Account character cap increase

With the expansion level revamp and the new covenant feature making an alt for each spec will be the way to go to keep each character more viable. Right now the cap is 50 characters per account. While there used to be a realm cap of 12 I believe that cap was changed to 50. So why hasn’t the account cap increased. To be able to make a character for each spec you would need to make 36 characters and if your a double agent to do that on both sides you would need to make 72 characters. Yes you could have 2 accounts and I do have 2 accounts but that’s not a viable option for everybody. And yes most people don’t even have more then 5 or so characters but why is this 50 cap even still in place with the technology we have access to now. I think a cap of 100 should be implemented so we can create multiple characters on multiple realms or even cap out 2 realms with the characters we want. Personally I would go with the latter cause I have my horde realm and my ally realm. Would really like to hear others opinions on this so join the discussion friends.

2 Likes

They merged a server and deleted 13 years worth of peoples progress, duplicated characters, took all of their gold. You load into a bg with more than 20 people and the game tanks to 7 fps, theres so much latency if any sort of event is going on thats flavorful to the masses. A multi boxer comes near you and you might dc, if you dash to fast on a demon hunter you dc, if you heroic leap to hard on a warrior you dc, if you jump off of something you can dc.

And you think they have the tech to support more than 50 characters for everyone?

Haha

1 Like

You’re right OP. Nerf DH.

Doubt that would ever happen. They would much rather you buy another account to get a total of 100. Would be nice, if they added another 5 per account at least though with all the allied races they added in Legion, and BFA.

That’s a funny way of spelling paladin.

Technically, only one character per account can log in at once.

2 Likes

Are u playing on a toaster with potato net? cause I’m playing on a 5 year old comp with sub par net and I don’t drop below 30 fps in mythic raids or dc at all

OH, M, GEE, Don’t feed my altoholicness!

The limit is in place so I don’t break WoW with all my alts

I can’t imagine the characters in the database actually impact performance all that much.

And, like, yeah, the Khadgar bug sucks, but it’s just that – a bug, not some weird hardware limitation.

No, these are all listed bugs in the game. Also read what I said, more than 20 people, which would not be a mythic raid since you know, its limited to 20 people.

The point wasn’t that those effect it, the point was that if they don’t have the tech to support a group of players in one area, why would we assume they have the tech to store 100 characters on a data server.

Do you have any links or stories regarding this? Even though I don’t support raising the cap, I don’t get how a merge would destroy peoples characters and gold like you describe, and I haven’t heard of it either.

I’ve asked the wife for an upgraded video card for Xmas. That, and trying to set up my UI to tone down spells, should make group PvE less painful.

Ask and you shall receive.

Added the blue post in case it wasn’t convincing enough

Wasn’t this a realm connection, not a merge. Also even if it’s a merge… mistakes happen and it looks like Blizz is working to fix it. If you are gonna say no more merges because 1 merge broke out of many over the years and is being fixed… well I dunno what to say.

I never said no merges, why are you putting words in my mouth after you asked me to source something, and then I did?

Just here to argue or what?

Uh… but you said…

Like, I am not trying to put words in your mouth, and I am SUPER confused now and sorta feel like you are the one looking to “argue”

You’re literally putting words in my mouth, that had nothing to do with me not wanting merges, it was an example of why adding more slots could potentially go wrong.

Again, you’re arguing just to argue.

Where in this do you see

Seriously?

wholeheartedly support this one. I play on MG and have a lot of alts, some for RP, others for game content, I don’t like having a cap at all. However, I don’t know about server-side if more than 50 would be difficult to implement.