A really really long awkward drawn out sad goodbye to the twink community

Lol, you can’t write the name because forums are pc!

I’m big into Leftover Crack/Choking Victim and stuff like that lately.

Choking Victim’s original take on “Infested” is my number one favorite song of all time. Wasnt a fan of the LoC version.

Punk rock and studying insects in my offtime is my life.

1 Like

That’s cool.

I remember getting loaded at some wild Crack shows in the city back in the early/mid 2000s.

Choking Victim was the first show I ever went to in 1997.

Nothing like getting piss drunk as an adolescent and getting wrecked in the pit.

NOFX was mine. Rancid was there as well, along with Anti-Flag I think.

It was their first concert in Detroit in like 10 years. That was probably 2012-2016 somewhere in there.

Yep, I did. Someone in GD said you could and I wanted to test it. A lot of things you can and cannot do on the new forums went undocumented. Anyway, someone took it and ran with it and thought it bothered me.

That’s awesome.

I’ve always loved rancid and op ivy.

Anti flag too back in the day.

My music tasted changed some as I grew older, but 80s and 90s punk rock still has a special place in my heart.

I’m no longer the mohawked teenager anymore, but I still keep that punk rock vibe going.

I’m a hide NIN fan too (thus the character Reznor).

I see them every time they come to the NYC area.

Thats life man. Here I am sitting in a quality lab that is temperature controlled and vibration controlled, and I’m banging my head to some old school punk rock tunes.

The lessons you learn from the music affect your character for life, but we still have to grow up in some ways.

1 Like

The Ramones? The Clash?

For sure. The guns of brixton

Rudy Rudy rude boys

Pseudo Echo >:D

I’m into more gypsy/folk punk lately too.

Here’s my go to punk/grunge playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/user/mikaroo/playlist/6koW0r80RxJDjEc05Ct65g?si=1eQYbUG-SlmWP61-mJM6-w

Is it fun playing against fresh 120s with twice their item level?

1 Like

It is not. Fortunately thats not why I twink.

You guys bring up new players all the time but there are so few of those in the first place. And even then, new players are still going to get murdered over and over again by people in heirlooms so I ask you, is it fun playing against new players with a character in heirlooms?

2 Likes

I look at this from both sides of the spectrum. We really don’t know how many new players there actually are. I’ve read people say that there are very few because the game is 17 years old. I play a game that’s 26 years old and I see new players all the time.

However, yes, people see the word “twink” and automatically assume they’re a certain way. Yes, lots of people engage in the playstyle for that reason but no, not everyone does. Off the top of my head, I can name 5 people who post here regularly who engage in it because they want to compete against like players and I can name 5 people who engage in it because they just like to “roll noobs” or whatever slang comments you can think of.

well you could do what all the alliance moonguard/ emerald dream / proudmoore twinks are doing and abuse the exploit to get into exp on bgs with exp off toons. It is seriously so bad that there have been twink teams of 3-5 from those servers in every.single.battleground since i made this character and started leveling. I am not exaggerating, EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. EDIT : this character is lvl 75, not sure why its showing lvl 44

Non-issue as of yesterday unless there’s something I’m missing.

Its gonna be few weeks until everyone forgets that the exploit existed. Until then we just gotta deal with people thinking its still around.

Kinda funny how people seem to blame particular servers for these sorts of things.

Well some people equate a powerful toon, who does a lot of damage and doesn’t die much, to a twink. That’s why I say these complaints won’t stop.

2 Likes

well its come time to lvl this toon to 40 then regear with xpoff for bis and repeat gearing once old gear becomes less effective.

im fine with that tbh