that the account action should already have ended.

1 Like

I can’t reopen it, it was resolved. I don’t want to play this game of me opening tickets and them being closed every 2 days. I already explained to them that these accounts suspensions had ended, I even outlined the specific wow accounts.

This was my original message, “WOW6 and WOW7 were changed to 6 month suspensions from account closures, yet I cannot log into them as it says they are still closed. I was told this was just temporary and it would not say that once the suspension ended, but alas I cannot log into them. Just to be clear I am not appealing any ban, it was already decided that they were reduced to suspensions, those suspensions are over and I cannot log in.”

Unfortunately, there are no GMs here on the forums, so there’s not much else I can really suggest :frowning:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s unreasonable that someone that works at Blizzard could contact one of them to have this resolved.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that isn’t how it works. That is not how it has ever worked. Our SFAs here moderate this forum and help man it as more of an information desk. Messages aren’t passed along, that’s how things get more borked when too many hands are in the pot.

2 Likes

Except literally in these forums there are instances where customer support looks at tickets and resolves them, do I need to link them, or are you going to berate me for things you do not know?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/account-closed-but-i-was-issued-a-6-month-suspension/504135/8

1 Like

I would recommend it-- this is news to me.

They can look at tickets just fine, but they do not handle them. Provide advice on their contents and how to move forward. But they are not game masters.

2 Likes

Where exactly was I berating you? I simply said that that isn’t how things operate. I didn’t have any sort of tone implied. And they can look. The can’t do anything else more than that. Our SFAs have absolutely nothing to do with the ticketing process. The GMs who do handle tickets? They do not come to this forum. That’s not me being rude or nasty, this is just me clarifying what most of us regulars know.

2 Likes

I may have used the wrong word, but there are too many instances on this forum where people feel the need to impart wisdom that they are either not clear enough on or do not know enough about.

I think you misunderstood, Wmsharding. I didn’t resolve anything in that thread. I confirmed that they had a ticket in, that’s about it.

A Game Master later reviewed that thread, which I indicated in my response by the phrase “Glade they were able to get it fixed for you”, instead of saying “I”.

6 Likes

But you understand the inherent problem where GM’s do not fully read tickets, and more tickets need to be opened to solve that problem. There should be a system in place for solving problems that haven’t been solved yet, and aren’t arbitrarily closed so I cannot continue the ticket.

What is the proper thing to do, as my tickets are not being answered.

2 Likes

If people speak out of turn, they are quickly corrected. Heck, I’ve been corrected quite a few times and if I’m not 100% on what I’m saying, I always invite folks to correct me. Misinformation on this forum does not last long. Blatant lies and trolling are removed, and when those of us who have some idea of what’s what still make a goof? We accept it and we learn from it. I’m sorry you took what I said as me railing into you but just because I’m blunt most of the time, doesn’t mean I’m saying anything to be a jerk or malicious. I do hope you reopen your ticket or open a new one, and that your issue can be resolved.

3 Likes

Yes and no. I understand that our staff are human and may make the occasional mistake. I also understand the inherent issue where some assume their ticket wasn’t fully read because they didn’t get the outcome they desire.

I don’t see anything from your appeal back in July where the Game Master did not follow the policies and procedures they were supposed to.

Just to follow up on the initial post here… the response you received that said they it was decided to reduce the penalty from a closure to a 6 month suspension. That was on July 31st, so you are looking at the end of this month/beginning of February.

8 Likes

WOW6 and WOW7 were set to expire on Dec 29th.

" Game: World of Warcraft®

Action(s) Taken:
Account Suspended

Violation: Cheating

Your fellow players reported you for cheating. This includes actions like botting, and exploiting game mechanics.

Suspension expires on: 2020 December 29 22:22 UTC"

Ah, I see. I may have made the same error that the Game Master did here. >.<

As far as I can see, Wmsharding, WoW#6 and WoW#7 appear to be “active” as in not suspended or closed, just without game time.

I assume you have restarted the Desktop app and/or your computer since? Have you tried resetting your password? That can force the system to update account status.

1 Like

I have tried resetting password, giving them game time, logging in directly, loggin in through the app, all result in “this account has been closed and is no longer available to use”.

Are you getting an error when attempting to apply game time as well? I think because you appeared to have been submitting an appeal that is why you received the response you did. They looked at the action and saw it was upheld, etc… Sorry, Wmsharding.

Did you change your password or do a reset? Just changing your password doesn’t force the account to update, so it might be worth a shot. If it persists, put a ticket under “Purchase Failure”, since you can’t access the account to put game time on it. Let them know that WoW#6/7 still says they are suspended though the time is up. They should be able to go from there.

4 Likes

Alright I’ll try those things, thank you.