About the flagging system

Blizzard,

Are you all aware of the flagging system being misused at best, but probably just abused? Flagging posts as trolling simply because you disagree with it should be punishable the same way posting trolling topics should be (whatever they punish that with… a silence of some sort?). Make the person unable to flag posts for 24 hours, or 72, whatever. Just get a grip on it, please!

If you disagree with a topic or the content within it, state that in a comment below it! That’s what forums are for!

fo·rum

/ˈfôrəm/

noun

1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Notice how it doesn’t say “also where you should flag people for trolling if you don’t have views on the issue, don’t like it, or just want the OP to shut up.”?

This community has evolved so poorly over the years… maybe “devolved” is a better word :frowning_face:

I truly believe it could be made better, maybe even back to BC/Wrath days, with a huge congregation of folks who are helpful, even if, at times, a bit troll-y…

Please, please folks- stop flagging posts as “trolling” when they’re not. It stops the flow of ideas that could get to the devs to help make this game and the community a better place to be, a more fun place.

28 Likes

While I didn’t read all of it I agree to the parts that I did read, but I know it’s not worth it to read it all because this thread is about to become a war zone.

5 Likes

Not necessarily! Mine didn’t. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ah, sorry. I skimmed a couple scrolls worth of posts but didn’t see one. I missed it, sorry!

Oh, no worries! I was just posting it to point out that not all of the discussions on this topic get out of hand. Hehe

4 Likes

Calling out blizzard and discussing their disciplinary actions are both against ToS.

As you said in another thread use your head.

Also I have never seem a forum that didn’t have a set of rules to help keep discussions civil and on topic. Don’t like it, post somewhere else.

3 Likes

That would seem to be a pretty obscure thing in the ToS, but let’s say you’re right. So we’re not allowed to discuss disciplinary actions … just … period? At all? And I’m not calling them out, I’m trying to get their attention.

Should this really be a break in ToS, I’ll be glad to take my punishment, just the same as anyone else should.

And yes, I definitely did tell someone else to use their head in another thread- a thread on which they were advertising gambling in WoW, on WoW forums, for a twitch stream where it’s against ToS there as well. This is a little bit different, friend.

2 Likes

So is purposely trying to derail a thread from the original topic.

14 Likes

If a post isn’t trolling, I don’t flag it for trolling.

But I have easily reached the flagging cooldown.

There are lots of trolls.

1 Like

You should find a real hobby. I’m not a doctor or anything but worrying so much about a video game forum cannot be healthy for you.

11 Likes

It doesn’t take long here.

1 Like

Simply bring back the down vote system, and methinks that the problem would be solved.

7 Likes

The stress level alone of worrying about it thinking you are policing something has to be a horrible weight to carry on your shoulder.

1 Like

I still think anyone that mentions attention seeking youtubers should just be auto flagged for trolling.

9 Likes

It’s remarkably easy to flag and move on.

1 Like

I suppose so. I guess I just wouldn’t understand or know the stress it may cause since I have real things to deal with in life instead of worrying about a video game forum.

Anyways, have a good day flagging.

shrug

2 Likes

It doesn’t take much time or effort bc I generally only flag the OP of a thread. I’m also not concerned about the feelings of posters bc I’m just flagging so mods can figure out if the flag is warranted. Beyond that I pretty much don’t care.

2 Likes

Talking about the overall issue of flagging abuse isn’t discussing specific disciplinary actions, though. So not against ToS.

3 Likes

There is at least one other thread on this. And the solution in my opinion is to handle the few individuals who do this thing but mostly they are really going to have to stop the ability for one person to switch over to other characters and flag. Some people in this community can’t handle that power.

I think they should just switch everyone to battletag id and be done with it or they will continue to have problems with this format.

I would love to have this back as well but with one person being able to switch to 50 characters on one account and downvote, this wouldn’t work out so well either.

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m just going to flag for the hell of it and let the mods sort it all out.

2 Likes