About the flagging system

here is the thing…

yes, flagging is stated to be punishable if used abusively. (how its determiend if its abused is up to the ppl in charge)

HOWEVER, this is a known issue on OW forums (they use the WoW style forums for much longer than WoW has) and its still a pretty abused system.

and as a blue stated the system isnt automated…i find “meh” at best.

Given my past experience of being actually silenced by ppl flaggign a psot that was about agreeing with a not liked subject.

I made a ticket with support and even they agreed it wasnt against the rules and undid it.

so either they are automated (at least soemwhat) or the ppl doing it dont do the job properly and merely skim over the stuff and halfheartedly pay attention to the topic/post.

1 Like

Why do you assume that when people report something or they point out that it’s against the rules that they are triggered or mad or had their day ruined though?

When I point something out I’m not seething with rage, trying to play forum police. I am pointing it out so that maybe people will stahp.

1 Like

How do you know they really don’t think you’re trolling? How do you know they simply disagree with the post they are flagging and are abusing the system?

1 Like

I agree. It’s advertising, so it falls under spam.

Love how all these threads about the subject end up with the OPs being flagged, proving their point.

1 Like

I think blizzard might be OK with it.

Can softly censor a lot of things without being viewed as having heavy handed moderation.

Lol. It was hidden, reviewed, and re-posted.

They did this with real names at one point, or at least announced they were going to, and the internet basically melted down. That’s an awful idea… People already flame for wrong gems, enchants, class, spec, name, hair color, transmog, etc… Having the ability to harass people in game with spam friend requests would be fun, though, right? =\

No, I wasn’t. Thanks for your insight and report- but as I said in this comment above, Blizzard hid the post, reviewed it, and allowed it to be re-posted.

I can’t say I agree. Just like in game, when you ignore someone and they keep defaming you or just plain being hateful about you, it affects other peoples’ perception of you. You don’t have a chance to defend yourself or attempt to correct the record- or at least put your side of things on the record- when you can’t see what the other person is saying. /shrug I don’t get into too many situations like this, but they have, indeed, happened. I won’t put someone on ignore who is attacking me in one of the chat channels, I’ll only put someone on ignore when they’re just annoying in general.

No, but it should come with personal responsibility and some form of maturity. Being excited that you’ve reached your limit of flagging is just … strange. I’m of the opinion that if you’re misusing or outright abusing the system, you should lose the ability to use it. :man_shrugging:

This.

This is another reason I’m so disappointed and saddened by the community of late. I know trolls and bholes have always been a part of this game, but never like this. I think a big part of it is that we’re all pretty upset with how the game is going. We all have pretty serious complaints, and we all feel like they’re just being ignored. (yes, I’m aware saying “we all…” might be hyperbolic, but I honestly think that we all do have some complaints about the game, and for the vast majority, feel those complaints are being ignored.)

Erm, I don’t think I said that or insinuated that.

I didn’t say that, at all. If you work through the sentence, I said to please stop flagging posts that aren’t trolling as trolling. I didn’t say “stop flagging as trolling. Period. You’re only doing it because you don’t agree with the post!” If I had said that, your comment would hold water.

Is that what you love? Weird. It did get flagged, which I was sure would happen, but I was also pretty sure it would be allowed once reviewed- which it was.

Ok with what? Sorry, at this point I can’t decipher who is responding to my OP, or to other comments. Do you mind clarifying for me?

Battletag id and real id are two different things. The internet isn’t melting down and they use battletag id on both the Overwatch and D3 forums.

Plus they don’t use the entire ID so people can’t flame/harass you in game for things. In fact it is a lot more secure in that manner than using characters that have servers identified.

Here you go take a look - the world doesn’t end.

2 Likes

Not sure I said it is… I said real names made the internet basically melt down. But whatever you need to feel you’ve made your point.

Yes well you responded to my suggestion about using battletag id with the internet melting down over real id so you sounded like you thought the two were the same thing so I clarified they aren’t and there is no problem with using battletag id.

In fact, that is the easiest way to stop one person from being able to bury a post.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought about deleting my comment as I read through and saw you say that you didn’t realize. Didn’t flag you by the way. Mostly because I know that the flagging is getting abused by some people but man oh man I wish we could keep things to one thread. sigh

It negates the entirety of this conversation you’re trying to hold. Your OP already assumes you think everyone that flags an idea/post is doing so out of a Dislike and not out of they think the post is actual Trolling.

2 Likes

No, they do get ignored. Reporting a post because you disagree with it or they debunked you is one thing, reporting a post that’s a straight-up insult (git gud, scrub, etc) and nothing happens, even when the same person continuously does it is proof enough.

I was referring to a point where they were talking about using real names. Is that what Real ID was/is? I haven’t seen anyone’s real name on my btag in quite some time, so I thought it got phased out or removed.

This simply isn’t true or remotely correct. I already explained it, I won’t bother explaining it again. I’m sure whomever reviewed it with Blizzard would have seen the same thing you did, since they are working specifically to remove posts that aren’t helpful or necessary, so it would have been removed when it was hidden and being reviewed. Or maybe they’re not and it wasn’t. Maybe flag it again?

In this comment, I was referring to complaints with the game itself, not the forum. Are you as well? If so, I’m not sure what you mean. I feel like the forum is a completely different animal than the game (obviously… a game is different from the forum…), in the sense that the problem with issues making the game worth playing becoming questionable being ignored, is far different than whether or not we can call someone an idiot on the forum (I’d obviously be a contender for biggest idiot on the forum, but I digress).

Frankly, I’d be happy if half, or more, of the folks monitoring forums were instead monitoring trade chat and LFG chat. The toxicity is … well … toxic. Go ahead, report me to the Department of Redundancy department. I dare you.

I was referring to the forum. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

1 Like

Theyre aware. Ive chewed them out a few times over bogus suspensions.
yeah…theyll reverse them…IF you cry about it.
I aint doing it again.
I’ll let the BS suspensions stand then when it turns into a ban I’ll go find mature adults to talk to on a different forum.

2 Likes

No worries, I think it was on my end. I’m cold, tired, and my Monster Energy fix is getting to the critical point… It’s almost bad enough I’m gonna go deal with the snow, ice, and 5 degrees to go get more Monster v.v

I’ve been watching more of the /r forums lately, for this reason. Less censorship, more swearing.

1 Like

Gah, my heart would hate me for drinking those. I’ll stick to the Keurig my wife bought me. lol

1 Like

Exactly.
you fart in here, some baby cries about it and you get a note over some BS nonsense like I did again because someone cried about some petty, irrelevant comment I made that DIDNT break the rules, but DID somehow upset the snowflake who mashed the report button 79 times before passing out from stress.

But go to stormwind or ogrimmar trade chat and see the vile crap that is posted 24 hours a day in there. They do it in game because there is less fear of having an account shut down than in here.
I wonder why that would be…cough…cough…hack…$$$…choke cough.

2 Likes

Careful, the babies report coughing just as often as they report farting.

LATELY, I agree…to some extent.
BUT…they just nailed me overnight over some child in here flagging a post that had no rules broken at all, just didnt like that they had been provided with FACTS, I guess, and reported my post over grief and humiliation, apparently.
So yeah…its still going on.