A really really long awkward drawn out sad goodbye to the twink community

They will 100% continue. Hopefully one of these days one of my “twinks” will get a shout out!

What a beautiful thing.

Remember when twinks and their supporters were debating on here this was not an exploit lol. Well once again they were wrong. Thanks Blizzard for keeping the game “real” for all the TOS abiding players.

All the work of visiting xp on/off NPC’s across many servers and reporting the exploiters paid off. I am delighted. We will continue to look for exploits in relation to PVP and report. Regardless of what the pro twink posters on here say, never forget the truth comes out in the end.

Don’t think we are complacent enough to know the next big thing for them is not around the corner, we are not naive. They will continue to look for avenues to get at the leveling population, because that’s all they have to brag about.

I won’t be posting much on here, I had my fill, of debating back and fore with experienced wow players, that support twinks. All I can do is question whether they really love the game that has gave them so much joy over the years.

And if you are wondering who “we” are it’s a group of players that love WOW, that put in a load of work reporting the exploiters.

Got to say I’m amazed at the attitudes of experienced players towards new players coming into the game/pvp. Elitist attitudes are what spoil games like wow for new players, or players returning to the game. It would be great to see that change, but it probably won’t.

4 Likes

You say that like it was all of them doing that. There are a handful of people who post here regularly that twink because they like rolling over new players and casual levelers and it was people from that group who were defending and rationalizing about the exploit. You can identify these people as they like to use fad troll statements like “l2p” or “git gud”. That and they just have an overall negative disposition or even admit they do these things.

However, there were people who engage in this playstyle that do not fall into this bucket who were very vocal about being against exploiting.

You are correct that Elitist attitudes spoil games, but so do generalizations. We have enough of those around here. People who believe that being a twink automatically means you’re a griefer. This isn’t 2005/6 where the playstyle was almost exclusively people like that. This is 2019 where it’s commonly used as a content preservation method.

2 Likes

Wow, get over yourself. This is so cringe. Hope you and your WoW superhero gang didn’t work yourself too hard. You hear that everyone? New players are now safe from getting rolled over by veteran players. But we must remain vigilant! We don’t know where these scumbags could strike next.

You fill all your gear slots, keep them up to date, and enchant heirlooms while steam rolling levelers? How dare you. We are looking at you dirty enchanted heirloom throwaway twinks next. Won’t rest until templates are returned and everyone is exactly the same because low level BGs are super serious and otherwise has very well balanced classes and specs. Pshhh WSG with 3 healers vs 0 healers. Who even cares. It’s all about those people that use better gear and paid for enchants. They bought saltwater potions and flasks too? Unforgivable! New players don’t have access to those. Riot.

Thank goodness they are here to represent the “group of players that love WOW”.

Maybe you should head over to the classic forum and spread your anti-twink prejudice there as well. You can’t possibly accept that all those twinks in vanilla that will be there again in classic just get to fight regular levelers scot-free. This is an outrage. Go fight them #nochanges players. Dare ya. We need to save classic as well. You are our only hope.

5 Likes

With all due respect, you start your post out with:

Then you follow up with the rest of that. Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

If you disagreed with his post, say why you disagree. Insulting someone’s post and backing it up with sarcasm really doesn’t do anything more than fuel the fire.

4 Likes

Wow get over your fancy house.

2 Likes

I’d never live in a glass house in today’s society. It’s alarming when you do a search and find out how many perverts live not far from you.

Oh , don’t even Greyhide. “You are correct that Elitist attitudes spoil games, but so do generalizations. We have enough of those around here.” Very Rich coming from you. Should I dig up that nonsense you were spouting that got you ridiculed on these forums? Trying to use different tactics now after that backfired so spectacularly? Well too late for that.

He doesn’t deserve it. Coming here to villainize and ridicule veteran players and twinks cause they don’t appreciate the new player experience enough. Acting all righteous cause he on the side of players that love WOW.

What about the veteran player experience? What about the people that have played since 2005 and have been participating in twinking since Vanilla? Not everything is about catering to the perceived ‘fragile’ new player experience. And trust me when I say there isn’t many new players to this game. It’s majority veteran players with some returning players here and there that don’t tend to stick around long. Trying to handhold the pvp leveling experience and stop anyone from having advantages is not helping there and imo deprives WoW of vital RPG elements.

Sure hope this wasn’t the primary focus of those veteran players cause they now have character that serve no purpose. Invested years of gameplay into characters that you cherish? Have fun doing nothing with them. Can’t group with levelers for pve or pvp. Lol 95% reduced group experience. You can duel eachother though (until they add dueling experience. Cause that wouldn’t be fair!) or delete your character and move to one of the 2 brackets that can make wargames. Oh but you can only play at very specific scheduled times. You can’t make that time? Well too bad so sad. The vast majority of twink players are too fed up with the prejudice and foul treatment from blizzard in general and have already started to abandon the game. Real classy how they sprung that 8.1.5 segregation change on us with absolutely no warning whatsoever when they had months to inform us. Nice patch notes Blizzard. Guess they just didn’t LOVE wow enough :roll_eyes: Twinks have a right to be upset.

4 Likes

0/10 /10chars

3 Likes

If you look at honor levels, I have to agree with you. There are very rarely people below honor level 30 in any low level BGs that I’ve played, so saying that twinks prey on new players is kind of a bad argument.

I screenshot most of my BG endscreens, and very rarely do I see more than 4 new players.

https://imgur.com/xvnt1b4
https://imgur.com/ZJbypjf
https://imgur.com/R9JheWX
https://imgur.com/EJHXFOD
https://imgur.com/xJeRwXK

Very few new players.

Are you referring to when those negative people who engage in the playstyle got upset when people on here were debunking them? A comment isn’t nonsense just because you disagree. Besides, why would anybody care about old troll comments of those negative people? Maybe 2 people and their alts did then, nobody would now.

Who decides what someone deserves? He might just be misinformed. Taking the aggressive stance really accomplishes nothing.

What about the people who’ve played since 2005? That’s not the best time frame to reference.

As far as how many “new players” there are, any comments such as “there are not very many” or “there are a lot” are 100% pure speculation. The most common reason people give for “there are not very many” is that this is a 17 year old game, which doesn’t really mean much considering I play a game that’s been around for 26 years and we get new players all the time.

I understand your feelings about what gives the game the “RPG” feeling but that will vary from person to person. There are places for everything. All kinds of people should be able to enjoy a game the way they want.

While I can sympathize for those who invested a lot of time in a character but that’s one of the “RPG elements.” World of Warcraft expands. Expansions mean all that gear you worked hard to get becomes obsolete. You can try to preserve them through the twinking method and you have every right. And I do hope that some method is introduced to allow that to happen but some others adapt to changes.

I do agree that Blizzard should have gave warning for the separation like they did before. They explained in more detail the first time, talking about how they wanted things to be fair and that was the way to go.

A lot of forum posters speak out against cheating and exploiting, but they don’t go the extra mile and actually do something to help solve the problem.

Strong work.

1 Like

Well said.

I read the forums for the QQ.

1 Like

Is that what you’d like to call it now? I really didn’t want to have to dig it all out but since you have to be this way I’ll put in the effort.

This was one of the extremely ridiculous stories you gave us to attempt to correlate it with people that play twinks. To give them a generalization and real life example.

This one was cute as well. Linking twinking with a 30 year old man being physically violent with 3rd graders.

You blatantly made the sweeping generalization that everyone wanted the separation before it happened and when told that you can’t prove that and that it was false you just obstinately repeated that it was and that proving it “had already been done by several others” and you didn’t have to. Which is untrue. You just didn’t have anything to back your claim. Your proclaimed masterful debunking is primarily you thinking you can speak on the behalf of everyone else and being full of yourself. To be clear just because it did happen doesn’t mean you were in the right.

Also you kept trying to push the term NEET onto twinks. I had to finally look it up and the only thing I could find was. “A NEET or neet is a person who is “Not in Education, Employment, or Training”. The acronym NEET was first used in the United Kingdom, but its use has spread to other countries and regions, including Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United States.” What an insinuation… -_-

I’m not going to get into people catching that you liked your own posts with your alts in an attempt to reinforce your claim. It’s deceitful but it’s not a huge crime on these forums.

Overall, you’ve made a poor impression of yourself and IMO many people don’t take you seriously if they know anything about you as a poster.

5 Likes

Pretty much.

No, that was one of the stories from one of the 2 people I’ve met in real life who engage in the playstyle for the negative aspects of it.

When the negative crowd want to brag about their accomplishments, they were debunked.

Yep, I did. And I was referring to those negative people and even referenced it. You’ll find that too in your research.

I wasn’t the one who started that but it was a funny joke. Did you get triggered by it? No hard feelings, eh?

As I mentioned the other day, someone in the GD mentioned you could do this, so I did it once and then someone tried claiming they were all my alts. But thank you for bringing that up, it’s flattering.

I’m sorry your obsession makes you feel that way.

Yea Grey has thankfully eased up lately. His ridiculous posts and comparisons are what brought me to this topic and got me to try out these Bgs as a leveler.

1 Like

I think several of us have eased up. I’m sorry you didn’t agree with me but I’m glad I was able to inspire you.

Ofc I didn’t agree with any of your comparisons. “Twinks are like potholes” that was actually my favorite