A possible compromise to RDF from an anti-RDF perspective

Noo, it’s a really bad idea. For those who want it they already have Discord or other services.

I mean optional of course. 100% optional

1 Like

Let’s face it, they suck with their own UI. So many must have add-ons should be standard after 17 years. Raid frames? HUD? One big backpack?

They leave too many important features to unpaid, third party coders. Great full they make the game playable, but blizz sucks at their own interface.

You exist in the world in that time dont you traveling there?

Maybe, maybe not … the point is removing the flight 100% guarantees not … instead of a chance of it happening which i think people are missing why.

Perhaps for you but definately hasn’t been for me as im a social individual and other usually are if you engage.

This is a patience issue and my guess choosing to play a role that is so overabundant the NEED for rfd is imperative to exist. RDF will not solve the sever lack of tanks and or healers period. People rolling them will which we know how that goes … retail has years of trying to solve it to no avail.

2 Likes

Ummm. What??

On the slim chance I meet a passing player in the Storm Peaks, I befriend them in our brief half second overlap? .00001% chance here.

That’s super. I generally don’t chat in groups as I’m busy healing. Maybe you are a better typist than I am.

You just proved you have no idea how RDF increased the number of tanks and healers per day, and what you said is proof. They nixed the daily quest and changed it to first RDF of the day. One tank/healer could run more than one group through their first Random of the day. It absolutely increased the number of runs per day, per tank.

You speak of that which you do not know.

Here’s the best compromise I think:

Add RDF as it was except for one thing, don’t make it random or remove the ability to bypass heroic lockouts. I mean, make it so you could still make is sorta random, by queueing up to everything, but each lockout would make your selection less and less. Make the daily random heroic just the first heroic you complete.

So now the compromise part, if you run your dungeon without RDF, you get an adventure’s cache, which contain some consumables like health and mana pots, and like a 25% chance on an extra badge or flask.

So a group of 5 can use RDF for the daily and get no cache, and then run some manually for extra caches.

Incentivize social gameplay, don’t hamper solo gameplay.

you said immersion, removing the flight removes the immersion in the world by removing you entirely regardless of how it’s accomplished.

I socialize usually in world chats to kill the time. Again it appears its the anti social crowd that have problems with this.

over 90wpm but i dont believe the discussion is about when in combat …

add up all the tanks and you still have a massive issue xrealm as now you just added ALOT more dps to the mix … the reason they ran it was the rewards thereafter and probably not to help people although the sentiment would be heart warming. They simply won’t run it more then once on avg unfortunately. Could be wrong and i hope so but todays pop of gamers are very selfish and self centered … that’s not how as a species we’ve accomplished what we have today.

1 Like

I want RDF but not having has zero bearing on me expect not lvling any other toons. This means not lvling a healer or another tank. I feel this only hurts dps and lvling toons after awhile by not having RDF.

I currently have a tank and healer lvl 70 and see msgs all the time LF1M tank. I even get msgs “Hey are you a tank? Would you mind tanking, I will pay you 50g” I always rely, sorry I can’t.

Reason being, I learned it takes me anywehere to 30 min or more to get the run going. So I just tank for guildies and friends where I know the dung will be ran fairly soon and most part flawless.

If I had RDF like we had back in the day then I would que all the time just like I did back in the day. This will keep tanks queing as well as healers because of the rewards of queing.

TL/DR No RDF only hurts dps really and also those LF tank in LFG tool as many tanks like myself refuse to use chat or tool. Not having RDF doesn’t affect me

You are correct, we ran it for the rewards. But I can also remember joining guilds and making friends due to queing in the RDF back in the day. Having RDF does not make it any less social than the stupid LFG tool and chat in my opinion. I have joined groups as dps and not hardly said a word or made friends in TBC now so.

1 Like

The only rewards in wotlk RDF is the 2 extra normal badges after the 2 high tier badges (which still exists without RDF with the daily quest like TBC). Call to Arms satchels weren’t added until Cata.

1 Like

You guys are all saying RDF removes sociability while completely discounting the fact that a lot of us ran more than once JUST to help out guild mates. If that’s not adding to the social aspect of the game, I don’t know what does.

You can’t have it both ways.

I guess you thought I meant the satchel. No I meant the quick badges. Currently it takes me as a tank 20-30 to get the dung group going in TBC if I play with pugs. If I que as tank in RDF, I am ported to dung prob easily less than 5 min. Dung begins and 30 min later it’s usually done.

My rewards are the drops, the badges, and the quests done in far faster time than reading chat, forming group, flying to dun (or summoned) for the false narrative of socialization.

These are only my opinions and I refuse to speak for others how they feel. I want RDF but if it doesn’t come then fine by me. I just will not lvl other toons and will continue to not use the LFG channel or the stupid tool.

There was nothing worthwhile in the Wrath dungeon satchels anyways. They keep bringing them up like there were mounts and piles of gold. Nada, Zip, Zilch…

Whenever I see someone talk about how they are an issue, it’s just proof they never played in Wrath, because if they did they’d know nothing good was ever inside them.

1 Like

Who says RDF removes sociability? Because they’re dead wrong. You form way more groups with RDF than without it. Meet way more people. They may not all be 5 people on the same server, but it facilitates smaller groups forming and then using RDF to fill out the remainder.

You see someone out questing, ask if they’d like to run some dungeons. Group up, queue up and go at it. That’s the power of the accessibility and convenience of RDF. So what if you fill out the group with 3 randoms? You’ve just met and grouped with someone you wouldn’t have if not for RDF….because the hassle to fill out a group makes the attempt not worth it.

So maybe now you’ve made a new friend. Later on one of you have a similar experience with another player. Now you’ve made two friends. One day you want to run some dungeons and whisper them both. Now you introduce them and they meet. Now you’re up to 3. And so on and so on. People meet 1 or 2 random people and random times. Then eventually each pair gets together and more people get involved.

That is how friendships are created. Organic interactions that just happen. You get along with people, you share a similar sense of humor, you keep grouping together. That’s how to build a community. Not…‘this person has the gearscore I’m looking for’. The lack of RDF stresses all the wrong aspects. It just turns it into a business transaction.

You can’t force people to be social. It just had to happen. And accessibility and conveniences greatly increases the chances. People aren’t stressed out and worn out by the process just to get into a group.

But whatever. Blizz doesn’t care anyway.

4 Likes

I so agree with everything you said. Hell I even have made toons on a different server to play with someone I meet using RDF or vice versa.

For me I would like RDF as it was. It made grouping at odd hours on a low pop server possible. IF a compromise must be made then I would offer to make RDF for normal dungeons only, Heroics to be made manually. I would really prefer the old system as it was perfect for what it did but this might appease both sides.

They don’t care. Truest thing you can possibly post. They monetized our time and I have no doubt they have an algorithm that shows max profits via timegating.

I think they’re in for a rude awakening. If you can’t group easily for heroics, there’s no point in playing. The playerbase has become so greedy and toxic it won’t be like it used to be.

that’s 100% BS.
Its the anti-RDF folks who aren’t willing to compromise, except for the OP. This is literally the only thread. All other compromise threads are by people who want RDF.

1 Like

Agree, I want RDF and would even be willing to only have RDF all the way until you hit 70. Only being able to que for TBC content and Vanilla content. That way I can level alts at my own pace without only quest grinding over and over.

IF, and IF is the key word, IF there were compromises so I could easily form a group vs chat spamming… why wouldn’t we take it? We’ve been offered nothing so the whole compromise thing is pointless. They’re going forward and we have no choice.