About the flagging system

Who said I ever was or were you making a general statement not aimed at me?

And you think that there is not enough to flag on the forums to reach the limit? I only flag what’s extreme and I still run out of flags on a regular basis. The code of conduct is pretty clear what can be flagged and there are a ton of posts in this thread alone that qualify not to mention the forums as a whole.

It was directed at someone else who said they had reached their limit, but just in general, I think it’s weird to reach the limit. In response to your second quote and response- I think you’ve gotta be going out of your way to reach the report limit. I understand there are plenty of posts that deserve it, but I only see them here and there. To hit a limit means the limit is pretty meager or that you’re actively searching them out, it would seem.

EDIT: Also, wasn’t there some kind of reward for flaggers? Or was that just for those who post often without being flagged? If there’s a reward for those flagging posts, that’s just a bad system.

So you answered your own problem. If it hasn’t been removed or Locked, then Mods didn’t agree. You are limited on the number of flags you have to use. But that doesn’t mean, more players can’t flag that post.

Instead of complaining about Post being hidden from flagging, maybe you can complain about Flags being by Avatar and not by account. Since I’m pretty sure THIS is where the Abuse in the system comes from–

Players bouncing from Alt to alt, to up Upvote or Flag post.

Your request to Punish players for flagging a post requires Blizzard to, 100% know, beyond a shadow of doubt, they are flagging outside of the intention. They can’t know since the rules are vague and left open to interpretation by the individual.

Which is why a Mod must review them before a thread is locked or deleted.

Or that I spend a lot of time on the forums. (<----- that one is the correct one.)

Not that I am aware of. If there is I never got my reward.

Ok, this may be a stupid question. How do you know if a post has been flagged?

Yeah, my intention is not to get flagged but if someone does, then what can you do? Flag them? Nope.
I am here to chat, make a joke or ask for/offer help. If I offend someone along the way, I’ll try to resolve it if I can.
Anyway, if people abuse/cry wolf/report a lot, I’m going to assume that Blizzard has plans for that too.

Makes me think the flagging system isn’t working properly or the Blizzard employee who’s job it is to watch over the forms isn’t doing their job.

I think if a post is hidden because a group of people flagged it for trolling, when it was in fact them trolling, then they should have their privileges removed.

Why else would they feel the need to try and police other people?

Whats the matter with you people? Your sad because people are mean. Well Im sorry the world isn’t one big liberal arts college campus.

You want to put all your crap on the internet and have every single person say “hurray for you” f that.

Some ideas are stupid they are going to get trashed thats reality.

Yes I stole that from South Park still rings true.

Blizz should only step in when people are legitimately being harassed or threatened. They shouldn’t be the feels police.

1 Like

Because it’s easy to report something that breaks the rules?

1 Like

If a person/group is trolling for trolling sake in order to ruin someone else’s day because they have low self esteem then they should grow up. That kind of behavior is juvenile and if their parents didn’t raise them to respect others properly there should be ways to correct them in a public forum.

1 Like

Yes apparently having an opinion is classed as trolling in the forums now. Ive had 2 posts flagged now that were not derogatory or demeaning to anyone yet were flagged due to a difference of opinion lol. Go automated forum police!

1 Like

The problems that this ‘solution’ would raise are obvious and disconcerting.
For instance, the ingame stalking would be horrific, if this was implemented.
Snuggles back into the comfy chair

It’s easy to report someone…period, dear.
Please do not fall into the mindset of ‘presumed guilt’; this isn’t Russia.
Sips a cup of hot cocoa, with a teeny tiny marshmallow in the exact center.

How would knowing someone’s Battletag (sans numbers) lead to more stalking than knowing their character’s name and realm?

People found to be abusing the flagging system can be banned from the forums.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can know unless mods delete it or you get sanctioned.

1 Like

Flagged for trolling…

I hate the new flagging system. Easy way for people to troll harder than they used to, or if they disagree with it, they just flag it and most likely will get deleted.

But why does it matter if they break the rules? Do you really need to police other people? Let them have their own opinions, let them swear if they want. Let Blizzard moderate their own forums.